Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 12:41 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
Is this mother utilizing a public school paid for by taxes? Instead of accepting that handout, she should pay her own way for her kid. I always think it's very humorous that conservatives, who pride themselves on forging their own paths, whine and cry when the taxpayer-funded schools don't teach children backwards nonsense. Good grief, educate them yourself then! That's like food stamp recipients crying that they can't buy cigarettes with their government stipends. You get what you get and you don't get upset or you get it yourself.
This women's family likely pays outrageous taxes to fund this leftist insanity. The person on food stamps is taking from the taxpayers because they have no money to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 12:45 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Is this mother utilizing a public school paid for by taxes? Instead of accepting that handout, she should pay her own way for her kid. I always think it's very humorous that conservatives, who pride themselves on forging their own paths, whine and cry when the taxpayer-funded schools don't teach children backwards nonsense. Good grief, educate them yourself then! That's like food stamp recipients crying that they can't buy cigarettes with their government stipends. You get what you get and you don't get upset or you get it yourself.
Her taxes pay that school. It's not a handout.

424 posts, read 175,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
This women's family likely pays outrageous taxes to fund this leftist insanity. The person on food stamps is taking from the taxpayers because they have no money to pay.
Everyone in that community has to pay outrageous taxes, regardless of whether they send their kids to public school. I also paid school taxes and did not use the public schools. Most people on food stamps work, so they're also paying taxes. It's largely the same thing. It's just that almost everyone takes advantage of the government handout of free K-12 education so they don't see that it's a service paid for by everyone for the benefit of individuals (which leads to a benefit to society). Just like food stamps and Medicaid.

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Quote:

She is paying Taxes - School taxes. No Teacher should be teaching hate!!

My parents pay school taxes. OMG. I can't with this poster.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:46 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
It's time that reasonable people STOP allowing their children to be indoctrinated in government "schools." Start nonprofit co-ops, private schools, community schools, etc. Do it the way it was done before the government took over.

I'm sure there are plenty of qualified teachers who would jump at the chance to get out of the indoctrination system and teacher's unions. Personally, I would love to find a rural/small community school that was not connected to the government system in which to teach--assuming a reasonable wage, of course. (and reasonable for me is nowhere near what government hacks demand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Treason against our children? LOL

And she said she is Christian while her children are Muslim. If she's fine with eternal damnation for her kids, she really has no reason to complain about a school curriculum.

Post-Christ Christianity teaches free agency to choose between right and wrong. Any infringement upon that choice is a perversion of Christianity.

Note: I did not say it accepts evil. I said it allows you the right to choose evil or not.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post

She is paying Taxes - School taxes. No Teacher should be teaching hate!!

My parents pay school taxes. OMG. I can't with this poster.
I also pay school taxes, as I'm an adult who owns a home. My children do not and did not go to public school.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:49 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Treason against our children? LOL

And she said she is Christian while her children are Muslim. If she's fine with eternal damnation for her kids, she really has no reason to complain about a school curriculum.
Can always count on the Christian Right to take the moral high ground and codemn anyone who practices differently from themselves....

Old 06-04-2021, 12:52 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,167,649 times
Quote:
I also pay school taxes, as I'm an adult who owns a home. My children do not and did not go to public school.
So what??? Many kids do go to public school. Do you know of this town, because I certainly do. I know of the school. I went to it.

No school should be teaching anything but Math, Reading, Writing.

Who the hell are they to be bring this chit up.

I applaud this mom-to the fullest.

Woke Needs to go to sleep. It's a bunch of BS.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Everyone in that community has to pay outrageous taxes, regardless of whether they send their kids to public school. I also paid school taxes and did not use the public schools. Most people on food stamps work, so they're also paying taxes. It's largely the same thing. It's just that almost everyone takes advantage of the government handout of free K-12 education so they don't see that it's a service paid for by everyone for the benefit of individuals (which leads to a benefit to society). Just like food stamps and Medicaid.
So how do you feel about the Trojan horse that is CRT being taught to children? CRT rejects universalism and colorblindness. How is that goin got benefit everyone who is paying taxes to be indoctrinated with neo-Marxist theology.

Why don’t you ask yourself this, and it needs no answer, really. Who did the Crits drop class conflict in their nice well thought out shined up arguments but then argue their theory is based on materialism (Marxism) when pressed that it has religious undertones? If the courts considered it a religion would it be able to be taught in school?

Old 06-04-2021, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
So what??? Many kids do go to public school. Do you know of this town, because I certainly do. I know of the school. I went to it.

No school should be teaching anything but Math, Reading, Writing.

Who the hell are they to be bring this chit up.

I applaud this mom-to the fullest.

Woke Needs to go to sleep. It's a bunch of BS.
When did you go to school? Schools teach a lot more than math, reading, and writing. Like history. Which includes the history of *gasp* people who are not white. I know, I know! Shocking and appalling!

But again, if you don't like it, then don't send your kids there. Pay your taxes like everyone else once you have a house, then do whatever you want. Nobody is forcing you to use that school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies