Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 05:38 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altered Experience View Post
You’re missing my point. The sun is not going anywhere and I regularly see homes in my neighborhood adding solar panels and getting away from our traditional energy source. It’s not going to happen overnight. Yes, Austin is adding many more charging stations to assist with meeting demand too. Oil is like being in an episode of the Flintstones.
It's going somewhere as it is moving at a super fast speed as all stars do. Plus within 4.23 billion years it will not be so nice for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 05:44 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I don't care what fuels the vehicle. Just don't be pissing it off.

We are supposed to be good stewards of the earth according to my holy book. One can't do that while being wasteful.

I'm not talking about everyday driving. i'm referring to those who think the fuel supply is infinite and the public streets are the Indi 500.
Talk to the private jet owners like Al Gore, John Kerry and all those so called movie stars that own private jets and talk about global warming.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:50 PM

Quote:
This isn’t rainwater, perhaps you should go back to the basics of education and legitimately graduate instead of being pushed through the system. That’s something the Republicans would try and convince it’s base to believe.
No debating skills at all and just personal attacks.. find out what debate means .

Old 06-03-2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
You’re missing my point. The sun is not going anywhere and I regularly see homes in my neighborhood adding solar panels and getting away from our traditional energy source. It’s not going to happen overnight. Yes, Austin is adding many more charging stations to assist with meeting demand too. Oil is like being in an episode of the Flintstones.
Are they going to have electric powered airplanes too? Nice jumbo jet running on batteries and lots of parachutes on board just in case it runs out of electric.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:02 PM

30,433 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Are they going to have electric powered airplanes too? Nice jumbo jet running on batteries and lots of parachutes on board just in case it runs out of electric.
They are coming out with a super sonic that does double the speed of a normal jet. I think we did this before and it was a big money loser for all them years.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:35 PM

119 posts, read 117,113 times
Good god. This thread is proof that baby boomers are the most dramatic and out-of-touch people on the planet.

You oldies still think that it matters who is president?? Hahaha. They are different actors in the same theater. Right vs Left is an illusion to pit all of the normal people against each other. The true separation is the have vs the have nots.

The world is run by billionaires, not politicians. Wake up.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:57 PM

11,477 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My thought exactly. Why use ours? We need to be saving it.
Our shale deposits are far larger than Saudi Arabia's crude oil deposits. Save oil for when? After nuclear fission dominates our energy sector? Until after solar energy production is perfected and our demand for oil plunges?

Old 06-04-2021, 01:46 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Too bad that takes so much water.

Old 06-04-2021, 03:18 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The America Hate is strong with this "Administration".

Old 06-04-2021, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papad622 View Post
Good god. This thread is proof that baby boomers are the most dramatic and out-of-touch people on the planet.

You oldies still think that it matters who is president?? Hahaha. They are different actors in the same theater. Right vs Left is an illusion to pit all of the normal people against each other. The true separation is the have vs the have nots.

The world is run by billionaires, not politicians. Wake up.
I see a difference in the gas pump. As soon as Biden got in office and cut off the pipeline, gas went up.

With that ,inflation goes with it because shipping costs of every product becomes more expensive and the consumer has to pay for the extra fuel costs . This includes necessities , food stuffs, and many products we need. Plus the cost to fill up. Almost a dollar a gallon more. For every gallon of gas , one more dollar comes out of one's wallet.

You don't remember the Carter years. What a total mess it was. Out of gas signs everywhere. Be in line for hours and then they would put up a sign, OUT OF GAS.. and you are out of luck.

Even and odd days for your license plate . One could not get gas everyday so the people who had a long commute were stuck.

Our nation was destroyed when the middle east stopped selling us gas. We were not energy independent at all and they held the keys to our economy to open it or shut it down.

When it ended the price of gas went up by 300%. We were over a barrel not being energy independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies