Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 10:51 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,862,153 times

Advertisements

It's interesting how the Chinese Communist Party news media is more aware of the rampant violence in Oakland compared to the residents, police, mayor and city council who pretend that Oakland is a utopian world-class city.

If Oakland had the same homicide rate as China it would have 20 homicides a decade compared to the 56 homicides they already have.

If Oakland had the same homicide rate as China, they would have 2 homicides a year. Instead, the ultra-pretentious and elitest city of Oakland had 56 homicides in just over 4 months.

U.S. Oakland's homicides spike during the pandemic: media - Xinhua | English.news.cn

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/05...nd-shooting-6/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 10:54 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Many folks don’t want to admit they live in or are responsible for these cesspools, especially those that defend these areas with “it’s not that bad, you’re not here, it’s exaggerated, etc...,” and they’d also have to admit the area/s need more policing for the thugs that commit these crimes, so that’s also out of the question.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:59 PM

727 posts, read 304,616 times
There was a thread that was deleted with a dude from Oakland bashing Texas, LMAO how does crow taste?

Old 05-31-2021, 11:00 PM

6,730 posts, read 6,724,376 times
It's bad and the 100%+ increase is noteworthy. Before COVID, it had a stretch of very light activity. Interestingly, SF still has a very low homicide rate, at 15 for the year on 2x the population, though its property crime is very high. White people commit a lot of property crimes for drugs, but the homicides are mostly black on black, so SF hasn't been hit there because it has very few black people.

Ultimately, this is the direct result of police inactivity after defund/BLM, it will be sad if Oakland gets Baltimore'd and stays like this.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
So, lots of people in America, especially minorities, are feeling quite strongly hated against, and they're choosing to do something about it by getting back at it by shooting down people. I would suggest moving out of big cities where there are a lot of people having a chip on their shoulders from people hating them. I can't imagine how intense and heart felt the hatred is in big cities must be.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, lots of people in America, especially minorities, are feeling quite strongly hated against, and they're choosing to do something about it by getting back at it by shooting down people.
They're shooting their own people and a lot of its personal, not political. The issue in Oakland and the East Bay has been hate crimes against Asians, much of which has come from black people. I'll still walk around the good parts of Oakland, a lot of Asians I know won't.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, lots of people in America, especially minorities, are feeling quite strongly hated against, and they're choosing to do something about it by getting back at it by shooting down people. I would suggest moving out of big cities where there are a lot of people having a chip on their shoulders from people hating them. I can't imagine how intense and heart felt the hatred is in big cities must be.
I agree. Let them keep shooting until nobody’s left but a few of the shooters. Then the city can start over with only a few criminals left.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
They're shooting their own people and a lot of its personal, not political. The issue in Oakland and the East Bay has been hate crimes against Asians, much of which has come from black people. I'll still walk around the good parts of Oakland, a lot of Asians I know won't.
Bingo

Old 05-31-2021, 11:22 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Crime stats say white and black people attack asians pretty evenly(24% of all crimes against asians to 23%).

Old 05-31-2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Crime stats say white and black people attack asians pretty evenly(24% of all crimes against asians to 23%).
Generally that might be true. But around here the attacks, which includes robberies and beatings, not just homicides, are largely coming from black people. They're targeting elderly Asians in particular but at a recent youth basketball game a group of black kids starting calling an Asian kid a highly offensive ethnic slur beginning with "c".

Unlike much of America, the Bay Area has more Asians than blacks, and there seems to be some issue both around the "model minority" status of Asians, racism related to COVID, and light policing post BLM/Defund. Many of the blacks doing this are younger, have records, or were let out of juvie early due to COVID. It's not like all blacks hate Asians obviously, but rather there's a racist component within the younger black community that really has it out for Asians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies