Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 05:15 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
It is another indicator of a health system costing many times more than comparable countries and achieving poorer medical outcomes.

The biggest reason our healthcare costs more with worse out comes is the lifestyles of the American people. On average the American people are fat, do not eat right, and do not exercise enough. Then we expect the healthcare system to fix all the problems these lifestyle shortcomings cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 05:17 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Trump's order did nothing to lower the manufacturers sale price, so I don't see how stopping it would placate anybody. The order limited the mark up that certain community health clinic could apply. The problem is that this did nothing to reduce overall costs because the clinics would either need to make up that lost revenue elsewhere or reduce their services.

If you check the record, Obama sold out to the drug companies before using dirty backroom deals to pass Obamacare against the will of the people.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:19 AM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I don't think Biden is the problem.. In the United States, the average manufacturer price per standard unit for human insulin was $85.21, compared to $7.11 in Canada and $5.13 in the United Kingdom.
You can get two types of over the counter insulin from walmart for about $25 a bottle.

Canada and the UK use monopoly purchase power to squeeze costs out and frankly in doing so force much of the R&D costs onto US consumers and then reap the benefits.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:05 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Maybe you should do your own fact checking.
I do and it's obvious Facebook and CNN fact checking suck.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:09 AM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't this old news? I think that was Pinocchio Joey's first executive order. Clearly paying back BigPharma donors.
If only there were some laws preventing excess campaign donations. If only our political/legal system did not believe money was speech and corporations were people…..who changed that rule again?

I am not condoning Biden’s actions I am saying that the problem is bigger. The problem is the donor class and the system they have created and the people they have put in place propping it up.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:13 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Why did he do this?
Because he needs to undo anything Trump did, even if it hurts people and harms the nation. In the world of Democratic Party politics, the more pain and strife people are under, the more the dems can set themselves up as their caretakers. That, and Biden has to keep up the act that anything Trump did was bad.

Earlier this year, the National Association of Health Care Centers said the rule would "adversely impact Community Health Centers" and make it harder for low-income patients to afford the medications.

Biden doesn't care "Trump, bad."

Old 06-10-2021, 08:15 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
If only there were some laws preventing excess campaign donations. If only our political/legal system did not believe money was speech and corporations were people…..who changed that rule again?

I am not condoning Biden’s actions I am saying that the problem is bigger. The problem is the donor class and the system they have created and the people they have put in place propping it up.
Curious though, how it was the Democrats screaming the loudest about "keeping the money out of presidential election," and yet the dems spend more on presidential elections than Republicans do. Hilary for example, over spent Trump by double.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:17 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Funny how this 11th hour "Look what I did for you measure" was never even in place. Based on comments from people I know who use insulin this would have done nothing for them it was all hype.

"The rule was scheduled to go into effect in January but was frozen at that time." as per the article

Old 06-10-2021, 08:20 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Just another corrupt Democrat politician. Trump was the true people’s man.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-10-2021, 08:52 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Why did he do this?
FOLLOW THE MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Isn't this old news? I think that was Pinocchio Joey's first executive order. Clearly paying back BigPharma donors.
MYLAN labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
How does making insulin epipens more expensive possibly help anyone? Is this a push back on Manchin? Didn't his family own the company or something?

The liberal activists tend to get REALLY nasty like this. Problem is, there's a good chance that it affects someone close to them. It doesn't matter to them, as long as they play dirty to win, the liberal fascists don't care who gets hurt. It's time that American voters wake up and stop voting for Democrats who want to dismantle the U.S.
It was an early Executive order. Unlikely to “push back” against Senator Manchin (his daughter is CEO of Mylan), more likely to be an early Bribe.

Vox Sentences: How did an EpiPen get to costing $600? - 2018

Since 2007, the price of an EpiPen — used to treat anaphylactic shock in allergy victims and people with asthma — has quietly risen 400 percent. [Vox / Sarah Kliff]
Allergy sufferers have taken to using syringes for epinephrine injections, rather than using an EpiPen and incurring a $600 cost. [StatNews / Ike Swetlitz]
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) is calling for an investigation into the price hike... [Sen. Charles Grassley]
...while other senators are calling for investigations into reports that the executives at Mylan Pharmaceuticals, which makes EpiPens, gave themselves huge raises while hiking the drug's price. [NBC News / Ben Popken]
Awkwardly, the CEO of Mylan is the daughter of Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV). [NY Daily News / Christopher Brennan]
That's the tip of the iceberg. For Gizmodo, Matt Nowak lays out how the federal government (Congress and the FDA alike) helped make EpiPens a $1 billion industry. [Gizmodo / Matt Nowak]

Bottom Line - Democrats care nothing for the Citizens OR their Health.
They only care for their Donors & their own Family Wealth.

Biden Inc (aka The Big Guy) is a perfect example.
Watch for a Manchin cave to the Leftist Agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies