Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 07:57 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times

Advertisements

You can't make this stuff up, folks. At least his former colleagues were gracious about it.

"We wish Seth all the best in his new found relationship with Jesus Christ,” said AIK founder and president Harrison Mumia in an accompanying press release. “We thank him for having served the society with dedication over the last one and a half years.”

The press release also advertises the resulting vacancy in the organization, inviting prospective candidates to apply for the job.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...finding-jesus/

Old 05-31-2021, 07:59 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Good for him. Lots and lots of people have gone the other way and turned their backs on religion. Many prominent religious leaders. What people do is their personal business. We don't need to make this political.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,088 times
Religion works for some, atheism works for others.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:04 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
You can't make this stuff up, folks. At least his former colleagues were gracious about it.

"We wish Seth all the best in his new found relationship with Jesus Christ,” said AIK founder and president Harrison Mumia in an accompanying press release. “We thank him for having served the society with dedication over the last one and a half years.”

The press release also advertises the resulting vacancy in the organization, inviting prospective candidates to apply for the job.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...finding-jesus/
It's amusing, but not such a big deal. People's religious and political beliefs evolve all the time.

And why wouldn't the group be gracious? Atheists generally aren't as fanatical as evangelicals.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:23 PM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Atheists generally aren't as fanatical as evangelicals.
My personal experience does not match yours. Atheists have a belief system, you will find some who are deeply invested in it and are more than willing to espouse this belief. Evangelicals fall roughly along the same lines. Either way, it's humans who have a particular belief system, beyond that the curves WRT "fanatics" vs strong believers vs weak believers are imho roughly the same because in the end it's human nature, not the specific belief system.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:30 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Nice! I am also a former atheist. I was an atheist for 14 years. I was quite militant about it at times, especially as a young teenager. I've been a Christian now for over 2 years.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:32 PM

1,553 posts, read 924,654 times
This jesus character is a long-dead dude.

There's still ZERO credible or compelling evidence to prove that he's anything more than some ... long-dead dude.

Where I come from we have an old saying ... Blind faith is for suckers.

But hey, "Seth", whatever floats your boat...

Old 05-31-2021, 08:35 PM

Hey Market Junkie,

Did you see my post in the other thread? There is a lot of evidence for the faith, and for the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In fact, the evidence is quite overwhelming. "Blind faith" is actually what you have to have to believe the universe exploded into existence from nothing and life came from nonliving chemicals.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:43 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

And why wouldn't the group be gracious?
That's the thing. Whether Seth is an atheist or a Christian or anything else it doesn't really matter from an atheist point of view. We all end up maggot meat in the end. So while you are alive you might as well believe what you are comfortable with while you are alive.

Old 05-31-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
That's the thing. Whether Seth is an atheist or a Christian or anything else it doesn't really matter from an atheist point of view. We all end up maggot meat in the end. So while you are alive you might as well believe what you are comfortable with while you are alive.
I don't accept this at all. Being happy believing a lie is not good. There's no such thing as, "what's true for me." It's either true or it's a lie. Truth is not relative; it's absolute. I can even appreciate the positions of militant atheists like Richard Dawkins, who would also argue this way, though he is deceived. Me, I'm forever in the loving arms of my Savior and Master, the Lord Jesus. I say this not just because it makes me feel good, but because it's true. If it were not true, it does me no good to believe it. I believe it because it's true. I have no interest in fairytales. I defend my religion because it is absolutely, objectively true. Everyone else believes a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies