Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 11:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Huh? You don't figure these guys "have Jewish friends"?
Attached Thumbnails
How much Anti-Semitism is born out of interaction with Jewish People?-charlottesville.jpg  

Old 06-02-2021, 11:58 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you think the stereotypical view of Jews is influenced by media, but you go on to give a stereotypical view of, and proclaim your distrust of a black person....

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that your negative view of BLM and of blacks in general is a product of "what you've been told to think" also? Is the notion that anyone who aligns liberal is an anti-Semite a product of your being socially molded by a biased media?

FWIW, I agree with the premise of your post, but it seems it might be lost on you that we are ALL susceptible to being influenced, and that the very views we have of other groups are inherently influenced by our chosen information sources.

And yes, that applies to everyone, including myself. If one is able to recognize it, they are immediately LESS susceptible, but not immune from it.
He didn’t express his distrust of just any ordinary black person. He expressed distrust of the BLM leader, which is to be expected given BLM’s anti-Israel stance.

And where exactly did he said he has negative views of black people in general? My G-d, isn’t a Jew allowed to express trepidation with a BLM leader without being accused of racism?

Old 06-02-2021, 12:00 PM

727 posts, read 304,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Huh? You don't figure these guys "have Jewish friends"?
Probably not, again read my post, it's both sides, extremism on both sides.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:04 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times
To answer OP’s question, I think antisemitism is more likely among those who have had little interaction with Jews. Because of the lack of exposure, they are more likely to believe in anti-Jew propaganda.

For example, it has been shown (via a Pew study) that those immigrating from Central American countries with few Jews harbor more antisemitic attitudes than do their children, a generation later. Clearly, the 2nd generation’s interactions with Jews show them that all the nasty stereotypes are (usually*) not true.

*I say “usually” because there ARE some nasty Jews, just as there are some nasty Christians, or blacks, or whoever.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
To answer OP’s question, I think antisemitism is more likely among those who have had little interaction with Jews. Because of the lack of exposure, they are more likely to believe in anti-Jew propaganda.

For example, it has been shown (via a Pew study) that those immigrating from Central American countries with few Jews harbor more antisemitic attitudes than do their children, a generation later. Clearly, the 2nd generation’s interactions with Jews show them that all the nasty stereotypes are (usually*) not true.

*I say “usually” because there ARE some nasty Jews, just as there are some nasty Christians, or blacks, or whoever.
As a Jew, I can say there are some very nasty Jews, especially Hassidic Jews in New York/New Jersey. Being nasty isn't a race thing. Either you are an a-hole or not.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:09 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Probably not, again read my post, it's both sides, extremism on both sides.
I was agreeing with your premise.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I was agreeing with your premise.
My apologies then. Hard to tell context sometimes.

18,738 posts, read 7,606,770 times
How much Anti-Semitism is born out of interaction with Jewish People?

Q: How much anti-Semitism is born out of interaction with Jew-hating liars?

A: Pretty much all of it.

6,738 posts, read 6,727,597 times
A lot of what we have now is due to Muslims and Arabs being taught in schools to hate Jews. Additionally, there's always been a "model minority" issue within some members of the black community that pits them against both Jews and Asians. The left is no less racist than the right and some liberal whites have picked up on the BLM and Arab anti-Jew rhetoric.

Most of this is not about Israel. These people would hate Jews regardless.

Old 06-02-2021, 12:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Curious to know, my guess is most people have never had a bad encounter with a Jewish person, instead the media tells them how to think and act, as does social media and high profile celebrities virtue signaling.

In regards to BLM's former leader visiting Israel, I wouldn't trust a word of a self admitted proud Marxist. Israel is a wonderful country. Of course she would say anything to smear Israel's image, just like she does with Police & Caucasians.

What are you defining as Anti-Semitism? The dislike of people because of the religion they practice or as we so often see in these forums, the accusation of Anti-Semitism of anyone who dares to disagree with the actions of a nation?

Personally, I don't care what religion anyone practices as long as they do no harm to others because of it and don't try to tell me their way is the only way and that I should follow it. What actions a nation takes is a totally different issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies