Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 03:35 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,770,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I am all for removing the settlements and giving all of The West Bank to the Palestinians, and let them form their own country. I have always been for that. But every time they have been offered that and more, they have turned it down.

They want a 1 state solution, that does not include Israel. They can’t give the Palestinians what they really want, and they are not willing to compromise. So I’m not sure what you expect the Israelis to do.
And BOOM! This is more gaslighting. The Israeli who did the most to promote a peaceful 2 state solution was Assassinated by an Israeli who believed he had a god given right to the occupied territories. The assassin yigal Amir believed
that an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank would deny Jews their "biblical heritage which they had reclaimed by establishing settlements"

When you have a segment of Israeli society who believe they are justified in murdering Jewish Israelis and committing atrocities against Palestinians because god have them the land it makes the argument it is all the Palestinians fault specious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 03:39 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,770,702 times
Quote:
Actually Hitler made a deal with the Grand Mufti not to allow Jews refuge in Palestine. So they are not blameless in all of this.
Do you realize you are engaging in ethnic hatred ?You are ignoring the 1.8 million Arabs who live peacefully in Israel RIGHT NOW.TODAY.
And using the actions of people 80 years ago to justify oppress teenagers and children as the median Palestinians age is 20.8 years

Old 06-06-2021, 03:43 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,152,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
And BOOM! This is more gaslighting. The Israeli who did the most to promote a peaceful 2 state solution was Assassinated by an Israeli who believed he had a god given right to the occupied territories. The assassin yigal Amir believed
that an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank would deny Jews their "biblical heritage which they had reclaimed by establishing settlements"

When you have a segment of Israeli society who believe they are justified in murdering Jewish Israelis and committing atrocities against Palestinians because god have them the land it makes the argument it is all the Palestinians fault specious.
And yet, with all that, it was still offered to them and they responded with an intifada.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:37 PM

5,039 posts, read 6,321,363 times
Quote:
I am all for removing the settlements and giving all of The West Bank to the Palestinians, and let them form their own country. I have always been for that. But every time they have been offered that and more, they have turned it down.
When exactly was that offered by Israel? Serious question. I was always under the impression offers have only been *parts* of the West Bank.

Old 06-06-2021, 04:38 PM

19,103 posts, read 16,913,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post

Anytime you mix religion and politics you have a toxic mix....

Old 06-06-2021, 05:54 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,474,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
When exactly was that offered by Israel? Serious question. I was always under the impression offers have only been *parts* of the West Bank.
Among the many proposals Israel offered was one returning 97% of the West Bank to the Palestinians with East Jerusalem as its capital, with Israel maintainig three settlements. Not good enough for Arafat. A similar offer was made to Abbas. Refused. Leadership in Israel has occasionally taken risks to promote an agreeement, such as forcibly removing settlers from Gaza and the West Bank.

I understand the River to the Sea contingent, which includes Palestinian leadership, won't accept a Jewish nation of any size in that land. There might be a 1% chance of the an agreement if Israel agreed to return to the pre-1967 war armistice borders, [something Israel will never do] but I doubt even that would be enough for Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, PA, Hezbollah, Iran.

Old 06-06-2021, 06:00 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,562,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Among the many proposals Israel offered was one returning 97% of the West Bank to the Palestinians with East Jerusalem as its capital, with Israel maintainig three settlements. Not good enough for Arafat. A similar offer was made to Abbas. Refused. Leadership in Israel has occasionally taken risks to promote an agreeement, such as forcibly removing settlers from Gaza and the West Bank.

I understand the River to the Sea contingent, which includes Palestinian leadership, won't accept a Jewish nation of any size in that land. There might be a 1% chance of the an agreement if Israel agreed to return to the pre-1967 war armistice borders, [something Israel will never do] but I doubt even that would be enough for Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, PA, Hezbollah, Iran.
Israel has no legitimate reason not to go to pre-1967 borders except invented reasons. The settlers have no right to be there, the Palestinians do. They've never left, always were there, and descendants from those from 2100 years ago. Most were Jewish then, and converted to Isalm.

Old 06-06-2021, 06:10 PM

18,423 posts, read 15,152,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

And they offered a land swap for the small piece they were keeping, which was a piece of land on the border, only inhabited by Jews, so it made sense for both sides to swap it.

They can accuse us of "gaslighting" all they want, but history is on our side. Israel wants nothing more than for this to be over and finally live in peace. They have proven it time and time again.

Look at the huge piece of land (the Sinai Peninsula) that they returned to Egypt in exchange for peace. It is 3 times the size of Israel, and it is full of oil. Israel won that land in a war that was waged on them. They managed to hold onto it for 15 years, with no indication that Egypt was in any shape to take it back from them. They gave it to Egypt in exchange for peace.

Hell, they gave away The West Bank once already in exchange for peace with Jordan. Why wouldn't they do it again? I wish Jordan kept it in the first place.

Old 06-06-2021, 06:55 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,474,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Israel has no legitimate reason not to go to pre-1967 borders except invented reasons. The settlers have no right to be there, the Palestinians do. They've never left, always were there, and descendants from those from 2100 years ago. Most were Jewish then, and converted to Isalm.
Fine, let's see someone with authority to speak for the Palestinians [who would that be ???] offer a peace deal recognizing Israel's right to exist in the pre-1967 armistice lines. That should be easy to offer if it's what they'll accept.

You don't see any legitimacy to a Jewish nation of any size in that land.

Old 06-06-2021, 07:21 PM

19,394 posts, read 6,455,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Going back to the pre-67 borders leaves Israel with a very narrow section that the Hamas terrorists, eager to destroy Israel, can easily overrun.

The Arabs shouldn’t have attacked Israel in 67. And it really was amazing triumph of Israel’s - a tiny little country attacked by three large Arab countries, and Israel defeated them in six days.

Last edited by Rachel976; 06-06-2021 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies