Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 09:26 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,386,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Maybe I am missing something here, but I think for China to intentionally unleash a deadly virus would just be stupid. This did not only affect the U.S. (and China), but it affected almost every other country on earth, if not EVERY country.

Why would China intentionally do something to turn the entire world against them??

What am I am I missing here?
They want to rule the world and they don't care who or how many people they kill. They have no problem killing their own citizens. As their recent (post-WWII) history shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 09:27 PM

2,342 posts, read 1,131,555 times
Who?

Old 06-01-2021, 09:52 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,850,420 times
Protests in Hong Kong, Taiwan, the COVID-19 pandemic and accusations China's engaged in a genocide against the Uighur Muslims are sowing deeper divisions in an already strained relationship between China and the United States. With Beijing one of America's top concerns, President Joe Biden has sought to strike a stern tone, while China sees much of America's actions and comments to be an encroachment on its sovereignty.

Seems China feels more threatened by Biden than Trump -- hmmm.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:12 PM

29,663 posts, read 24,701,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Protests in Hong Kong, Taiwan, the COVID-19 pandemic and accusations China's engaged in a genocide against the Uighur Muslims are sowing deeper divisions in an already strained relationship between China and the United States. With Beijing one of America's top concerns, President Joe Biden has sought to strike a stern tone, while China sees much of America's actions and comments to be an encroachment on its sovereignty.

Because Biden is brain dead and can't be reasoned with. Trump at least wanted to reach deals and agreements that were mutually beneficial to both nations. Biden just wants to sniff young children's scalps. How can they possibly negotiate with someone like that?

Old 06-01-2021, 11:28 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,985,096 times
Maybe Truman should have let McArthur loose with his idea for china............this would have been settled Decades ago and we may not have had a vietnam war..........

Old 06-02-2021, 04:28 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,079,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Democrats are the new Fasco Communists. They want the STATE controlling everything which is the Chinese model. Happy now? It's happening here. Corporate America is the new branch of Government.

Worshipped by Republicans and the makers of huge profits on the backs of cheap Chinese labor.

Old 06-02-2021, 04:30 AM

68,285 posts, read 54,079,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Maybe Truman should have let McArthur loose with his idea for china............this would have been settled Decades ago and we may not have had a vietnam war..........

We wouldn't have had a Vietnam War if LBJ wasn't so concerned about his image and worries of appearing soft on COMMUNISM!, egged on by those who made BIG $$$ from that war. .

Old 06-02-2021, 04:53 AM

4,830 posts, read 1,998,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
A cold war stance is appropriate. Nuclear war is off the table. It would be a human life-ending event on earth.

A cold war would also be appropriate because time is on our side. The US just has to wait for China to "turn Japanese" demographically.
^^^^^^

Nobody wins in a nuclear war.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:16 AM

4,830 posts, read 1,998,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Go ahead and believe that... The Left, with their allies in the MSM and big tech did EVERYTHING to block Trump at every move... To include LYING to the gullible and easily misled American people about everything COVID-19 related.

Convince me that I'm wrong.

To say ANYBODY is afraid of Potato Biden is a joke, which is solely based on ZERO facts. Heck, half of America isn't even sure if Biden is the one calling any of the shots for the United States and I'm pretty sure half of this planet is thinking the same thing... So much for the "Leader of the Free World" who can't even string three sentences together UNLESS he's fantasizing about 9 year old little girls... Looking like they're 19.

Old 06-02-2021, 05:21 AM

5,034 posts, read 2,238,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Thanks for answering, but --

Is it now 100% sure that (1) it was manufactured in a Chinese lab, and (2) if so, that it was a deliberate leak?

I don't think so, and according to the latest article I could find from a mostly unbiased source, it seems to me that this has not been proven.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wuhan-l...ic-11621871125
A lot of us have been saying since the beginning this was leaked from the lab. Wet-market my ass. In this case, there have been reports, but they've either been buried, or the person reporting has been discredited - something the media everywhere has gotten WAY too good at doing. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. Even without 100% proof, knowing they had the virus in a lab in that area, knowing labs have had accidental leaks before, seeing that wet markets have existed for years and years without an animal-to-human jump, the question is why anyone would have believed the story about the virus jumping to humans through something a person ate?

Intentional leak? I doubt it. Again, simplest explanation. China doesn't have enough to gain from releasing it intentionally, and too much to lose if found out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies