Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 08:05 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A low fertility rate is a recipe for more immigration! If you want the U.S. to remain more white, have 6-10 children each. Not one or two!

Automation is a reason for less immigration. At least unskilled immigrants. There are simply going to be no jobs for them very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
They do, in latin America darker skin people are racial separated from whiter people. It is worse in Brazil, but even in Mexico:

https://www.vanderbilt.edu/lapop/new...nversation.pdf

The Americas as a whole is a diverse place filled with immigrants. Argentina, Brazil, the US, etc. are all nations of immigrants.

And they all have the highest crime rates relative to their wealth.
So you have no personal experience in this like I do? You just search out links from academia that agree with your point of view. For me its 30 years immersed in Latin culture. In Latin America there is one language and a compatible culture of music, movies, tv, etc. If someone is lighter or darker skin almost all share this culture. Sure there is corruption in most Latin American countries that keeps some on top. Tell me how immigrants to Mexico are the reasons for issues that country has and without them everything is just fine.

Compare that to here where you have white culture, black cutlure and latin culture. Plus smaller groups of Jews, Muslims and others.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So you have no personal experience in this like I do? You just search out links from academia that agree with your point of view. For me its 30 years immersed in Latin culture. In Latin America there is one language and a compatible culture of music, movies, tv, etc. If someone is lighter or darker skin almost all share this culture. Sure there is corruption in most Latin American countries that keeps some on top. Tell me how immigrants to Mexico are the reasons for issues that country has and without them everything is just fine.

Compare that to here where you have white culture, black cutlure and latin culture. Plus smaller groups of Jews, Muslims and others.
You REALLY don't understand Latin America. You don't even understand Mexico and the different cultures there. Where were you immersed for 30 years in Latin culture???????

If you think Costa Rica is the same as Ecuador is the same as Brazil you are sadly mistaken.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
How about some examples of communities where illegals destroyed? Say want you want about immigrants legal or illegal. But they are pretty tight knit in the communities they live in. Sure they often not assimilate into the rest of the community. And I do think English needs to be our national language and a necessity for all immigrants to learn. That is not going to happen with Biden Harris of course
Do you have flophouses filled with illegal aliens on your street?

It's laughable that you think illegals form "pretty tight knit communities". Quite the opposite. They actually prey on one another. Our community saw an increase in crime once it got flooded with illegals. One day, a boy waiting for the school bus to take him to HS got shot in a drive-by shooting. Three illegals were arrested. They had him killed because he wouldn't join their gang.

You are naive if you think illegals don't destroy communities. There are many communities in the DMV that got destroyed that way.

People in tight knit communities do such things as volunteer in the schools and the libraries. Some even pick up trash that illegals have thrown on the streets and sidewalks. You don't see illegals volunteering to do such things.

If you're taking about legal immigrants---many of them do volunteer in their communities. Legal immigrants and their families lived on our street. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors. Two of the families would come and shovel our driveway for us. And, yes, we thanked them. One family watched our house when we were away and we did the same for them. To contrast that---for a while we had a flophouse filled with illegals on our street. It was a nightmare. Our community had a meeting about them. The legal immigrants were in attendance and were very unhappy about the situation, also.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:

Or so you say.

I'm of Hispanic descent and lived in Latin America for a while. Racial discrimination is there but subtle. For example, there never was a problem with a person marrying someone darker or lighter. The thinking was that if you married someone lighter than you, you had married up. Never mind that the darker person was the better educated one. Just take a look at the ruling class. They are light-skinned and referred to blanquitos. There is a fascination with skin color. I am the lightest one in my family. When I was out with my Dad, people would come up to him and comment on my coloring and how much they liked it. They even asked if my mother was Hispanic. It was rather disconcerting.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Automation is a reason for less immigration. At least unskilled immigrants. There are simply going to be no jobs for them very soon.
People are going to want to migrate into countries where as they don't have to compete with AI.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:23 PM

4,427 posts, read 5,154,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
People are going to want to migrate into countries where as they don't have to compete with AI.
And that have jobs as well is being welcomed by the elites.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You REALLY don't understand Latin America. You don't even understand Mexico and the different cultures there. Where were you immersed for 30 years in Latin culture???????

If you think Costa Rica is the same as Ecuador is the same as Brazil you are sadly mistaken.

There is a common connection of language and culture. With the exception of Brazil. Costa Rica and Ecuador probably have more in common than say Vermont and Alabama.

Old 06-10-2021, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you have flophouses filled with illegal aliens on your street?
I am quite familiar with illegal alien stash houses. Lots of them in Arizona. If there is one on your street you won't know they are there. Often in good areas and they keep a very low profile for obvious reasons. The average neighbor would have no idea what is going on in there.

Quote:
It's laughable that you think illegals form "pretty tight knit communities". Quite the opposite. They actually prey on one another. Our community saw an increase in crime once it got flooded with illegals. One day, a boy waiting for the school bus to take him to HS got shot in a drive-by shooting. Three illegals were arrested. They had him killed because he wouldn't join their gang.
Sure there are examples of that.

You really don't understand how it works. There are not neighborhoods of illegals. In reality you have Jose who comes up from Mexico or Central America. He has family up here who are legal. He stays with them and sleeps on the couch. Most people here illegally simply overstay their visa. They work in hotels, fast food, construction. They live in Hispanic communities with legal and illegal people. There is no separation of legal and illegal Hispanic communities. If there was it would be very easy for ICE to go there and clean house.

Quote:
You are naive if you think illegals don't destroy communities. There are many communities in the DMV that got destroyed that way.
Again I asked for examples not sound bites. Clearly you are just repeating what some right wing pundit said. DMV?

Quote:
People in tight knit communities do such things as volunteer in the schools and the libraries. Some even pick up trash that illegals have thrown on the streets and sidewalks. You don't see illegals volunteering to do such things.
Again more sound bites. You have no idea if illegals are responsible for trash in the streets or who volunteers where. Totally ridiculous comments. I have been married or in relationships with legal Hispanic women for 30 years. Most illegals want to keep a low profile. Most work and have family connections and want to stay out of trouble. I know of dreamers and those here illegally. There are lots of legal US residents in Arizona and Texas who do not speak any English. They were born in a US hospital near the border and grew up in Mexico. Eventually they come up here to work. Anchor babies. Someone like you would see them and say there is an illegal alien. Some illegals speak pretty good English and you would never guess their legal status. My most recent ex came here years ago. Did everything the right way, has a daughter who is a US citizen who sponsored her for permanent residency. My ex's close friend grew up in the same town in Mexico. Also been up here more than 10 years herself. Brought her two young kids from Mexico with her. She owns a trailer and a car and works 3 jobs. She came up legally with a visa but it expired a few years back. She could take a chance and go back to Mexico and try to extend her visa. But sometimes they say no and if they find out she overstayed her visa that is what will happen. So she stays here and tries to make the best of it. Her kids are adults now. She does not fit your stereotype of the average illegal alien. She does not throw trash all over or shoot people in drive by's. She has not destroyed her community. She lives in a trailer park half filled with retired white people and other Hispanics.

Quote:
If you're taking about legal immigrants---many of them do volunteer in their communities. Legal immigrants and their families lived on our street. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors. Two of the families would come and shovel our driveway for us. And, yes, we thanked them. One family watched our house when we were away and we did the same for them. To contrast that---for a while we had a flophouse filled with illegals on our street. It was a nightmare. Our community had a meeting about them. The legal immigrants were in attendance and were very unhappy about the situation, also.
I doubt very much you had a stash house on your street. Nice story. If one was to discover one you call ICE or the local police if you think they will do something about it. You don't do a homeowners assn meeting. Those people are dangerous. They are tied to the cartel. They also move the stash houses often. One week or one month later it is somewhere else. Part of that is because if someone is caught by the cops and they get squeezed for where the stash house is. By the time the cops check it out it may be long gone. This is another reason why your story does not add up.

Stash houses which is the correct term not only run illegals through them but also human smuggling for prostitution and illegal drugs. I have known several people who were involved with that stuff in their younger days. Legal US citizens. I have heard lots of stories about how they operate. The taxi business was a big part of it. They would run people up to Phoenix from the border and hide them in the trunk. With a legal customer in the back seat. Border patrol would generally leave them alone at the check points. That has all changed. I have a friend whose brother served 5 years in federal prison for doing this. Even if there were illegals in the back seat only and they were stopped by immigration the taxi driver could say he had no idea they were illegal and let the taxi driver go. Of course if they are in the trunk its obvious what is going on. That is what happened to my friends brother. He got greedy because he got so much per head. He and them in the back seat of the taxi and one in the trunk and got pulled over for speeding.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 06-10-2021 at 04:37 AM..

Old 06-10-2021, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Or so you say.

I'm of Hispanic descent and lived in Latin America for a while. Racial discrimination is there but subtle. For example, there never was a problem with a person marrying someone darker or lighter. The thinking was that if you married someone lighter than you, you had married up. Never mind that the darker person was the better educated one. Just take a look at the ruling class. They are light-skinned and referred to blanquitos. There is a fascination with skin color. I am the lightest one in my family. When I was out with my Dad, people would come up to him and comment on my coloring and how much they liked it. They even asked if my mother was Hispanic. It was rather disconcerting.

My best friend is Italian. Third generation American. His mom wanted both him and his sister to marry blond hair blue eyed people so she would have blond haired blue eyed grand kids. They all have dark hair and typical Italian features. That is common across many ethnic groups. Look at Telemundo and most of the actors are white looking. Usually the darker skin people work in their homes. People of African decent on the Caribbean islands often bleach their skin. Again its not something unique to Mexico or anywhere really.

My whole point was you cannot take what is unique in America regarding race and immigration and look at other countries and say all their problems are due to immigration or race issues and if we do not stop immigration we will be a 3rd world country soon. Its not a one size fits all issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies