Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 01:50 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
But no matter what your situation is, it's always best to be honest and upfront about everything from the get go.

After all, do you really want someone who's only interested in you because they think you're someone that you're not?
Sage advice, but the reality is that it is not human nature at all. Everyone is trying to portray something they are not, to some extent. Social media just makes that worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 01:50 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If a woman marries a man who has a twin brother....

And that twin brother decides to impersonate the husband in order to trick his brother's wife into having sex with him.....

Is he guilty of rape?

He pretended to be someone he was not in order to get consent to sex under false pretenses.
If a man tells a woman he is a surgeon and makes 500K/year to talk her into having sex with him but in reality he is a nurses aid making 25K/year. Is he guilty of rape? He pretended to be someone he was not in order to get consent for sex?

If a man answers an online add to receive oral sex from a stranger. Allows the stranger to preform oral sex without attempting to even identify the appearance of the stranger. Then go back again to receive oral sex, is that really being deceived? Does it make the stranger a predator or just not 100% forthcoming.

If I order a diet coke and the waitress knowingly pours me regular coke but I like it and order another of the same........Then I look at the can more closely, get embarrassed and angry and bash her head in should I not be held responsible for her death?

Old 06-01-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Get paid $50 to get your knob polished? If it sounds too good to be true...
I have a hard time wrapping my head around that one too. And near-anonymous sex?
Maybe people should have some idea of who they are engaging in sex with, especially if they are paying you for being the recipient of sexual gratification. You have got to think there is a catch somewhere.

Old 06-01-2022, 01:57 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If a man tells a woman he is a surgeon and makes 500K/year to talk her into having sex with him but in reality he is a nurses aid making 25K/year. Is he guilty of rape? He pretended to be someone he was not in order to get consent for sex?

If a man answers an online add to receive oral sex from a stranger. Allows the stranger to preform oral sex without attempting to even identify the appearance of the stranger. Then go back again to receive oral sex, is that really being deceived? Does it make the stranger a predator or just not 100% forthcoming.

If I order a diet coke and the waitress knowingly pours me regular coke but I like it and order another of the same........Then I look at the can more closely, get embarrassed and angry and bash her head in should I not be held responsible for her death?
Getting the wrong coke equals rape? - I guess this is the slippery slope in action.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:04 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,430 times
Rape is without consent. A person cannot consent if they do not have all the information they need to consent.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Rape is without consent. A person cannot consent if they do not have all the information they need to consent.
What information do you need?
Do you want your knob polished, yes or no?

Old 06-01-2022, 02:08 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,878,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
The tech companies would disagree with you, each time you click “agree” on some terms of service. Ignorance is never an excuse to the law.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:09 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerDavos View Post
And you know this how? Guess who won't be pulling that shtick ever again!
When it first happened, reading the comments from his friends. He was an "out" gay male, not transgendered, and had a deep voice.

Anyone who is stupid enough to think a woman will pay him for this, and doesn't EVEN say hey are you Angie and expect a response, is stupid.

And violent.

And the public is at risk with this nutjob.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:12 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Getting the wrong coke equals rape? - I guess this is the slippery slope in action.
Cuz... Coke is the real thing !!! * Jovially said*.

On the subject of rape , I cannot fathom that act of violence and violation is gender specific. It can happen to any human of any age ...by the assailant to the victim (s).

So the subject of trans or gender identify is moot to this act of physical violation.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:13 PM

63 posts, read 24,865 times
I don't believe it qualifies as rape, but it most definitely qualifies as deception (which yes isn't a crime, but it could lead to crime). If someone wants to live the transgender life then great, by all means do so. But if you can pass for someone of the opposite gender to the average person, then it'd behoove you to be upfront and honest about your XX or XY chromosomal makeup before trying to deceive someone in an intimate setting. People have been killed for less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies