Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 11:18 AM

727 posts, read 304,465 times

Advertisements

Curious to know, my guess is most people have never had a bad encounter with a Jewish person, instead the media tells them how to think and act, as does social media and high profile celebrities virtue signaling.

In regards to BLM's former leader visiting Israel, I wouldn't trust a word of a self admitted proud Marxist. Israel is a wonderful country. Of course she would say anything to smear Israel's image, just like she does with Police & Caucasians.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:29 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
So you think the stereotypical view of Jews is influenced by media, but you go on to give a stereotypical view of, and proclaim your distrust of a black person....

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that your negative view of BLM and of blacks in general is a product of "what you've been told to think" also? Is the notion that anyone who aligns liberal is an anti-Semite a product of your being socially molded by a biased media?

FWIW, I agree with the premise of your post, but it seems it might be lost on you that we are ALL susceptible to being influenced, and that the very views we have of other groups are inherently influenced by our chosen information sources.

And yes, that applies to everyone, including myself. If one is able to recognize it, they are immediately LESS susceptible, but not immune from it.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
So you think the stereotypical view of Jews is influenced by media, but you go on to give a stereotypical view of, and proclaim your distrust of a black person....

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that your negative view of BLM and of blacks in general is a product of "what you've been told to think" also? Is the notion that anyone who aligns liberal is an anti-Semite a product of your being socially molded by a biased media?

FWIW, I agree with the premise of your post, but it seems it might be lost on you that we are ALL susceptible to being influenced, and that the very views we have of other groups are inherently influenced by our chosen information sources.

And yes, that applies to everyone, including myself. If one is able to recognize it, they are immediately LESS susceptible, but not immune from it.
Thank you for your response. It has nothing to do with her race. Working in Law Enforcement, I have had many run in's with Black Lives Matters protestors, advocates, etc. I don't NOT like her because of her color, I don't like her because of her rhetoric. The same goes for Mel Gibson.

Allowing yourself to be influenced in my opinion shows that one cannot think for themselves. I base my decisions on real world experiences, not what's cool to protest and cancel today.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:43 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I guess we could ask the same question only say how much racism is born out of interaction with black people?

Racism and Anti Semitism are both stupid concepts. One has to be truly ignorant to write off an entire segment of people because of a few bad examples. People are people and we all have a choice to act decently and extend a measure of respect to our fellow man.

Today the Democrats and their propaganda media have a lot to answer for in trying their best to pit us against each other but then again that is what identity politics does. It turns us all into victims of some sort to be protected, manipulated, exploited and eventually "saved" by some Government program.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:47 AM

I agree with you to some extent. Black is a race, Judaism is a religion. While hate and bias go hand in hand, I don't see any racist people bashing African countries. Israel is the homeland for Jews, most people equate the two. The really far right are both anti-everybody as is the far left. It goes both ways.

I have had bad experiences with everyone. I don't see people for their color. In my eyes if your a POS your a POS.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:49 AM

2,367 posts, read 908,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
my guess is most people have never had a bad encounter with a Jewish person.
I've had bad encounters with Jewish persons. But it's not because they are Jewish, it's because they are people, not saints or devils.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I've had bad encounters with Jewish persons. But it's not because they are Jewish, it's because they are people, not saints or devils.
If only everyone shared your way of thinking, thank you.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:51 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Curious to know, my guess is most people have never had a bad encounter with a Jewish person, instead the media tells them how to think and act, as does social media and high profile celebrities virtue signaling.

In regards to BLM's former leader visiting Israel, I wouldn't trust a word of a self admitted proud Marxist. Israel is a wonderful country. Of course she would say anything to smear Israel's image, just like she does with Police & Caucasians.
I don't think it's much. I've interacted with Jewish people.. The vast majority of my interactions/experiences with Jewish people have been positive.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Just a heads up, I am not saying if you criticize Israel's policies that you are in any way shape or form Anti-Semitic.

Old 06-02-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StizzyMcFlinnigannogginan View Post
I think it’s also manufacturing consent. Your fed propaganda about a certain people and you start to believe it. Happened in. Germany, happened in the Jim Crowe era with films such as “Birth of a Nation”.
Not to mention indoctrination at Colleges & Universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies