Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 10:25 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
It amazes me how many people are totally brainwashed by the Democrat's push for control and power over the people.
Yes, it's amazing that we have so many people who just unquestioningly swallow whatever the government says, and the news media are leading the way.

Fauci can say don't wear masks because they don't work, then claim masks work, then two masks work better, then two masks aren't better, while emailing people that masks don't work. During all of this, the sheeple in media, and the average mindlessly obedient sheeple voter just nod their heads. "Oh, so the opposite of what you said last week is now true? Oki-doki." Meanwhile these mindlessly obedient sheeple are arresting people for not wearing a mask even outdoors, banning them speaking from the in the public square of social media, for questioning the origin of the virus, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 10:32 AM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Good. 71% of loonies off the streets.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:34 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,761 times
They are mentally ill.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_757 View Post
I never worried about masks, Wapasha. I just isolated because I knew it was the only truly effective way to avoid the infection. It was a long year, that’s for sure, and I’m happy to be on the other side of it. Whether or not someone wears a mask now is of no consequence to me. If a person feels better wearing one, then they should feel free to do so. I’m certainly not going to harass them about it. I’m curious, though. Are you in a good place right now? Are you able to do the things you need to do? Is this just general grousing, which is perfectly fine btw, or are you not doing well?
You are correct. If you wanted to reduce your chances of being infected, limit your exposure to strangers in public. If you are around other people, do it outdoors, or in very well ventilated spaces, and limit your time in these locations.

Masks were a placebo. The scare from COVID was so high, that many people would have freaked out, and never left their home, if the truth about masks was known. The only reason many people went int public at all, was because they were told to wear a mask and it will shield them from breathing in the virus.

Healthy people under thirty should have been told to go about their lives as they would in a bad flu season. While unhealthy people and the elderly needed to limit their contact with people in public spaces. Locking down everyone was stupid and not based upon any science.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are correct. If you wanted to reduce your chances of being infected, limit your exposure to strangers in public. If you are around other people, do it outdoors, or in very well ventilated spaces, and limit your time in these locations.

Masks were a placebo. The scare from COVID was so high, that many people would have freaked out, and never left their home, if the truth about masks was known. The only reason many people went int public at all, was because they were told to wear a mask and it will shield them from breathing in the virus.

Healthy people under thirty should have been told to go about their lives as they would in a bad flu season. While unhealthy people and the elderly needed to limit their contact with people in public spaces. Locking down everyone was stupid and not based upon any science.
The mask wasn't about you not breathing in the virus --- it was about mitigating the spread of the virus from you to someone else.

The mask was to protect others not you...because so many people were asymptomatic -- they didn't know if they had the virus and one way to slow -- not STOP the spread is for folks to wear a mask.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:58 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Democrats prove over and over they are anti-science.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka_757 View Post
Are you doing okay now? Was this last year difficult for you?
I did not change my lifestyle, if that's what you mean. I did follow the desires of business owners and my employer and wear a mask in public, but otherwise it was a normal year.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Democrats prove over and over they are anti-science.
Whatever government tells then is science, is the only acceptable version of science to them. They are incurious, and it it never bothers them when the government contradicts itself and its version of science flips and flops, morphs and makes no sense at all.

So it's not that they are anti-science, as much as they are simply mindlessly obedient and malleable to the whims and propaganda of government.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:46 PM

424 posts, read 175,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I have a mask in my purse just in case I end up somewhere that requires it, but it’s been more than a week and it hasn’t been necessary. What a nice feeling!
I'm liberal and I've experienced the same and feel the same. Even my doctor's office now says that if you are fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear your mask. I did wear mine in the waiting room a couple weeks ago just because there were two older people in there wearing them and I didn't want to make them uncomfortable; I took it off once in the exam room. But going into stores and things feels normal once again and I'm very grateful to have been able to get vaccinated and back to normal life.

Old 06-07-2021, 12:55 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I have a mask in my purse just in case I end up somewhere that requires it, but it’s been more than a week and it hasn’t been necessary. What a nice feeling!
Thrilled to go mask less. I do the same -- have one on me but not going to put one on unless I am asked to do so.

I won't pitch a fit about wearing one but I am not going to volunteer.

And I am noticing lots of older people wearing masks still but I think it's because so many misunderstand why the mask? The mask is to stop YOU from spreading.....so I would assume those older folks are vaccinated, not likely to be exposed to the virus, etc...why are they still masked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies