Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the CIA be abolished?
Yes, the CIA is too corrupt and powerful and is beyond all hope of reform. It needs to be abolished or divided up. 29 50.00%
No, it would harm national security too much to abolish it completely. It should be retained/reformed/improved/etc. 29 50.00%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 03:22 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
This is why I support the abolishment of the CIA. They are basically playing God at this point and think they have the right to shape all of reality for the entire planet.
I agree to a point but as long that the world is messed up and the other side have people like them or worse, I want them in our side and with a short leash.
it's like Nukes, I hate them but if they exist and others have it, I want it on our side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 03:33 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Simple question.

The CIA has a very checkered history. Some would say that the agency is now operating so outside the law or any degree of effective oversight, that it’s simply time to terminate it and rearrange its duties to other agencies.
Yes. After the Gary Web story was released they should have been completely hallowed out.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:14 PM

1,855 posts, read 796,237 times
they even got a podcast going now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies