Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2021, 08:31 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Errrrtbody gonna die, right?

Just like how everyone died when they opened up Georgia, opened up Texas, opened up Florida, opened up the rest of the country, after they ended mask mandates.....

I’m not sure if it’s funny or sad that so many democrats are desperately clinging to any hope of continuing to scare the population with covid.

I am not a democrat. Libertarian. I am fine with everyone making the choice of get vaccinated or not. But if they die because they decided to role the dice and see what happens I have no pity on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 09:56 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
I just got my first dose of the Vax and a week or so ago my sons ex passed the virus to my grand who apparently gave it to me . Hope it’s a mild case n I just have the norm flu symptoms. It would come from the ex.

Old 06-26-2021, 03:55 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,649,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not a democrat. Libertarian. I am fine with everyone making the choice of get vaccinated or not. But if they die because they decided to role the dice and see what happens I have no pity on them.
Well, then, stick to the facts, rather than propagate Leftist talking points where you don't have enough knowledge to understand the underlying issues. And in the case of Delta Variant vs Vaccine, you apparently don't have all the facts. (Frankly, I doubt that you believe those talking points, if you really think them over.)

Delta Variant (actually, two or three underlying mutations, that I have been tracking) changes a few of the rules (more on what "the rules" are, on request). It doesn't change all of them. I have formulated most of these new rules, and hope to expound on the topic later today.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:22 AM

366 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
It doesn't matter. People are "over it." The ones who never took it seriously from the beginning won't bother to receive new information. And those of us who did everything we could to protect ourselves and others are still taking precautions. But, overall, people are going to tend to disregard this until it gets really bad again. We've seen it already. Humans are selfish and do not like to be "inconvenienced."

Pragmatism is underutilized, even in a pandemic where it would be most helpful.
As a hero I’m sure you’re vaccinated...so what is there to worry about???

Old 06-26-2021, 06:10 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
I guess Pzifer and Moderna have to go back on the drawing board now then Israel says the delta variant infect vaccinated people.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...BingNewsSearch

Quote:
As Israel is facing a surge in cases driven by the Delta variant, its health officials said as many as half of those are among people who were vaccinated.
Fully vaccinated people who were in contact with the Delta variant will now have to quarantine, according to Chezy Levy, the leader of Israel's Health Ministry's director-general.
"Even though the numbers are low, the fact that this is reaching vaccinated people means…that we are still checking how many vaccinated people have also been infected," Levy said, Haaretz reported Wednesday.
Styx vlogged about the Delta variant on Bitchute.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/O7a40aOBUtBM/

Old 06-26-2021, 06:54 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well, then, stick to the facts, rather than propagate Leftist talking points where you don't have enough knowledge to understand the underlying issues. And in the case of Delta Variant vs Vaccine, you apparently don't have all the facts. (Frankly, I doubt that you believe those talking points, if you really think them over.)

Delta Variant (actually, two or three underlying mutations, that I have been tracking) changes a few of the rules (more on what "the rules" are, on request). It doesn't change all of them. I have formulated most of these new rules, and hope to expound on the topic later today.
I know both liberals and conservatives and some apolitical types who won't get vaccinated. Everything does not have to be from a political lens. There is an obvious trend here where the variants are getting more problematic. And yes I have also been following them very closely.

I follow science not politics when it comes to scientific issues like this. If sometimes what I say is similar to liberals or conservatives so be it. Trump voters often take the opposite of whatever liberals are saying. They say get a vaccine so Trump voters are against it. Some things liberals did during last year were clearly wrong. I don't care what they say. They went crazy with the lock downs and hurt the economy. I will listen to science. And not just science from here but from various parts of the world.

If a sizable part of the population refuses the vaccine because they are afraid of it or think getting covid in their age group is no worse than any possible vaccine side effects one is missing the fact that the more it spreads even among lower risk people the greater chance it could change and become a problem for even vaccinated people. And really dangerous to the non vaccinated. People should have a choice but its rather selfish if the turn down the vaccine. The argument for not getting the vaccine is getting more absurd by the day. And if one is over 65 or has other risk factors and will not get the vaccine. And I know lots of people like this. I believe the next few months will take a lot of them out. My state is 37% fully vaccinated. And I would assume my rural county is probably much lower than that. That is a problem. Non vaccinated people before were going into the public where most had masks on, most larger cities had mask orders, etc. Now they are going out where few wear masks and a stronger variant is taking hold. A perfect storm for infection.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 06-26-2021 at 07:20 AM..

Old 06-26-2021, 06:59 AM

1,081 posts, read 548,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I guess Pzifer and Moderna have to go back on the drawing board now then Israel says the delta variant infect vaccinated people.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...BingNewsSearch

Styx vlogged about the Delta variant on Bitchute.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/O7a40aOBUtBM/
The vaccine does not prevent infection of SARS COV2 (the virus.) It reduces your risk of severe disease (COVID19.)

Why do people have such a problem with understanding vaccine technology?

Old 06-26-2021, 07:02 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:

What if the do not get vaccinated, get infected, and kill someone who cannot get vaccinated (like cancer patients) or do not generate a strong immune response?

Old 06-26-2021, 07:04 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
The vaccine does not prevent infection of SARS COV2 (the virus.) It reduces your risk of severe disease (COVID19.)

Why do people have such a problem with understanding vaccine technology?

It does some of both and it means that if someone is infected the viral load is much lower, they are much less likely to infect someone else, and the are spreading the virus for a much shorter time.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:31 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
Quote:

The people opposed to vaccines in general think that people who get jabbed are "rolling the dice" ... it's all a matter of perspective.

Still, I agree with you. Get vaccinated or not. If cases shoot up and we have to wear masks again, oh well. Frankly I quite enjoy the social distancing in our break rooms at work. I hope it stays that way forever. I find certain aspects of the pandemic have really been beneficial for introverts. People are cleaning up after themselves at work more now too.. only a small minority leave their slop all over the table and crumbs laying on the floor for others to clean up. If the pandemic made people more polite and considerate and less selfish, slobs, etc, I'd consider that a benefit.

Last edited by sholomar; 06-26-2021 at 07:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies