Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2021, 10:38 AM

7,913 posts, read 3,458,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
So.

They are at a BLM "function", doesn't matter if they are white or not. My post still stands. It's a stupid thing to do with no real end game in site. That's the real issue, they don't want things to improve with the police, they want the police gone.

It's a non-starter and it's irrational.
This looks like a good place to put my bi-monthly reminder that this culture war has little to do with black people and is an internecine struggle between two white factions with the leftist faction using blacks and other minorities as shock troops against the non leftist faction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 10:41 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Criminals and their supporters hate the police.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:44 AM

7,913 posts, read 3,458,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Blm has a lot of support everywhere. I work for a large teaching hospital here in Chicago and they are big BLM supporters. They make a big deal of it too. They made t-shirts for staff to wear. Black with white letters that says Black lives Matter."
So... this is here to stay. If you speak up against it, you will be fired.
First off you're talking about Chicago which may be representative of large democrat dominated cities but not necessarily the country at large, and you don't really know how much support it has because you don't know who is just going along with it to keep from being fired.

Old 06-08-2021, 10:48 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,604,262 times
Quote:
Blm has a lot of support everywhere. I work for a large teaching hospital here in Chicago and they are big BLM supporters. They make a big deal of it too. They made t-shirts for staff to wear. Black with white letters that says Black lives Matter."
Pretty soon you will be declared mentally ill if you don’t agree, and they are working on drugs to “cure” racism.

Next your (all?) children will be raised by the state to root out racism in the next generation. I have seen articles and studies saying racism begins in infants, this will be used as justification.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:11 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
I hope PETA gets all upset about this, and starts a war with BLM.

That is seriously a waste of a poor pig's life. I doubt BLM even know how to slaughter humanely.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:16 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
Quote:
Who owners of said hospital? Is private or govt? Either way, they, on purpose, only hired certain people. This was planned in advance for the day this movement appear. Only way everyone in one building can be down for exact same movement.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:47 AM

6,725 posts, read 6,724,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
To all the people who say they don't want to defund police. No, they want to kill them.
They want to kill each other. If Black Lives Mattered to Black Lives Matter, they'd do something about the rising levels of black-on-black violence.

Old 06-08-2021, 11:50 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
They want to kill each other. If Black Lives Mattered to Black Lives Matter, they'd do something about the rising levels of black-on-black violence.
Bingo

They’re more interested in playing the martyr and getting free stuff than they are about saving each others lives.

Old 06-08-2021, 12:12 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
This looks like a good place to put my bi-monthly reminder that this culture war has little to do with black people and is an internecine struggle between two white factions with the leftist faction using blacks and other minorities as shock troops against the non leftist faction.
That seems like a more accurate high level view of the big picture. The closer you are to the ground and details of specifics, the more it doesn't make sense, you start panning out and seeing how things work together it makes a lot more sense.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:20 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,357 times
This should be made a hate crime. Let me drop a dead monkey in a casket full of bananas at the NAACP and see what happens. I am not sure what the charge should be it it is close to terroristic threats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies