Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2021, 08:26 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
If it wasn't in man's animalistic nature to migrate, we'd still be sitting on the continent of Africa watching the Lions play in the bush.
There is a difference between migrate, immigrate, emigrate, and conquer. Herbivores migrate, predators conquer and displace. Immigration/emigration only occurs where labor can be exploited for profit.

If immigration is beneficial then we will have immigration. If immigration isn't beneficial then we won't have immigration. Both legal and illegal immigration are beneficial for the United States in different ways. The only thing that prevents us from having open-borders now is that too much immigration would lead to political instability and crime.

This political instability comes from the fact that normal humans don't like their country being changed without their permission, and feeling like a stranger in their own country. Crime comes from conflict resulting from increased competition and inequality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2021, 08:36 PM

2,140 posts, read 362,189 times
No.

In fact the opposite is true, from what I understand. It’s also the foundation of this nation. With some very ugly times. Still, sadly.

The benefit to the economy that immigrants - undocumented folks provide is so important that without them - it would be destroyed.

Look it up. Information is power.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
The benefit to the economy that immigrants - undocumented folks provide is so important that without them - it would be destroyed.
I'm about as anti-immigration as a person can be, but this statement is 100% correct.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:40 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Sharpshooters at the fence. It’s the only way.
Just start taking them out. After the first hundred or so I think the rest will get the hint.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:47 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
No.

In fact the opposite is true, from what I understand. It’s also the foundation of this nation. With some very ugly times. Still, sadly.

You're the one who needs to look it up as you haven't a clue! Illegal immigration isn't the foundation of this nation. Law breaking never has been. They do not benefit regular Americans they only benefit the greedy employers who hire them. No such thing as undocumented folk either they are illegal aliens.

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...ates-taxpayers

https://apnews.com/article/b78a2a3c7...ca3542e4581382

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tive-born-stu/

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...878-story.html

Old 10-08-2021, 08:50 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
No.

I think you've been listening to too much NPR.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:58 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Imagine the feelings of the First Nations peoples who felt their social fabric was destroyed by all those white people invading their lands?

But that was different, right?

Old 10-08-2021, 09:05 PM

2,140 posts, read 362,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm about as anti-immigration as a person can be, but this statement is 100% correct.
Thank you so much for taking the time to make this comment.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're the one who needs to look it up as you haven't a clue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I think you've been listening to too much NPR.
I hate to break it to you two, but if immigration hurt the country(whether legal or illegal), it wouldn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52TlPCVDio

Illegal-immigrants are people who work for less, aren't eligible for benefits, and can be deported if they're causing problems.

Old 10-08-2021, 09:27 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I hate to break it to you two, but if immigration hurt the country(whether legal or illegal), it wouldn't exist.
It sure hurt these guys:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies