Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 03:24 PM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

Is there ANY limit to how much Democrats cheat? J/K. There isn't.

Has Someone Taken Over Fetterman's Office Because He Can't Do What Was Just Announced

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...pdate-n2620142

So, do we believe Fetterman has co-signed bipartisan legislation to improve freight safety standards? No. Unless his office wants to clarify, but they don’t. Who is running the office and signing off on lawmaking efforts? Because it’s not John right now. We have an unelected imposter serving the Keystone State, and that’s a scandal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2023, 03:28 PM

9,881 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Yup, I thought the voters voted for a specific individual and not staffers, interns and/or party officials. But this is exactly what the party wanted-the seat and office under their control.

It is very disingenuous to release a statement like that along with misleading. Even worse is alot of the msm will gobble that up and rationalize for 'him'.

Old 03-02-2023, 03:29 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
The fact he's listed as a co-sponsor isn't really that big a deal, all that takes is a, "Yeah sure, OK". Now, if he votes on it when that comes up there may be questions.

Old 03-02-2023, 03:34 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The fact he's listed as a co-sponsor isn't really that big a deal, all that takes is a, "Yeah sure, OK". Now, if he votes on it when that comes up there may be questions.
Exactly. The only a Senator needs to be physically present for is voting.

Old 03-02-2023, 03:37 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
he's being treated for depression. I have no idea what that involves.

When my mom was in the looney bin having shock treatments I visited her everyday. So did others, including friends. I'm thinking he's being updated by staff.

IMO, congressional and senate staff tells the elected what to think and do. The one elected may or may not know it.

When DH was the step and fetch it for the chairman, his group controlled what happened in the way they presented issues. A one pager got it done. If they wanted a no they wrote it up in a complicated manner for 5-6 pages.

Old 03-02-2023, 03:40 PM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Yup, I thought the voters voted for a specific individual and not staffers, interns and/or party officials. But this is exactly what the party wanted-the seat and office under their control.

It is very disingenuous to release a statement like that along with misleading. Even worse is alot of the msm will gobble that up and rationalize for 'him'.
Staffers run that place. When their boss quits or is defeated they just go to work another one. That's the trouble.

Old 03-02-2023, 04:18 PM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
The people who voted for him are getting exaclty what they deserved...lie in it.

Old 03-02-2023, 04:30 PM

672 posts, read 503,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Staffers run that place. When their boss quits or is defeated they just go to work another one. That's the trouble.
I don't think people really begin to realize just how much work these staffers, aides, and assistances for Senators and Representatives do. Do people really think Senators and Representatives "write bills"? They get an idea and then have a staff member write a rough draft of a bill for them.

They don't read most bills either especially when they are over a couple of hundred pages long. People on their staff usually do and then they will make notes of things that they think would be of interest to their boss. good and bad. Been like this since at least the turn of the 19th century. Members of Congress do very little work that way and have staff do more of the heavy lifting.

Old 03-02-2023, 04:33 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times
The guy isn't dead. I'm sure he is in contact with staff and can indicate his wishes on various issues..

Old 03-02-2023, 04:43 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post

The voters put a sick man into office. Now they have to deal with the consequences of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies