Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 11:30 AM

23,596 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, Joe asserted the opposite.

I had misread your comment, ss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 11:40 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I had misread your comment, ss.
No worries, it happens.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:49 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Actually, it will be worse. The biggest victims of all the crime in the cities by far are blacks.
Not only that, but black people are also the ones who are hurt most by mass immigration.

Quote:
Black Americans are an interesting demographic. On the one hand, black Americans vote for Democrats by obsequious margins—often in excess of 90 percent. And yet black Americans are hurt most by the Democrats’ immigration policy.
In short: mass immigration, legal and illegal, disproportionately hurts black Americans because they are the ones most likely to compete directly with immigrants for work.
https://tennesseestar.com/2018/10/25...mericans-most/

Quote:
A sample of EEOC cases, presented in rough chronological order below, paints a disturbing picture of how low-skill American workers — typically black, but sometimes white as well — are systematically passed over for manual labor jobs in favor of Hispanics, who are usually foreign-born in the regions where these cases predominate.
https://cis.org/Report/No-Americans-Need-Apply

Old 06-02-2021, 02:41 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
The opperative word is "have " a lawyer or accountant. Black lawyers make up only 5% of all lawyers and there are only about 5000 black accountants out of 650,000 nation wide. Most of them I suspect are going to be vying for positions in the corporate world rather than go into the black part of town and hang out their shingle.

To "have" a lawyer can cost $5000.00. Sure there is Legal Aid and the SBA but perhaps in the parlance that the president is accustomed to having a lawyer is something different.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:50 PM

43,111 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Joe reminds me of LBJ and what he thought of Blacks; that they were completely helpless and needed lots of welfare benefits and bonus points in life for being Black because they can't make it on their own.

If I were Black I'd be completely insulted by the current talk of Black helplessness.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:56 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Not only that, but black people are also the ones who are hurt most by mass immigration.

https://tennesseestar.com/2018/10/25...mericans-most/

https://cis.org/Report/No-Americans-Need-Apply
About 20 percent of Black people in the U.S. are either immigrants or children of immigrants. We are not hurt by our own immigration...lol.

Secondly, many conservative whites use African-Americans in their anti-immigration arguments when it’s really whites who are hurt most by immigration. Even looking at the examples provided, it appears that often the problem isn’t the immigration but rather the anti-black sentiment that exists in certain workplaces. That is not the fault of immigrants.

Old 06-02-2021, 02:58 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I was gonna accuse you of taking comments out of context until I read the transcript of the part that leads up to the video you posted.

But nope--here it is in context:

Today, we are announcing two expanded efforts targeted toward black wealth creation that will also help the entire community.

The first is my administration has launched an aggressive effort to combat racial discrimination in housing. That includes everything from redlining to the cruel fact that a home owned by a black family is too often a pro study--often appraised at a lower value than a similar home owned by a white family. I might add--and I need help to answer this, I can't figure this one out, congressman. If you live in a black community and on the others of the highway, a white community built by the same builder, and you have a better driving record than the guy with the same car in the white community, you pay more for your auto insurance. Shockingly, the percentage of black homeownership is lower today in America than when the Fair Housing Act was passed more than 50 years ago. That is wrong. We are committed to changing that. Just imagine, denying Americans the ability to build--to own their own home and build generational wealth, we made it possible to build equity into that home and provide for their families.

Second, small businesses are the engine of our economy and the glue of our communities. My administration oversees hundreds of billions of dollars in contracts, everything from aircraft carriers to installing railings in buildings, to professional services. We have a thing called--I won't go into it now because there is not enough time. I am determined to use every taxpayer dollar that is assigned to me to spend, going to American companies and American workers that build American products. As part of that, I will increase the share of the dollars federal government spends to small, disadvantaged businesses including black and brown small businesses. Right now, it calls for 10%. I will move that to 15%. I have the authority to do that. Just imagine, instead of denying millions of entrepreneurs the ability to access capital and contracting, we made it possible to take their dreams to the marketplace to create jobs and invest in our communities. The data shows, young black entrepreneurs are just as capable of succeeding given the chance as white entrepreneurs are. But they do not have lawyers, they do not have accountants. But they have great ideas. Does anyone doubt this whole nation would be better off from the investments those people make? That is why I set up the national Small Business Administration, which is much broader. Instead of consigning millions of American children to under-resourced schools, let's give each and every child three and four years he--three and four years old access to school. Not a day care, school. In the last 10 years, studies have been done by all the great universities. It shows increased by 56% for every child, no matter what ground they come from, if they start school at three years old, they have a 56% chance of going through all 12 years without any trouble, doing well. A chance to learn and grow and thrive at a school and throughout their lives. Let's unlock more creativity and innovation that will come from the nation's historically black colleges and universities. I have a $5 billion a year program. The resources to invest in research centers and laboratories in high demand fields to compete in good paying jobs and industries of the future like cybersecurity. The good paying jobs that start at $90,000 and $100,000. They do not have the money to build those laboratories. So, guess what? They are to get the money to build those laboratories. Instead of just talking about infrastructure, let's talk about actually rebuilding roads and highways. Filling the sidewalks and corrects, streetlights and high-speed internet. Let's ensure access to health care, clean water, clean air. Nearby grocery stores stocked with fresh vegetables and food. These are all things we can do. Is there any doubt that this whole nation will be better off with these investments? It is about good paying jobs. Financial stability. It is about economic growth for our country, out competing the rest of the world which is now out competing us.

He also rambles a little too much for my taste.

Sigh.

Yep, unlike many other politicians that occasionally blurt out a poorly worded sentence that is then twisted by the media to mean something other than what was intended, Biden is dick all on his own.

The data shows, young black entrepreneurs are just as capable of succeeding given the chance as white entrepreneurs are. But they do not have lawyers, they do not have accountants.

Never mind the fact that the statement is ridiculous.

If any entrepreneur is incapable of hiring a lawyer or accountant, they'll never create a business - not because they don't have a lawyer or accountant, but because they are too stupid to manage their own affairs.

This, in context, is essentially what Biden is saying about blacks.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:06 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Joe Biden is such a dipstick. Gaffe machine galore. He's that type of old school bigoted and prejudiced, but probably didn't realize just how much so. Just sorta assumes that blacks and others automatically don't make it up into differing social strata.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:50 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
This isn't as bad as when he said Hispanic and African Americans can't figure out how to use computers and the internet.

Old 06-02-2021, 04:02 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,992,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Who said that? "Racist" Donald Trump? The grand wizard of the KKK?

Nope. Joe Biden, our current president, just yesterday.

To the black folks on this board, doesn't this get old for you? Aren't you tired of the Democrat party pandering to you and acting like you're helpless? You can't get an ID. You don't know how to use a laptop to find your polling place. You can't find a vaccine location. Now you aren't able to get lawyers or accountants (never mind the many BLACK lawyers and accountants ).

This is a consistent pattern for people like Biden. When do you say enough is enough? When do you finally put your foot down on the "soft bigotry of low expectations?"

Or do you prefer when the Democrat party treats you like invalids, just because of your skin color?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaKzgYAV5IU

Black people are always getting lawyered up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies