Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 04:10 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,488,758 times

Advertisements

It's amazing how people still believe the lies told by the left.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/yet...F2KyIQvaBaCO_o

Yet Another Media Tale -- Trump Tear-Gassed Protesters For a Church Photo Op -- Collapses

..ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos “reported” that “the administration asked police to clear peaceful protesters from the park across the White House so that the President could stage a photo op.” The Intercept published an article stating that “federal police used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear protesters from Lafayette Square in front of the White House,” all to feature a video where the first interviewee said: “to me, the way our military and police have behaved toward the protesters at the instruction of President Trump has almost been Nazi-like.”Nazi-like. This was repeated by virtually every major corporate outlet:...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 04:24 PM

19,835 posts, read 12,092,300 times
One of the threads from that time:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...sequences.html

Old 06-09-2021, 04:28 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,673,914 times
You labor under the misapprehension facts matter to people who still think Brian Sicknick was bludgeoned to death, Kenosha was a "fiery but mostly peaceful protest," Antifa is just an idea, Stacey Abrams is the rightful governor or Georgia, Trump called Nazis "very fine people," Hillary had the election stolen from her, Al Gore had the election stolen from him, etc...

Old 06-09-2021, 04:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 6,532,470 times
Well I'm glad that was cleared up. But it was still a dumb-ass move by Trump.

Old 06-09-2021, 04:45 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
another treasured leftist lie shot down like a rabid dog - by an ex- leftist no less

Old 06-09-2021, 05:17 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
It's amazing how people still believe the lies told by the left.

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/yet...F2KyIQvaBaCO_o

Yet Another Media Tale -- Trump Tear-Gassed Protesters For a Church Photo Op -- Collapses

..ABC News anchor George Stephanopoulos “reported” that “the administration asked police to clear peaceful protesters from the park across the White House so that the President could stage a photo op.” The Intercept published an article stating that “federal police used tear gas and rubber bullets to clear protesters from Lafayette Square in front of the White House,” all to feature a video where the first interviewee said: “to me, the way our military and police have behaved toward the protesters at the instruction of President Trump has almost been Nazi-like.”Nazi-like. This was repeated by virtually every major corporate outlet:...

I saw that. Was not surprised at all,Lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That was but one of several threads on it. The lefties tried to carry the propaganda water to the point of exhaustion on that one.

Old 06-09-2021, 05:18 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,427,745 times
So the media pushed yet another false narrative. Is it really egregious to call them the enemy of the people?

Old 06-09-2021, 07:32 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Well I'm glad that was cleared up. But it was still a dumb-ass move by Trump.
I actually didn't think that was a dumb move by Trump (and he's done many dumb moves.) If I remember correctly, the night before mobs of people tried to breach the fencing around the White House, injuring many Secret Service agents. The president was moved to a bunker for safety (which he was cruelly mocked for). The mobs burned a church. Who knows what would have happened if they ended up near the White House...a version of Jan. 6? So when he walked over to a church that had been burned, and held up a Bible, I thought it was a decent thing to do. Nobody should want churches burned, and nobody seemed to care about the ugly symbolism of burning a church except him.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:37 PM

929 posts, read 303,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I actually didn't think that was a dumb move by Trump (and he's done many dumb moves.) If I remember correctly, the night before mobs of people tried to breach the fencing around the White House, injuring many Secret Service agents. The president was moved to a bunker for safety (which he was cruelly mocked for). The mobs burned a church. Who knows what would have happened if they ended up near the White House...a version of Jan. 6? So when he walked over to a church that had been burned, and held up a Bible, I thought it was a decent thing to do. Nobody should want churches burned, and nobody seemed to care about the ugly symbolism of burning a church except him.
Your last 14 words are the most frightening aspect of the entire situation.

In this new world, nothing, absolutely nothing is sacred.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 24 days ago)

27,638 posts, read 16,120,970 times
The media continues to earn their rep as enemy of the good people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies