Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 10:03 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
We have freedom of speech, but you're still responsible for what you say. The liberty to speak your mind doesn't trump other rights. If you attack somebody in a manner that puts them in peril, you can be held liable. The smart move is to say it in a manner that doesn't violate another person's rights.

So, if I, as a Conservative business owner, fire a Liberal employee because I don't like their opinions on abortion, gun control and critical race theory.....

You're A-OK with that?

Old 06-07-2021, 10:04 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And here ^^^ is the reason why conservatives feel they need to keep their mouths shut. Sanctimonious liberals start in with the negative, hostile retorts when they are faced with reasonable positions that differ from their own: you’re offensive, you’re smug, you’re annoying, you’re immature, you need to evolve, etc., etc.

Leftists do seem incapable of considering any expressed position that differs from the liberal stance, and automatically go on a judgmental attack.
Your response is ironic.

3,989 posts, read 6,573,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's just your liberal opinion that the views of conservatives are foolish with nothing to back up your assertions except for hostility and hatred.
If you look back at my list, you'll notice they are foolish conservative views such as stolen elections (already disproven how many times?), anything Trump (he lost, get over it), pandemic nonsense, etc.

I don't find all conservative views foolish (but thanks for painting it with a broad brush). Unfortunately (especially on here), if you aren't a hard core, bible thumping, Trump supporter, you are suddenly a woke, liberal leftist. You can save it. I'm not one for stupid political labels since they really don't (or at least shouldn't) make sense anymore.

I have no hatred. Do I think there are many foolish, uneducated people out there and on here. ABSOLUTELY. Do I just randomly hate people that I have never met before or whose views differ? NOPE.

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, if I, as a Conservative business owner, fire a Liberal employee because I don't like their opinions on abortion, gun control and critical race theory.....

You're A-OK with that?

Depending on your local/state laws, I'm 100% OK with that. Being a liberal is not a protected class, to the best of my knowledge.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You got that right and that poster proved it with his own hateful, bigoted words. For one thing most conservatives do not express racist views nor do they adhere to them. Liberals are good at lying and outright hatred towards those who don't agree with their own radical views.
You know how to quote, right? Next time, try quoting & responding to my actual posts instead of trying to attack me in a round about kind of way. You do that consistently.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:06 AM

19,799 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If cons feel they can’t speak freely, they should look deep in themselves to ask why that is. Maybe they should reflect on the fact that their outdated, offensive, racist, smug, annoying, immature views are not considered appropriate or valid anymore. Maybe they should do a restart & start evolving as the rest of the population has done.
Please list which views you think that most conservatives share that are "outdated, offensive, smug, annoying, [and] immature" I would bet that the majority of those views you consider to be outdated are simply the opinion of liberals such as yourself (and not most moderate liberals or those who just lean left).

I will grant that many conservatives are homophobic and racist, but I firmly believe that this does not apply to most conservatives.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:07 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
It’s not just thicker skin. Conservatives are actually losing their jobs for disagreeing with the liberal mantra. If you have small children depending on you, you have to keep your mouth shut.
Trump supporters....maybe.

Conservatives.....meh.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:07 AM

1,465 posts, read 621,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So, it wasn't the sign removal he got fired for? Why did you lie in your first sentence, then? Sure, saying "Black lives don't matter to me." while in performance of your city job is a pretty good way to get yourself fired.

This is surprising because.....? Further, you feel that black lives not mattering is a conservative or Republican position? I know a lot of Republicans that would strongly disagree with that assertion.
Wrong.

He wasn't on the job.

He got fired for not being a blm supporter.

So, yes, people get fired for not toeing the looney left's line.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
A city worker in Philadelphia got fired for removing a blm sign from a public fence.

Somebody whipped out their phone and asked him about black lives mattering. He replied 'Not to me they don't.' Fired.
You realize why, correct? A city worker represents the city. Just as a worker for a company represents that company. So a local government employee outright says to a member of the public that a segment of the population of that city that they are employed by does not matter to him? And you wonder why they were fired? Really? You can’t seem to understand why that happened?

Old 06-07-2021, 10:09 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,767,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Reading through your list, it appears you inject politics into all conversations. Food? Hairstyle? Really?
I guess you missed the tongue in cheek humor there, but you just proved my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies