Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2021, 05:32 PM

4,512 posts, read 5,055,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
They're elected by the community.

Yes, they are, that's why schools are out on election day and 100% of the teachers vote for the school board. In fact, a lot of the board members around here are retired teachers. Board elections are held in off season elections and voter turn out is very low. So by just the teachers voting, they elect the board. Our school board a few years back was so brilliant that when they hired a new superintendent in June after the school year was out, for a specific salary, the board decided that just before school started in the Fall to give her a $20,000 raise, this before she even set foot in the district.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 05:54 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Again Pete I am not questioning her argument but just because she is a tax payer that doesn't give her the right to go off on unpaid volunteers. I wish one of them was ready to step down from the SB and stood up and told her where she could go and how to get there. She appears totally unwilling to constructivly discuss the problem with people that can affect change and if she really wanted to affect change she would do it the right way...
B.S.

It is completely pointless to try to engage in a rational, responsible discussion or debate with ANY SJWs, because they think they already know all the truth that needs to be known, and anyone who disagrees is a racist/sexist/bigot/etc.

These people literally cannot be reasoned with, rather they must be eradicated.

Everyone needs to understand this about these sorts of people. Speak the truth to them and call them out on their absurdly manipulative and deceitful tactics.

The woman in the video was brilliant. You cannot put social courtesies above standing your ground and outing them for the outrageous, despicable, aggressively deceitful, anti-social a-holes that they are. Save your formal debate skills for another day, they will not respect them or you in a way that allows those to be effective.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 06-04-2021 at 06:10 PM..

Old 06-04-2021, 05:56 PM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Treason against our children? LOL

And she said she is Christian while her children are Muslim. If she's fine with eternal damnation for her kids, she really has no reason to complain about a school curriculum.
I don't say this very often, but that is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever encountered on City-Data -- and that is saying a LOT!

Old 06-04-2021, 05:58 PM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Is this mother utilizing a public school paid for by taxes? Instead of accepting that handout, she should pay her own way for her kid. I always think it's very humorous that conservatives, who pride themselves on forging their own paths, whine and cry when the taxpayer-funded schools don't teach children backwards nonsense. .
Oh, PUH-LEEZE.

MOST people pay taxes for more than 40 years. The least the government can do is provide education for their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
When did you go to school? Schools teach a lot more than math, reading, and writing. Like history. Which includes the history of *gasp* people who are not white. I know, I know! Shocking and appalling! .
Not wanting your kids to hate their ancestry is NOT racist -- and that applies to ALL races.

THAT is why so many people say that when all else fails in an argument, leftists yell "RACIST". That is getting VERY old -- and especially when such attacks are not justified.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:21 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
B.S.

It is completely pointless to try to engage in a rational, responsible discussion or debate with ANY SJWs, because they think they already know all the truth that needs to be known, and anyone who disagrees is a racist/sexist/bigot/etc.

These people literally cannot be reasoned with, rather they must be eradicated.

Everyone needs to understand this about these sorts of people. Speak the truth to them and call them out on their absurdly manipulative and deceitful tactics.

The woman in the video was brilliant. You cannot put social courtesies above standing your ground and outing them for the outrageous, despicable aggressively deceitful, anti-social a-holes that they are. Save your formal debate skills for another day, they will not respect them or you in a way that allows those to be effective.
Let me give you one hint that her tirade did nothing, no one applauded, no joined in, now one said yeah. If she had a supported argument there would have been support from the other attendees and their wasn't.

Have you ever been to a school board meeting? People like that put the word out, bring friends and allies, I have seen people stand up as a group to support a speakers position when their done, what did we see, nothing crickets......

Some other hints SB Members do not develop the curriculum they only approve changes after public sessions to hear both sides. This district is 5 schools and 5000 students it's not LA or Houston. And the county is predominetly Republican, go figure....

Old 06-04-2021, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Let me give you one hint that her tirade did nothing, no one applauded, no joined in, now one said yeah. If she had a supported argument there would have been support from the other attendees and their wasn't.

Have you ever been to a school board meeting? People like that put the word out, bring friends and allies, I have seen people stand up as a group to support a speakers position when their done, what did we see, nothing crickets......

Some other hints SB Members do not develop the curriculum they only approve changes after public sessions to hear both sides. This district is 5 schools and 5000 students it's not LA or Houston. And the county is predominetly Republican, go figure....
Are you trying to suggest that you believe this vile CRT agenda that is being imposed in this district has the actual support of a "Predominetly Republican" constituency?

Old 06-04-2021, 06:32 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Are you trying to suggest that you believe this vile CRT agenda that is being imposed in this district has the actual support of a "Predominetly Republican" constituency?
One we have no idea what the actual curriculm is, her comments are her views and they go round and round. I am trying to say that for all name calling that has been posted so far on this topic by you and others the odds are in favor that like the community the SB Members are also predominetly Republican...

Old 06-04-2021, 06:37 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
If responsible citizens would stand up to these nasty, anti-American racists that are infesting school boards and the schools across the country - with a view towards stopping their vile crap now, and then ejecting them out of their positions at the ballot box at the next election - the way that this woman does, we would be done with these despicable people in short order.

Check out the video below. Wow. She puts on a tutorial on how to handle these revolting scumbags.

‘You work for ME’: Mother from Carmel NY absolutely TEARS the school board a new one over Critical Race Theory

The problem has been too much apathy and too much cowardice from people who can and should be taking a stand against these disgusting people. You cannot just go hide and expect someone else will do it for you.

If people would line up in long lines to wear these people out at meeting like this, while having it filmed and then posting it, that will go a long way to helping encourage others to do the same. And then some of these same people need to run for these elected positions in order to keep this riff-raff out of there from now on.
She hit the nail on the head, if a teacher named Barry or Syrus, is posting nasty racist things on social media, like the death of Trump, and saying students or parents who do not embrace BLM should be canceled, and putting his name to curriculum promoting the Marxist Black nationalist Black Panthers Party, then why can't she name them? They were not shy to name themselves when they posted these thing for the public to see.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Yes, they are, that's why schools are out on election day and 100% of the teachers vote for the school board. In fact, a lot of the board members around here are retired teachers. Board elections are held in off season elections and voter turn out is very low. So by just the teachers voting, they elect the board. Our school board a few years back was so brilliant that when they hired a new superintendent in June after the school year was out, for a specific salary, the board decided that just before school started in the Fall to give her a $20,000 raise, this before she even set foot in the district.
it's better to have the school board a separate election, is my experience, because then only people who know and care vote. If you tie it to the general election and put it far down ballot, people who came to vote for president and a few other choice positions just pick a school board member name. He who has the "best" name wins. It's hopeless to make changes that reflect the will of the school community if you don't elect the school board in a separate election.

This is the PERFECT scenario to have caring parents overturn the board. If she's right - the parents overwhelmingly believe what she believes - this is a no-brainer to elect a slate of board members they want.

Think about the school. There are MANY more students than teachers, and for every student there are 2 parents. Teachers are hopelessly outnumbered, if the parents care to take a half hour out of their life and go vote.

OR, they don't care or don't agree with Tatiana as she believes they do.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
She hit the nail on the head, if a teacher named Barry or Syrus, is posting nasty racist things on social media, like the death of Trump, and saying students or parents who do not embrace BLM should be canceled, and putting his name to curriculum promoting the Marxist Black nationalist Black Panthers Party, then why can't she name them? They were not shy to name themselves when they posted these thing for the public to see.
Exactly right.

Also, nobody who is interacting with these SJW types should defer to any rules, limits or demands that they try to impose or insist on. Ignore any such demands and focus on the truth you have to tell and their vile and deceitful behavior. Call them out and if they interrupt you, interrupt them back and say it all again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies