Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 10:59 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But it does mean a you cannot ban a person from speaking for being a Jew, just because you dispute their religious beliefs. And yet leftists on social media bans people for voicing political or medical opinions that the leftists dispute.
Yes you can.

If you're in a bible study group, meeting at a church or in someone's home, and you have certain tenets about what is acceptable to discuss, you can absolutely ban that speech, or even that person for disagreeing with the stated philosophy of the group and violating the rules of the group.

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
If cons feel they can’t speak freely, they should look deep in themselves to ask why that is. Maybe they should reflect on the fact that their outdated, offensive, racist, smug, annoying, immature views are not considered appropriate or valid anymore. Maybe they should do a restart & start evolving as the rest of the population has done.
In other words, they should go along with the propaganda. People like you seriously scare me.

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The first amendment is designed to make sure the government doesn't penalize people who are saying offensive things. That's all it's about. It doesn't mean your neighbor can't retaliate by uninviting you to a barbecue, or your boss can't fire you for being obnoxious.
Exercising one's rights always has consequences. Some good, some bad.
It is also their right to disassociate with those they have an issue.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:00 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post

And some of us just don't enjoy being confrontational and/or risking unpleasantness -- especially in the workplace or with family members.
Me neither. That's why I tried not to express my anti-Trump or pro-mask opinions in certain social situations.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:01 AM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
LMAO.

No, it's proof that people get fired for violating their employer's policies. Happens every day and it's not unique to conservatives/Republicans.

No contradictions here.

I can walk into my office and say "I'm conservative." or "I'm a Republican." and not worry about getting fired. I can't walk into my office and say "**** black people." and not worry about getting fired.
But can you walk in and say **** BLM and not worry about getting fired or harassed? Or even say BLM is a marxist hate group?

Old 06-07-2021, 11:02 AM

1,073 posts, read 622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Conservatives: Do you self censor in places other than CD? Is free speech gone, like Trump just said? I know I do. I live in bat **** crazy Liberal Land. The people here are nuts. Conservatives are guarded. We used to think we were the only ones but now we put out feelers and connect with each other.

Can you and do you say anything you want outside of CD? Especially interested if you live in a liberal area like I do. We KNOW it's safe to talk in Florida.

The interesting thing is as moderate who lives in the south I cannot bring up liberal points . Down here a lot of people are far right nuts. Neither extreme is good, and you can't solve problems from either side of the spectrum when you are so far to one side.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Me neither. That's why I tried not to express my anti-Trump or pro-mask opinions in certain social situations.
Know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away.....
Very good advise.

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So, if I, as a Conservative business owner, fire a Liberal employee because I don't like their opinions on abortion, gun control and critical race theory.....

You're A-OK with that?
Yes, because political party affiliation is not a protected class. Political beliefs are not a protected class.

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The arrogance of this point of view is off the scale.

You included the terms smug, annoying and immature in that screed, applying them to your opposition.

It's very, very interesting that you did that.
The irony of your post & all the other cons posts is very very ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Pretty obvious who needs to look deep within themselves.
Correct, I already stated that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
In other words, they should go along with the propaganda. People like you seriously scare me.
Shrug, it’s not my problem that cons refuse to evolve & start respecting others. I’m curious what agenda you’re referring to though & perhaps you can provide examples, legit of course, of said agenda.

Old 06-07-2021, 11:05 AM

21,939 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
If your opinions are so crazy that you're too embarrassed to share them, whose fault is that?
I am sure Germans were afraid to say they supported Jews, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies