Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 06:08 AM

29,100 posts, read 14,403,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I'm not knocking anybody or their choices.

I stated, "Just my personal opinion."

"Past that, the spread of the pellets means you don’t have to be terribly accurate in the dark and the pellets don’t suffer the issue of over penetrating thru the walls"

Which is why I prefer the judge, a 410/.45 pistol. Pus it is much easier to maneuver in a house then a shot gun.
I don't think anyone stated that you are. We just have different opinions. That is allowed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
Can we just stop with this debate.
{SNIP}

Choose what works for you in your situation given your balance of the variables involved.
Yes, that would be your 9th Amendment at work.
Personal Liberty. The right government stomps on more than any other.

If you DO NOT threaten, harm, or take, life, liberty, privacy, property or good reputation(actual crimes) government has no business to be involved in the management of your life(pursuit of happiness)

All the laws they think they can legally enforce upon your person, telling you who, what, when, where, why and how, are all civil, not criminal.... Government cannot be the complainant in a civil dispute.

" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.

In this excerpt we see that sacred rights encompass natural rights, personal liberty, and the right to private property (i.e., absolutely owned by an individual).

NATURAL RIGHTS - ... are the rights of life, liberty, privacy, and good reputation.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed., p. 1324

Short review of the foundation of American law - - -
" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."
--- Declaration of Independence, 1776

If you are threaten with violence for the exercise of your god given birthrights, the tyrant needs to be put in check immediately, or they will perpetuate the oppression. It is your DUTY as a red blooded American.

Old 06-09-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Isn't that up to the home owner? What if you live in a place where there are no neighbors on adjoining walls?
Falls under the protections of the 9th Amendment.
Exercising rights lawfully, does not come without consequences. Some good, some bad.

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!
Always video and audio record your government officials in the coarse of their duties!

Old 06-09-2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
" Everyone knows this"
Here you go AGAIN, claiming to know what everybody else knows.

And you are WRONG, AGAIN.

"The privilege of only citizens 21years of age non-felons and mentally sane may keep but never bear the small arms government allows, and shall be altered when government feels threatened."

"Under federal law, licensed dealers cannot sell or deliver handguns to individuals under age 21 or long guns to those under age 18. Unlicensed individuals cannot sell, transfer, or deliver handguns to individuals under age 18. With some exceptions, federal law prohibits individuals under age 18 from possessing handguns, but it does not place age restrictions on the possession of long guns (18 U.S.C. 922).

https://www.rand.org/research/gun-po...nimum-age.html
So.... The federal law, defined who a person is now?
Really!!!!

You see how they inserted language into an amendment that shall not be infringed?? It is right there. You posted the exact proof it has been done.
I bought my first new gun at 9 yo, a Winchester 30-30 "Rifleman" It was mailed to my door, with a box of cartridges. I already had my .410 pump shotgun and my .22 revolver, I got from my grannie, a month before I turned 6. My Uncle game me his .38 police service revolver when I was 15..... I had the right then, but no, 6, 9, or 15 yo has that right today???? What changed? Did government feel threatened?

Last time I read it closely, it said:
A well regulated militia(try it) to SECURE the free state(the police state has taken over), the RIGHT(not privilege) of the PEOPLE(not citizens) to keep & bear arms(it does not say we cannot keep them on our person at all time, and it damn sure does not say small arms the government decides), shall not be infringed(it is infringed upon right now, by the very things I highlighted)

Yet, here we are, with gun regulation and forbidden arms. Or violence will be waged upon your person by government.

Enjoy The Show.

Last edited by BentBow; 06-09-2021 at 11:52 AM..

Old 06-09-2021, 11:58 AM

You know governments only authorized roll to keep you safe, is from foreign invasion(look at our southern border today)
Storm the border, rape the women, kill the men, raise their flag, and loot the treasury... Last time I checked, that was am invasion.

Case law has well established this. Governments job is not to keep you safe.
Castlerock v. Gonzales
Warren v. DC.

Our 2nd Amendment keeps We The People safe.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:14 PM

795 posts, read 404,246 times
Quote:
I'm not knocking anybody or their choices.

I stated, "Just my personal opinion."

"Past that, the spread of the pellets means you don’t have to be terribly accurate in the dark and the pellets don’t suffer the issue of over penetrating thru the walls"

Which is why I prefer the judge, a 410/.45 pistol. Pus it is much easier to maneuver in a house then a shot gun.
My home defense shotgun is pretty maneuverable. It’s a Mossberg 500 with the short barrel installed. I have also removed the original stock in favor of a pistol grip style with a fold out shoulder pad. Looks pretty similar to the fold out stocks used on the shotguns in the original Jurassic Park movie. I keep it loaded with 00 buckshot. Full magazine tube and 5 extra rounds on the holder on the fold over shoulder brace. Also have a tactical light on it. I also have a 45 ACP handgun in a small biometric safe close to hand.

Old 06-09-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
My home defense shotgun is pretty maneuverable. It’s a Mossberg 500 with the short barrel installed. I have also removed the original stock in favor of a pistol grip style with a fold out shoulder pad. Looks pretty similar to the fold out stocks used on the shotguns in the original Jurassic Park movie. I keep it loaded with 00 buckshot. Full magazine tube and 5 extra rounds on the holder on the fold over shoulder brace. Also have a tactical light on it. I also have a 45 ACP handgun in a small biometric safe close to hand.
Government hates it when the people have short-barreled shotguns... ask Randy Weaver.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:25 PM

795 posts, read 404,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Government hates it when the people have short-barreled shotguns... ask Randy Weaver.
When cut below legal length that is true. However the Mossberg 500 comes with 2 barrels. A long one for hunting or trap shooting, and a shorter one for home defense. The shorter one is legal length.

Old 06-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
When cut below legal length that is true. However the Mossberg 500 comes with 2 barrels. A long one for hunting or trap shooting, and a shorter one for home defense. The shorter one is legal length.
If you were not the property of government, it would not matter.
It would be your personal liberty to have what ever length of barrel you feel best suits your needs.
You would not have MASTER threatening you with violence, if they catch you.

It ain't illegal, until you get caught.

Look at the Taurus "Judge" mentioned above. Is it only legal with a slug loaded?

Old 06-10-2021, 04:49 AM

58,666 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't think anyone stated that you are. We just have different opinions. That is allowed.
"We just have different opinions. " Which I agreed with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies