Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 11:36 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times

Advertisements

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

Quote:
Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived,” said senior author Ali Ellebedy, PhD, an associate professor of pathology & immunology, of medicine and of molecular microbiology. “But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity.”
This could explain why despite my efforts to get covid 19, I can't seem to get it. I believe I had it in late December 2019.

Quote:
Once the infection is resolved, most such cells die off, and blood antibody levels drop. A small population of antibody-producing cells, called long-lived plasma cells, migrate to the bone marrow and settle in, where they continually secrete low levels of antibodies into the bloodstream to help guard against another encounter with the virus.
So blood tests to find antibodies are likely to come back negative unless it is close to infection.

Quote:
The key to figuring out whether COVID-19 leads to long-lasting antibody protection, Ellebedy realized, lies in the bone marrow.
Of course. I may need to get a bone marrow biopsy soon wondering if I could get it tested at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 11:43 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
That is promising.

I know the article pointed out that there was still some research needed to determine more information concerning how long lasting the antibodies are in people who had moderate to severe illness. I hope that shows similarly promising results with further study, as the article indicated would need to be studied further and hopefully is underway. That would be an awful thing to go through twice (hoping someone would make it through the second time), but hopefully there will be more encouraging news when that part of the question is determined with more certainty.

Old 06-06-2021, 12:15 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
so it works exactly like the vaccine.....

Old 06-06-2021, 12:33 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
I am not a scientist, but it is my belief that once a person contracts a virus, the body will make a record of it, and will always, usually for life, "remember the virus" in our body's immune system memory. The immune system will remember the virus by labeling it and tagging it with a code. Once that's in there, it will forever seek out it's presence in the human body in case it needs to send out an alert that it has infiltrated again, so it will immediately send out the alert for the body to start making antibodies (soldiers that fight viruses)so it can go to war with the viruses. The Covid is no different in that respect than any other virus. Once you have it, the body will forever remember it's "code". If it is out patrolling the system and sees it, it will multiply it's defense system so it can eliminate the attacker. This will go on for many days and nights, like when the flu attacks, in which a person will feel completely ill and tired because the body is putting all it's resources and energy in multiplying the antibodies and defending the body. This is why it is recommended to rest, in order to give the body a fighting chance.

But sometimes there is a problem. If the virus mutates (changes it's dna) weather inside or outside the body, the defenders will not be able to recognize its code anymore. It will see it, and think it is a "friend" and leave it alone. It won't recognize that the body is under attack until it has multiplied wildly and is causing all manner of destruction. By then, depending on the speed, it might be too late to put up any good amount of defenses, because it will be outnumbered. This is when people end up at the hospital and the doctors use other methods of attempting to eradicate the virus.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:02 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,164,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I am not a scientist, but
The first phrase uttered on the road to disaster.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:08 PM

17,428 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good...dy-protection/

This could explain why despite my efforts to get covid 19, I can't seem to get it. I believe I had it in late December 2019.

So blood tests to find antibodies are likely to come back negative unless it is close to infection.

Of course. I may need to get a bone marrow biopsy soon wondering if I could get it tested at the same time.
You could get a T Detect test done - it's much more accurate than the antibody test.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:16 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
I know for a fact I caught it....

I find it impossible to believe as contagious as they say this is....that every one of us has not been exposed by now

...and that's exactly the same thing the vaccination does

Here's the paper > https://www.cell.com/cell-reports-me...showall%3Dtrue

Last edited by Corrie22; 06-06-2021 at 05:28 PM..

Old 06-06-2021, 05:28 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Rather than speculating wildly or playing a hunch, I'm just going to rely on the vaccine to improve my odds of resistance to COVID-19 infection. That appears to be the most reliable route to manage my risk. Anything else is a pure cr*p shoot.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:30 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The first phrase uttered on the road to disaster.
So enlighten us.

Old 06-06-2021, 05:40 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
We have an emmense amount of science going back over 200 years regarding natural immunity and how that works.

For those who still have command of their own brains and your thinking patterns, you will probably recall that you had some familiarity with how all of this works, prior to the announcement of this current strain of the coronavirus.

None of that has changed, regardless of the unconscionable lies that were promoted to the public, for blatantly obvious and extremely manipulative political purposes.

Try to recall that prior knowledge. It is still extremely relevant and applicable.

These people who have intentionally misled us and intentionally done their very best to incite mass panic of the general population are monsters. Obviously, this includes most of the corporate media and also leading government health "experts," politicians and others.

It is important that we are willing and able to do our own thinking about these sorts of matters, because it has now been demonstrated quite clearly that we cannot trust those people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies