Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 11:23 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times

Advertisements

Tragic for the family, but predators sometimes pay the price for their predation.

Seems the times when rape or sexual assault seems to be most defended, involves those defending transgenders.

Last edited by Joe90; 06-01-2022 at 11:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 11:24 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This thug wouldn't have been able to get away with this, apparently if he did it now because VA has very recently passed the "gay panic defense", which disallows a murderer killing a sex partner if he discovers that person is a different gender than thought. The jury didn't hear of this law because the law wasn't in affect when this monster stomped his sex partner to death.

But anyway. Next guy who comes along and does this, won't be able to walk free.

https://vpm.org/news/articles/32556/...of-tinder-date
This law and the verdict both make me uncomfortable. The deceiver was the monster. The guy was a hothead.

Feels like it should have been manslaughter, despite the deception.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:24 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Sounds like we're free to murder anyone who deceives us now.
Would you defend a person that killed a rapist?

Old 06-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Going to need you to source that because I'd read it was 4-5 punches and one kick in another article.

No offense but we've had a number of conversations where you introduce a narrative that is not supported by anything factual, so I'm going to need to see where you got that information from.
I already posted this link, but here it is again:

https://vpm.org/news/articles/32556/...of-tinder-date

the medical examiner's testimony is even more graphic, about the brutality:

https://roanoke.com/news/local/crime...834bc5978.html

Old 06-01-2022, 11:27 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Going to need you to source that because I'd read it was 4-5 punches and one kick in another article.

No offense but we've had a number of conversations where you introduce a narrative that is not supported by anything factual, so I'm going to need to see where you got that information from.
Quote:
"On May 31, Etute went over to what he thought was Angie’s home and when he found out that Angie was actually Smith, he punched Smith five times before Smith fell to the ground and then punched him at least five more times and stomped on him, according to Pettitt.

Etute also told authorities that Smith did not fight back.

Etute also admitted that he heard a bubbly and gurgling noise after the incident, and said he ran out of the home without calling the police, according to Pettitt."
https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021...rg-mans-death/

Quote:
Etute reportedly said he went to Smith’s apartment in April to engage in oral sex after matching with someone named “Angie†on Tinder. The following month, he returned to the apartment to verify if the person he met was male or female, according to The Roanoke Times.

The prosecuting attorney, Montgomery County Chief Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Patrick Jensen, said the 6-foot-3, 205 pounds football player struck Smith, who weighed 153 pounds, five times in the head. Causing the man to fall, and Etute proceeded to stomp on Smith’s head until blood overflowed from him.

Chief Deputy Commonwealth’s Attorney Patrick Jensen presents his closing argument for the Isimemen Etute murder trial. Image Credit: Matt Gentry/The Roanoke Times/AP
A detective testified that Etute grabbed Smith in the dark before raining down death blows on the man.

A medical examiner concluded that Etute broke every bone in Smith’s face, and some of his teeth were broken and missing, according to CBS Sports.

Etute did not notify police after he attacked Smith, according to the Commonwealth’s Attorney, WDBJ 7 reports.
https://www.blackenterprise.com/form...a-tinder-date/

This was on a second visit a month after his first encounter. Punched him 5 times while upright and continued to punch and stomp when he was on the ground. Then fled the scene without notifying police.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:40 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
In this case - the football player is guilty of murder as far as I'm concerned. Had he discovered the deception the night of the incident and punched the guy then - maybe I'd feel differently but this thug came back a month later with 2 friends, who did stay outside, and then he brutally beat the guy. Jerry Smith paid for his deception and lord knows how many other guys he did this too but this ball player killed him.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:44 AM

6,844 posts, read 3,959,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
In this case - the football player is guilty of murder as far as I'm concerned. Had he discovered the deception the night of the incident and punched the guy then - maybe I'd feel differently but this thug came back a month later with 2 friends, who did stay outside, and then he brutally beat the guy. Jerry Smith paid for his deception and lord knows how many other guys he did this too but this ball player killed him.
Maybe hew felt he had to prove to his friends that he wasn't gay, and/or stupid?

Old 06-01-2022, 11:47 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Let's flip the cast of characters, with a case that I think is very common.

What if we had a case where a man tells a woman he is single in order for her to agree to perform sexual acts. When that woman finds out that he is married, at the moment she finds a heavy object and ends up killing him in a very gruesome way.

Is she not guilty because he is guilty of sexual assault since she would never have agreed to it if she knew he was married, or is she guilty of a crime?

If she was found guilty, how many "rights" organizations would be coming to her defense?

Old 06-01-2022, 11:47 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,508 times
He took a sexual predator off of the street. All heros dont wear capes or something.

Old 06-01-2022, 11:53 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021...rg-mans-death/

https://www.blackenterprise.com/form...a-tinder-date/

This was on a second visit a month after his first encounter. Punched him 5 times while upright and continued to punch and stomp when he was on the ground. Then fled the scene without notifying police.
That is a but surprising he got off then.

If you assume this was rape, because of the deceit, you can't track down a rapist on your own and brutally beat someone that bad.

Did they overcharge in the sense that he did not intend to murder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies