Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 04:45 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Most far left people I have met seem to have some sort of mental illness. They lack critical thinking and are emotional train wrecks.

Every LGBTQ person I've come across, no matter how nice they may be, have this problem. Many are mentally unstable and on government benefits. However, none of them are anti-zionists, so it's not coming from them. It seems to be coming from a very few vocal individuals, some of them with money and power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2021, 04:54 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,574,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Because you live in a bubble with cookie cutter copies of yourself to make sure that every bit of y'alls world views are validated.

Don't lecture me about what Jews and Israelis think. You don't have the intellectual property rights to the brand to claim Jews as your own. Jews are some of the most butt-headed individualists on the planet. Just because there are a few specimens of weak character who've lost their way in the morass of effete urban progressivism doesn't mean you understand or can count on the lockstep unity of the tribe. We don't like lockstep. You feel me?
I really don’t feel you at all. I was just explaining my own experience. In my experience, it’s quite unusual to run into such radical views in American Jewry outside the orthodox communities in the NYC metro. Even the more orthodox Jews don’t have your bluster and take Rachel’s tact. If you take that as me trying to lay claim to Jews, you’re flustered enough to be reading things that aren’t there. Considering you’re trying to play the “no true Scotsman” fallacy with the whole of Jewry, I see no reason to assume you’re able to make a good faith argument.

This situation is about Israel vs. Palestine, and using it as a proxy for Jewry vs. the Arab world is a shallow, tribalistic, and plays into radicals’ desire for holy war.

Quote:
I've read your old posts. I'm aware of your self-described background and that you feel you were scarred by Christians when you lived in Tx. Get over it. Be a victor not a victim and stop projecting your damage onto others who aren't damaging you.
LOL What? I’m not scarred by my Evangelical background, but I know the apologetics and thought process deeply. Multiple teachers and church elders had conferences with my parents while I was growing up because they wanted to make sure my parents knew how to raise someone with prophetic insight to be a church leader. Unfortunately for them, people who tend to be more analytical and sensory grow out of philosophy and scriptural dogma in their adolescence.

Evangelicals actually want to start a holy war, and their refusal to take stewardship of anything they do because they believe in predestination leads to widespread harm, in particular concerning environmental issues. Being mean to these types is cathartic and can’t possibly make them any worse of human beings, so I do it while waiting on my trainee engineers to finish assignments.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Most far left people I have met seem to have some sort of mental illness. They lack critical thinking and are emotional train wrecks.
This same observation has been coming up and nagging at me for years. When it does I argue against myself and try to dismiss it as a red herring like I've gone down the wrong logical path and ended up with 2+2=potato or something like that. I mean how could subscription to such a widely held ideology be a marker for mental illness? You've got to question something like that, right?

Despite the self-reflection, I keep coming back to this same conclusion. Over and over. They seem to be deficient in critical thinking skills and highly emotional. As in unable to temper their emotions with reason. ... and I think this is the lever that makes them controllable.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:12 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,308,615 times
Quote:
What's the problem, he served in the IDF, killed terrorists, speaking about killing someone who tried to kill you in a matter of fact manner. It's about context.
Huffington Post has no concern about those things.

Old 06-03-2021, 05:19 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
He also stated that, "creation of a Palestinian state would be suicide for Israel"

We can clearly see that the Zionists have no peace plan and neither any intention to stop the brutal war crimes against Palestinian civilians.
Given the choice between Zionist and radical Islam, I choose Zionist every single time. Not a single Zionist supported terrorist attack in the US or against US interests. Radical Islam, yeah....

Old 06-03-2021, 05:43 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
I really don’t feel you at all. I was just explaining my own experience. In my experience, it’s quite unusual to run into such radical views in American Jewry outside the orthodox communities in the NYC metro. Even the more orthodox Jews don’t have your bluster and take Rachel’s tact. If you take that as me trying to lay claim to Jews, you’re flustered enough to be reading things that aren’t there. Considering you’re trying to play the “no true Scotsman” fallacy with the whole of Jewry, I see no reason to assume you’re able to make a good faith argument.

This situation is about Israel vs. Palestine, and using it as a proxy for Jewry vs. the Arab world is a shallow, tribalistic, and plays into radicals’ desire for holy war.

LOL What? I’m not scarred by my Evangelical background, but I know the apologetics and thought process deeply. Multiple teachers and church elders had conferences with my parents while I was growing up because they wanted to make sure my parents knew how to raise someone with prophetic insight to be a church leader. Unfortunately for them, people who tend to be more analytical and sensory grow out of philosophy and scriptural dogma in their adolescence.

Evangelicals actually want to start a holy war, and their refusal to take stewardship of anything they do because they believe in predestination leads to widespread harm, in particular concerning environmental issues. Being mean to these types is cathartic and can’t possibly make them any worse of human beings, so I do it while waiting on my trainee engineers to finish assignments.
What a steaming pile of bovine excrement

Old 06-03-2021, 05:57 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Given the choice between Zionist and radical Islam, I choose Zionist every single time. Not a single Zionist supported terrorist attack in the US or against US interests. Radical Islam, yeah....
Idiotic post as it gets.
How do Palestinian civilians represent any radical Islam?

But talking supporting Zionists, you should stand behind your worlds and support this notion then?

Old 06-03-2021, 06:03 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Why not relocate the Palestinians since they are a created people who historically had no home land. The Arab/Muslim world is rich in resources and LAND... maybe you've noticed?

Old 06-03-2021, 06:05 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Westerner - I actually had a pretty moderate paragraph written in response to the things you said about Israel/Palestine and what you consider to be my radical views as a Jew. I was willing to own a certain degree of negativity in my earlier post to you ... but then I read this last paragraph and my jaw dropped and I deleted it all.

Son, you ain't right. That's all I have left to say to you.

Old 06-03-2021, 06:10 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Why not relocate the Palestinians since they are a created people who historically had no home land. The Arab/Muslim world is rich in resources and LAND... maybe you've noticed?
May be we can stop supporting Israel with billions of dollars every year and supply of deadly arms/weapons that are worth 100 and millions to save our tax dollars, and relocate them all here as shown in the map? win win situation, no?

Don't just look at the map, read the bullet points below it. It's very simple plain English with lots of logical sense in the context, IMO.
Give it another try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies