Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 12:20 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkJuice View Post
I was actually referring to anthropogenic climate change. It’s gonna be a major factor in future when it comes to migrants and refugees.
The implications are scary for both the countries they come to and for the migrants/refugees themselves.

We can all agree, neither the illegals/migrants/refugees/Americans wanna be in this situation.

Migrants are just a byproduct of how our world works. They’re not the cause of our problems, they’re a symptom.
How our world works? They are a symptom of what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Okay, so I know you folks on the right don't believe in anthropogenic climate change, but that is one of the key drivers for this migration tendency. The climate of Central America is changing as a consequence, and most likely it won't be able to sustain the same population in the future unless we can adapt the crops and practices.
Well if you are a climate believer then the U.S.'s climate is changing to, right? If not, why not?

Old 06-09-2021, 12:27 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
More tent cites for Americans who can't find a job because that illegal will work for peanuts.. illegals get plenty of freebies so the money they get they save and go back and live good. Then come back for more..
Wait....I thought Americans were too lazy to take jobs as long as the government is sending them stimulus checks? At least that's been the Republican narrative. Now you're saying that there are no jobs because of immigrants? Even though every contractor, landscaping company and home remodeler I talk to tells me they would love to do my project but they can't find any workers. Get your story straight!

Old 06-09-2021, 01:01 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,741,053 times
In the sixties I was drafted into the Hungarian Border Patrol at age 18. The HBP was part of the Hungarian Army, and in spirit they were closer to a section of the Hungarian KGB than the regular army.

There were people crossing the Austrian-Hungarian border, but it was extremely dangerous and the numbers were small during the entire cold war.

Patrols on that border walked in twos, with a dog, heavily armed. They were assigned to a section no longer than a mile or two. Training was simple. Yell out "halt!" then again "halt or we shoot!" then open up with the fully automatic AK-47. The guards who shot / killed a trespasser were rewarded for patriotic duty. The guards were brainwashed constantly that an incoming is a CIA agent, and an outgoing is a deserter or a spy - in other words "the enemy of the homeland".

The point of this post is that border protection is not brain surgery. There are means, if not the will to do it.

I never had the chance to be assigned to the Austrian section of the border. If I had been, I'd probably left the comrades a few years earlier. The guards were trained to shoot and kill their own partner if the other tried to cross. That policy resulted in guards either never passing, of if they did they passed together as a pair.

Few years back Hungary was swarmed on the southern border by refugees coming from Somalia, Syria, etc. all trying to get to Germany. Some were allowed to pass, most were not, but the number of refugees getting through undetected was in the low teens. Once inside Hungary, they were arrested by the local police.

Last edited by mgforshort; 06-09-2021 at 02:13 PM..

Old 06-09-2021, 01:29 PM

929 posts, read 304,366 times
People can blame anything they want , nowadays it seems all problems according to Progressives are caused by Racism, White Supremacy or Climate Change.

The issue regarding the border is fairly simple. The cause is the failure of the societies where the people that are trying to sneak in are coming from. You can argue why they have failed to the cows come home. Not to be included in that argument are the American people themselves. So obviously, the American people should not suffer the consequences.

The Biden Regime is in in direct violation of the US Constitution in their failure to protect the States from invasion. The lack of the willingness to acknowledge this will do more harm then the actual numbers of illegals swarming in. For if our elected leaders ignore the Constitution, it demonstrates their hate and distaste for it, and the country.

Four years of lies, hoaxes, Propaganda and vitriol against the previous administration, and not a word of outrage from Progressive Dems for a blatant attack on our sovereignty. If it wasn’t clear, it is now. They just hate America.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkJuice View Post
Economic policies, geopolitics, exploitation of people and their resources in 3rd world countries. Meddling in governments of other nations in south America to destabilize their democratically elected governments just to replace them with dictatorships that would be loyal to the US at the detriment of their people.
So after 50 years these countries can't get they act together and fix themselves? I couldn't care less why these people come here. We have immigration and asylum laws to protect our own people. WTH does climate change have to do with it? Is the climate in those countries the only ones being effected by it? This is just another pass the buck attempt to justify foreigners violating our borders with impunity. It just doesn't fly anymore!

Old 06-09-2021, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
People can blame anything they want , nowadays it seems all problems according to Progressives are caused by Racism, White Supremacy or Climate Change.

The issue regarding the border is fairly simple. The cause is the failure of the societies where the people that are trying to sneak in are coming from. You can argue why they have failed to the cows come home. Not to be included in that argument are the American people themselves. So obviously, the American people should not suffer the consequences.

The Biden Regime is in in direct violation of the US Constitution in their failure to protect the States from invasion. The lack of the willingness to acknowledge this will do more harm then the actual numbers of illegals swarming in. For if our elected leaders ignore the Constitution, it demonstrates their hate and distaste for it, and the country.

Four years of lies, hoaxes, Propaganda and vitriol against the previous administration, and not a word of outrage from Progressive Dems for a blatant attack on our sovereignty. If it wasn’t clear, it is now. They just hate America.
I couldn't agree more. It's the absolute truth!

Old 06-09-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Wait....I thought Americans were too lazy to take jobs as long as the government is sending them stimulus checks? At least that's been the Republican narrative. Now you're saying that there are no jobs because of immigrants? Even though every contractor, landscaping company and home remodeler I talk to tells me they would love to do my project but they can't find any workers. Get your story straight!

The issue is illegal aliens not "immigrants". When will you get that through your head? It is true that our government has incentivized the lazy not to go back to work but most Americans aren't like that and they do want to go back work and have. Illegal aliens have taken those once good paying jobs that you mentioned. They can't find illegals anymore? They don't want to hire Americans because they'd have to pay them a fair wage. It's BS that Americans won't do those jobs soyou're not getting the whole story. At any rate no employer has the right to hire illegal aliens regardless of their claims of a worker shortage.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:38 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
When you...
-stop the wall
-end the Mexican based asylum aka MPP aka Remain in Mexico
-put "catch and release" back in place
-handcuff CBP and ICE
-create Sanctuary Cities
-propose legislation to grant permanent residence to all 11M illegals.

...that's the welcome mat. All the immigrants know it and the Democrats own it. You ain't fooling anybody or the world.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:48 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No he didn't -- you made that up.

In fact conservative pundits and politicians have been the ones screaming that if Biden was President the borders would be open.
You must have missed that debate. It was quite memorable to me because my husband said bad words after he said it, and he doesn’t often do that.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies