Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 07:57 AM

9,360 posts, read 14,103,620 times

Advertisements

You might be misinterpreting this. The cows might be protected because their virus binding sites are slightly different than ours. Virus spike protein interacts with ACE2 I think it is. And all animal species have a slightly different protein.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2021, 07:58 AM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
I don't buy it. Influenza A and B are coronaviruses, and drinking milk never stopped me from getting the flu.

I now take 5000 IU Vitamin D daily. I think that is far better to avoid respiratory disease than milk. I am not buhying this at all.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:22 AM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
The latin word vaccinus means from cow. It's where vaccination got started. For those who are anti-vaccine (I mean the people who are against all vaccinations even before the pandemic), they shouldn't drink milk. The cows are given all sorts of drugs, hormones too.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:33 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
I drink a gallon of skim milk/week, take vitamin D & Zinc (amongst other stuff), & have a great diet.

I don't think I've gotten Covid, but I could be wrong because I was never tested. Maybe, I was an asymptomatic carrier...who knows.

I hardly ever get sick, or even a bad cold. I'm sticking to my regimen. Pass the milk please.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:53 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,526,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I don't buy it. Influenza A and B are coronaviruses, and drinking milk never stopped me from getting the flu.

I now take 5000 IU Vitamin D daily. I think that is far better to avoid respiratory disease than milk. I am not buhying this at all.
No, influenza is NOT a coronavirus.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:58 AM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:

Influenza IS a virus, an influenza virus, not a coronavirus.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-05-2021, 09:10 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Alot of cow milk is also fortified with vitamin D by the time it hits the store shelves.

Old 06-05-2021, 10:44 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
In India it was popular a few months back to eat cow dung as a protective measure against this virus. I do not know how that worked out for them, but it was a thing and they were doing it.

Old 06-08-2021, 04:19 PM

48,522 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In India it was popular a few months back to eat cow dung as a protective measure against this virus. I do not know how that worked out for them, but it was a thing and they were doing it.
Yep, that's just the same thing. Mass produced cows in the US inoculated against coronavirus, and eating poop of sacred cows (treated for nothing) in India.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-08-2021, 04:29 PM

1,301 posts, read 665,985 times
Quote:

The quality of the milk is important.
Are you drinking organic whole milk from grass-fed cows, preferably raw or pasteurized at a lower temp to preserve the important enzymes in the milk?

Most milk sold in grocery stores is garbage, probably tainted with growth hormones.

Instead of taking vitamin-D capsules, you should spend 30 to 45 minutes in direct sunlight every day, bare chested, no shirt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies