Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 08:48 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That is, in fact, from my own city. I responded in that thread - no need to tread that ground again.
if you were already well aware of such instances (as you couldn't help but be), why did you request more?

Old 06-07-2021, 08:50 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if you were already well aware of such instances (as you couldn't help but be), why did you request more?
#1 - Because that is a poor example, for the reasons I discussed in that thread (as is the Cernekee firing).

#2 - I asked Rachel to cite the specific examples she was thinking of. Was that one of them? We don't know, because she refuses to answer.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I have to walk on eggshells around my snowflake family. Anything at all will set them off. They look for any microscopic facial reactions to any of their rants and if they sense you don't back up their bat **** crazy leftist talking points they freak out. They assume I'm totally on the other side. They can't comprehend not being tied to one side or the other.

I do my best to avoid anything at all that could cause them to melt. Topics I avoid because it will trigger them are:

Weather
Health
Politics
Religion
TV
Movies
Sports
Education
Vehicles
Food
Entertainment
Famous people
Not famous people
Directions
News
Animals
Birds
Gardening
Hiking
Walking
Biking
Clothing
Vacations
Work
Government
Businesses
Money
Retirement
Feelings
Mood
Ideas
Hair color
Hair style
Sleeping
Breathing

I find if I avoid these topics and several thousand others things go much better with my snowflake family. Silence is golden;
not with today's leftists. 'silence is violence!', remember?

hell, briefly dozing off at a zoom meeting on 'wokeness' is enough to get you in all kinds of trouble..

Old 06-07-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
#1 - Because that is a poor example, for the reasons I discussed in that thread (as is the Cernekee firing).

#2 - I asked Rachel to cite the specific examples she was thinking of. Was that one of them? We don't know, because she refuses to answer.
yeah, you inferred it was 'racist' of hsu to cite published research conducted at msu. lol

Old 06-07-2021, 08:55 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
No, Even though I am a moderate conservative, I feel that I can speak freely about my conservative views* ONLY to my husband. My neighbors are all liberals and so are the members of my family, and I don't want to risk offending them (or anyone I know, actually).

*I actually am quite liberal on many social issues, but I tend to support law enforcement instead of criminals, I am completely against "welfare" for adults who CAN work and any freebies or benefits for adults who aren't U.S. citizens, and I am against illegal immigration. (I think that the pathway to making immigrants U.S. citizens should be much easier, however). I also don't believe in Critical Race Theory, and I think MOST lives matter. (I would say all lives matter, but I draw the line at repeat felons and child torturers.) I hate schools teaching anything about sexuality of any kind to children under the age of nine, and I am very much against putting the wants of transgendered people above the wants and rights of the majority of people. Finally, I detest Biden/Harris (just as I did Trump,, btw)! I also firmly believe in the First Amendment, and I refuse to modify my way of speaking when it comes to pronouns. I also no longer support quotas or Affirmative Action, even though I did support these until fairly recently. On every other social issue I can think of, I side with the liberal viewpoint.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-07-2021 at 09:28 AM..

Old 06-07-2021, 08:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah, you inferred it was 'racist' of hsu to cite published research conducted at msu. lol
*snickers*

Old 06-07-2021, 08:56 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Conservatives: Do you self censor in places other than CD? Is free speech gone, like Trump just said? I know I do. I live in bat **** crazy Liberal Land. The people here are nuts. Conservatives are guarded. We used to think we were the only ones but now we put out feelers and connect with each other.

Can you and do you say anything you want outside of CD? Especially interested if you live in a liberal area like I do. We KNOW it's safe to talk in Florida.
'll say whatever I what whenever and wherever I want. What's going to happen ? some libs start a gunfight?

Old 06-07-2021, 09:00 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
We have freedom of speech, but you're still responsible for what you say. The liberty to speak your mind doesn't trump other rights. If you attack somebody in a manner that puts them in peril, you can be held liable. The smart move is to say it in a manner that doesn't violate another person's rights.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:03 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Republicans afraid to speak outside of CD, oh come on drama queens.

You have Parler and Trump's new website, you can also do it the old fashioned way and send a letter to the editor of any newspaper.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:05 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Conservatives: Do you self censor in places other than CD? Is free speech gone, like Trump just said? I know I do. I live in bat **** crazy Liberal Land. The people here are nuts. Conservatives are guarded. We used to think we were the only ones but now we put out feelers and connect with each other.

Can you and do you say anything you want outside of CD? Especially interested if you live in a liberal area like I do. We KNOW it's safe to talk in Florida.

Let's just say that I've come to accept that there are certain people and situations where the conversation just isn't worth having.

There's no upside to talking to a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies