Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 07:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Go find it for yourself. It has to be that way. You darn well know that whatever links I give you, you will refuse to read them.

It's abundantly clear that you haven't taken the time to fully look at both sides of the coin.
Oh, but I have looked at both sides of the coin.

One side is completely devoid of any evidence.

So, no evidence and certainly no "proof" as you demanded of the other poster. That is the irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 07:56 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just read what i said, and stop inserting Democratic Party talking points. I never mentioned Trump, or fraud, because those are irrelevant points. I'm referring to unauthorized and illegal ways that state election laws were altered.

There were changes made to voting laws by boards of directors, court judges and governors. These people do not have the authority to amend or rewrite state election laws, rules, procedures etc... You know the process involved for creating and amending election laws. The state legislature writes and passes the law, the governor signs it into law.
I understand your point, you claimed that the changes were done indiscriminately by election boards, so why didn't they challenge the changes in court if that were true. I think PA is the only state that took it to the court, can you name the others. I don't see that there was any widespread violation by the states but that is not the basis for their claims. They are alleging massive systematic voter fraud in the swing states.

So were these changes only done in the states Trump lost or is that also the case where he won.

I know of one lawsuit regarding the state constitution, maybe you can name the others.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:58 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So? That's all you think were the changes made to state election laws? Here's just a few you left out:

In Michigan, their Secretary of State made changes to the standards ”for reviewing signatures, verifying signatures, and curing missing or mismatched signatures." She did not have the authority to do that

Virginia state law prohibited ballots without postmarks from being counted. But the Board of Elections illegally implemented election law changes allowing ballots to be counted even if they arrived without a postmark, and up to three days after the election.

#1 - The SOS standards changes were addressed in court, no? Yep, it sure was: https://www.michiganradio.org/post/s...-invalid-judge

#2 - I'm unfamiliar with the scenario in Virginia. How does the VA Board of Elections change laws, exactly?

Old 06-11-2021, 09:16 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I understand your point, you claimed that the changes were done indiscriminately by election boards, so why didn't they challenge the changes in court if that were true. I think PA is the only state that took it to the court, can you name the others. I don't see that there was any widespread violation by the states but that is not the basis for their claims. They are alleging massive systematic voter fraud in the swing states.

So were these changes only done in the states Trump lost or is that also the case where he won.

I know of one lawsuit regarding the state constitution, maybe you can name the others.
The most Trump voters can say is that states made it easier for legal voters to vote. So now many red states are trying to make it harder for those people to vote based on fraud in the 2020 election that they have been unable to prove.

Like you said there are checks and balances to any changes made on the state level. Trump was in power, his AG and the justice department could have stepped in or on a state level there was the opportunity to challenge in state court. Look in 2000 it went to the Supreme Court when the states were unable to decide how votes should be counted.

But I fail to see that if states made it easier to vote and there is no evidence that this caused widespread fraud or changed any election outcome what harm was done. Trump voters are just sore losers. Even worse than the sore loser HRC voters in 2016.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:38 AM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
#1 - The SOS standards changes were addressed in court, no? Yep, it sure was: https://www.michiganradio.org/post/s...-invalid-judge

#2 - I'm unfamiliar with the scenario in Virginia. How does the VA Board of Elections change laws, exactly?

The lawsuit in Michigan was similar to happens in every election, this was the lawsuit I was speaking about. I would love to hear all these other unconstitutional state laws but the poster has disappeared. But the main issue is they are claiming is fraud, it has nothing to do with election laws.

They filed the lawsuit that regarding mail-in ballots a week after the election, the mail-in ballot changes had been on the books since 2019 but they waited until after the election to file.

Quote:
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Pennsylvania’s highest court on Saturday night threw out a lower court’s order preventing the state from certifying dozens of contests on its Nov. 3 election ballot in the latest lawsuit filed by Republicans attempting to thwart President-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the battleground state.

The state Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, threw out the three-day-old order, saying the underlying lawsuit was filed months after the expiration of a time limit in Pennsylvania’s expansive year-old mail-in voting law allowing for challenges to it.

As a remedy, Kelly and the other Republican plaintiffs had sought to either throw out the 2.5 million mail-in ballots submitted under the law — most of them by Democrats — or to wipe out the election results and direct the state’s Republican-controlled Legislature to pick Pennsylvania’s presidential electors.
https://apnews.com/article/election-...a635a2a5a925ef

So how can republicans challenge a law that has been passed by a republican legislature that is over a year old.

Quote:
"After waiting over a year to challenge Act 77, and engaging in procedural gamesmanship along the way, they come to this Court with unclean hands and ask it to disenfranchise an entire state," they wrote. "They make that request without any acknowledgment of the staggering upheaval, turmoil, and acrimony it would unleash."

The law was passed in 2019 with widespread support from Pennsylvania Republicans, who control both chambers of the state's Legislature.
https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/94423...ection-results

Old 06-11-2021, 02:22 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Oh, but I have looked at both sides of the coin.

One side is completely devoid of any evidence.

So, no evidence and certainly no "proof" as you demanded of the other poster. That is the irony.
No, you didn't look at both sides. No doubt, you rejected links without looking at them due to your own biases. That is the real irony.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:20 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Republicans have been committing fraud for decades now. Most of their “wins” were stolen and “won” by fraudulent activities.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:37 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Republicans have been committing fraud for decades now. Most of their “wins” were stolen and “won” by fraudulent activities.
So, it does happen......stolen and fraudulent....but only by repubs...

But I thought it never happened?

Old 06-11-2021, 05:33 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, it does happen......stolen and fraudulent....but only by repubs...

But I thought it never happened?

I think they are referring to the 2000 presidential race. Otherwise I don't believe either side when they scream election fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies