Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 06:59 AM

18,399 posts, read 6,998,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Burger King regularly runs a 2 for 5, or 2 for 6 deals on those chicken Sandwiches. 8.99 for 2 meals or 5 dollars for 1 through the app.

so really its 3 dollars for just the sandwich and 4.50 for a meal/5 dollars if you just buy one through the app.

Your link says this on the burger king page.

I know everyone does not use the apps, or coupons, but its kind of clear you can get them cheaper than the advertised price.

-----------------> the point.

-------> your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 07:10 AM

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Old saying: Vote with your wallet.

The people have and Chick-Fil-A has won easily.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chic...s-sales-2020-5

And Chick Fil A dropped funding those groups that were fighting LGBTQ issues. So it seems the boycott worked.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
That was nine years ago. I think people need to live in the now on this point.

Even Obama disapproved of gay marriage at one time.

People evolve. Activists should evolve too.
Yup that's why I posted what I do.

I was pointing out how the corp. Chick Fil A got woke and stopped donating to those groups.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
She only sees one side due to her far left biased. Chik Fil A never had any anti gay nor religious statements from the CEO or in their restaurants ever. Total MEDIA created issue which the weak minded embrace.
I never said anything about what was said or not said by anybody.

In 2012 there was a response to who Chik Fil A supported with donations. And in 2019 they STOPPED donating to those groups when they became 'woke'.

That's all.

Why hurl personal insults

Old 06-11-2021, 07:26 AM

30,463 posts, read 17,896,116 times
I'm a big supporter of LGBT rights (but also of the right of free expression and religious liberty), but this doesn't make me more likely to eat at Burger King. To be fair, it doesn't make me less likely to eat there either.

Chick Fil A doesn't discriminate in hiring on account of sexual orientation and has the best customer service in the game, by far. Not to mention I enjoy the food. Unless Burger King can match what Chick Fil a offers, I'll continue to pass. In fact, I can't think of the last time I ordered from Burger King. Somewhat ironically, the Burger King by my place in Honolulu is being replaced by a Chick Fil A

Old 06-11-2021, 07:29 AM

38,955 posts, read 50,875,947 times
I hate seeing corporations getting caught up in the Republicans culture war divisiveness. Corporations can certainly have pet charities and movements they support, but this smacks of political expediency. They need to consider the bigger picture of where the GOP is taking us and not play along.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:31 AM

23,451 posts, read 23,787,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Burger King takes aim at Chick-fil-A with plans to donate to LGBTQ group for every chicken sandwich sold
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Let me get this straight:

BK is going to GIVE AWAY a portion of their profits in some sort of effort to damage a competitor?

My landscaper did something similar. He broke his lawn mower in an effort to suppress his competition...

The ONLY way this makes any sense is if they believe that the added business they'll gain by virtue signaling will compensate not only for the lost cash they're giving away, but also for the business they're losing by being so openly political.

If that's what they're thinking... boy, are they wrong.

I'm going to just keep laughing. If I liked Chik-Fil-A's food, I'd have it for lunch, just for the extra chuckle.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Let me get this straight:

BK is going to GIVE AWAY a portion of their profits in some sort of effort to damage a competitor?

My landscaper did something similar. He broke his lawn mower in an effort to suppress his competition...

The ONLY way this makes any sense is if they believe that the added business they'll gain by virtue signaling will compensate not only for the lost cash they're giving away, but also for the business they're losing by being so openly political.

If that's what they're thinking... boy, are they wrong.

I'm going to just keep laughing. If I liked Chik-Fil-A's food, I'd have it for lunch, just for the extra chuckle.
I don't think the intent is to 'damage' the competitor.

Any more than any marketing campaign is about 'damaging' the competitor......lol.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:35 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,888,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And Chick Fil A dropped funding those groups that were fighting LGBTQ issues. So it seems the boycott worked.
Not for a few years after.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Not for a few years after.
True -- but obviously the boycott had an impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies