Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2021, 11:45 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year. Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes.

https://www.thebalance.com/undocumen...ements-4778580
You didn't answer the question. How are illegal aliens paying federal income and payroll taxes and filing federal tax returns when they aren't eligible for a Social Security number (required to pay federal income and payroll taxes and to file a tax return)?

Like I said, only authorized temporary workers (H-2B, J-1, etc.) and those in non-immigrant visa status (H-1B) who are authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number (SSN).

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10096.pdf

Since illegal aliens aren't eligible for a SS number, that IRS "estimate" of 6 million is extremely doubtful.

Old 06-08-2021, 12:07 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
IRS estimates that about 6 million unauthorized immigrants file individual income tax returns each year. Research reviewed by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office indicates that between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes.

https://www.thebalance.com/undocumen...ements-4778580
Bhaaaaa! They entered this country illegally and want to be under the radar to be in the underground economy but up to 75% will do their duty as Americans to file their federal, state and local income tax which most have a fake social security number or stolen. Yeah, thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You are really grasping at straws.

Using the statistics you yourself posted, we all learned that Canadians travel abroad to access health care at a 36% higher rate than Americans do. That wouldn't be necessary if Canadian health care was as good as you seem to think it is. Canadians would just stay in Canada and use their supposedly wonderful national health care. But, gosh... they're not satisfied with their health care so they travel abroad more than Americans to access health care that's better and/or for which the wait times aren't as long as they are in Canada.

https://www.queensu.ca/gazette/stori...t-time-problem
Already thoroughly debunked. Over and over and over again.

Here, figure it our for yourself.

2021 U.S. #22 Canada # 1 https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...th-care-system

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/pub...C%20healthy%2C

Even allowing for the vagaries of all these ranking systems using variables of priorities from cost to outcomes. Canada is shown as better in every single one of them with the U.S. never making it into the top ten.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:54 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Canada # 1
You guys are sooo desperate to have something to claim yourselves number one in.

I get it. That whole hockey thing ain’t going too well for ya.

*snicker*

Old 06-08-2021, 01:55 PM

That was mean. I almost feel bad.

Almost.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:57 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,669,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
That was mean. I almost feel bad.

Almost.
Let them have their crap healthcare. Canadians like to leave out the glaring flaws in their system.

I asked for an MRI this past Friday and I'm getting it tomorrow.

Old 06-08-2021, 01:58 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Already thoroughly debunked. Over and over and over again.
It's not debunked. You posted the stats yourself. Canadians travel abroad at a 36% higher rate than Americans do to seek better and quicker access to health care. If Canadian health care is so great, why do so many Canadians have to travel abroad to access health care?

Also, why does Canadian health care only cover 70% of costs? Why are Canadians on the hook for 60% of the costs of prescription meds, paying either out of their own pockets or depending on a private insurance policy (if they even have one)?

Old 06-08-2021, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Let them have their crap healthcare. Canadians like to leave out the glaring flaws in their system.

USA: 10,000 MRI machines.
Canada: 366 MRI machines.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

Unbelievable you people think this system in the us is so superb. My friend in Canada had breast cancer. Had surgery, treatment, all of it. Paid not one dime.

It’s almost like karma needs to happen for people to come out from under the insane hypnosis they’ve been under to finally admit how effed up this system is in this first world country.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You didn't answer the question. How are illegal aliens paying federal income and payroll taxes and filing federal tax returns when they aren't eligible for a Social Security number (required to pay federal income and payroll taxes and to file a tax return)?

Like I said, only authorized temporary workers (H-2B, J-1, etc.) and those in non-immigrant visa status (H-1B) who are authorized to work in the United States by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can get a Social Security number (SSN).

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10096.pdf

Since illegal aliens aren't eligible for a SS number, that IRS "estimate" of 6 million is extremely doubtful.
The answer, had you bothered to read the link, was right there in the link regarding the application and filing using an ITIN. Undocumented Aliens can apply and receive an ITIN by which they can then file an IRS form using that number in lieu of an SSN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies