Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 06:11 PM

727 posts, read 302,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
This white, liberal woman was diagnosed with PTSD acquired while in service to our country. (Combat vet.)

So maybe you should stop making generalizations.
It wasn't I who wrote the article. I too am a combat vet and I know what you are going through.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:13 PM

2,316 posts, read 2,549,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
It does explain a lot.

.....Though my guess is that liberals, in general, tend to be well-educated and therefore are more likely to have the knowledge and resources to see a medical provider about their anxiety and depression.

I will say that the posts I see on here about Trump being ready to swoop in and take back the presidency any second, about wanting to go to war against the government with their stockpile of AK-47s, about thinking there are microchips in vaccines... those strike me as utterly insane and I highly doubt these folks are off seeking mental health care. I also don't tend to think they're liberal.
Couldn't have said it any better. I am proud to be a liberal woman and have grown more so with age...certainly not a "cat lady" or anything like some described above...the mental instabilities I have observed over the past five years rivals anything I have ever seen in terms of "mental health issues". LOL

Old 06-04-2021, 06:16 PM

2,316 posts, read 2,549,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumerian_Summer View Post
This isn't surprising at all.
Those white liberal women are the same type of women who become barren pigeon feeders or cat hoarders by the time they get into their 50's. No man wants to be around deranged, crazy women.
And very few "white liberal women" want to be around a man who has yet to learn anything at all about about people...

Old 06-04-2021, 06:21 PM

552 posts, read 221,749 times
Most ( not all, but most ) mental illness is rooted in trauma.

The trauma when it occurs at a certain age can make a mentally ill person psychologically stuck
at the age it begins. That means that psychologically it can be difficult to "Adult", to make
responsible adult choices that result in some sort of psychological advancement and milestone.

My son used to work for a wonderful ( but now defunct) non profit in Austin Texas. He taught
mentally ill and formally homeless clients of the non profit how to use and understand Google
tablets in order to find public transportation by themselves. One client may have been blind,
so no mental illness there but another client may have been homeless for decades previous.

The fact that someone survives and discovers a life path out of a life formally spent living under
freeway overpasses is a huge milestone event. My very "Extreme, leftist dirty raging liberal" as
my son likes to refer to himself was in awe of their achievements. They taught him as much
about the human psyche as what he taught them.

Sometimes mental illness is in the eye of the beholder only.

Personally I think the mods should delete this harmful and most cruelly worded OP. It is right up
there with telling someone they have Cooties, in order to banish and shame them on the playground.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
Most ( not all, but most ) mental illness is rooted in trauma.

The trauma when it occurs at a certain age can make a mentally ill person psychologically stuck
at the age it begins. That means that psychologically it can be difficult to "Adult", to make
responsible adult choices that result in some sort of psychological advancement and milestone.

My son used to work for a wonderful ( but now defunct) non profit in Austin Texas. He taught
mentally ill and formally homeless clients of the non profit how to use and understand Google
tablets in order to find public transportation by themselves. One client may have been blind,
so no mental illness there but another client may have been homeless for decades previous.

The fact that someone survives and discovers a life path out of a life formally spent living under
freeway overpasses is a huge milestone event. My very "Extreme, leftist dirty raging liberal" as
my son likes to refer to himself was in awe of their achievements. They taught him as much as
he taught them.

Sometimes mental illness is in the eye of the beholder only.

Personally I think the mods should delete this harmful and most cruelly worded OP. It is right up
there with telling someone they have Cooties, in order to banish and shame them on the playground.
Cruely worded, yet every day I have to hear about critical race theory and other leftist garbage. If it triggers you, then don't read it, it's that simple.

You are a shining example of the left, if you see something you don't agree with, let's cancel it right?

Old 06-04-2021, 06:24 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,583,304 times
y’all are weird.. seriously

Old 06-04-2021, 06:38 PM

552 posts, read 221,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Cruely worded, yet every day I have to hear about critical race theory and other leftist garbage. If it triggers you, then don't read it, it's that simple.

You are a shining example of the left, if you see something you don't agree with, let's cancel it right?
That is an insane post you make there. You don't know me from a hole in the ground.

Better take care of that anger problem of yours. Guess what? It has zero to do with me.

Look in the mirror. That is who you have to address with your reactions. Not me, a
complete stranger who you know absolutely nothing about to comment on or hurl insults at.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:57 PM

3,720 posts, read 1,419,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/ov...alth-condition

A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?

t’s a common tactic of the politically charged on either side (and normally perceived as a cheap one at that) to take the particular adherents of an ideology and equate that diehard worship to mental illness.

But what if what was once a cheap shot or a personal insult has actually been found to bear scientific correlation between the individuals who hold progressive ideologies and an increased risk of mental illness?
I wonder how high is mental illness amongst woke black women?

Old 06-04-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
I wonder how high is mental illness amongst woke black women?
We can't talk about that, but now that you mention it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG0pLAufh9I

Old 06-04-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
That is an insane post you make there. You don't know me from a hole in the ground.

Better take care of that anger problem of yours. Guess what? It has zero to do with me.

Look in the mirror. That is who you have to address with your reactions. Not me, a
complete stranger who you know absolutely nothing about to comment on or hurl insults at.
Sorry you feel that way, I don't let strangers on the internet rustle my jimmies. No one is hurling insults at you. Yes you are a complete stranger, you are nothing but shadows and fonts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies