Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 11:20 PM

50,059 posts, read 46,593,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
"Federal law requires all airline passengers in the U.S. to wear a face mask in airports and on board."
This may be the most obvious post about this ever.

6 feet..............6 inches

Hilarious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 11:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,487,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
I care when my fellow Americans do idiotic things just because the government told them.

These people are going to grow up and run the country someday.

And I don't care if they are an inch from death, masks aren't going to stop viral transmission!
My God, just why, oh, why, paracord, do you absolutely refuse to accept as a matter of damned fact that the government requiring many small stores to close down did a hell of a lot more harm upon the economy of America than did the government requirement to wear masks? Did Wal-Mart or Target ever have to close down for long? No. But a lot of small businesses sure as hell did. Tell me something, paracord, do you NOT realize many small stores never reopened as a result? For instance, my favorite bar closed and doesn't look like it's going to reopen as a result.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:41 PM

30,132 posts, read 23,523,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
just read the last statement, it wins the stupid Olympics. In her/his/their world viruses that are in your body just fly out of them without having to attach themselves to larger saliva particles or mucus, the virus jus flies off like they are in the CDC hot zone.
I stand by what I said. And this idiotic post ^^^ proves what I said.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,487,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Yup... it's crazy. The mask mandate has been lifted in Illinois and many people are still wearing masks in Chicago... some are even wearing them outside! I saw a few kids the other day taking a field trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo and they were wearing masks outside!! It was like 90 out that day. That's just abuse.
The mask mandate was lifted in my city on May 14th. Yet, I don't understand why workers in my local fast food places are still wearing masks as of June 10. I guess it's a nation wide policy. It needs to end now!

Old 06-10-2021, 11:44 PM

30,132 posts, read 23,523,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
How magnanimous of you.

If you're walking around like a dunce, that's on you.

Do you know what a tampon is, how it's used, and what it does? Seems like you don't if you're comparing a face mask to a tampon.

You know what's really seriously dumb? Parroting the same false equivalency over and over again.
What's dumb is bleating 'Trump drug doesn't work! People are drinking bleach, haw, haw, haw'.

We used to make fun of the left by making memes about how if Trump discovered a cure for cancer, the idiotic left would be against it.

Turns out, we weren't far off the mark.

How many people did the left kill because they couldn't get the hell over their TDS?

Lefties have blood on their hands, but want to whine about people refusing to wear face diapers.

Pathetic bunch of shills.

Old 06-11-2021, 01:49 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,813,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
What's dumb is bleating 'Trump drug doesn't work! People are drinking bleach, haw, haw, haw'.

We used to make fun of the left by making memes about how if Trump discovered a cure for cancer, the idiotic left would be against it.

Turns out, we weren't far off the mark.

How many people did the left kill because they couldn't get the hell over their TDS?

Lefties have blood on their hands, but want to whine about people refusing to wear face diapers.

Pathetic bunch of shills.

I haven't killed anyone...yet...

I have, however, utterly annihilated two cars, a motorcycle (long story there) and more than 99 bottles of beer. Not all at the same time, though.

Old 06-11-2021, 02:39 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,929,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Compare transmission rates in high density APAC countries with strong pre-existing mask cultures(due to prior outbreaks) and high usage and get back to me.
Contrary to popular belief not everyone wear masks like that in East Asian countries. Those who were sick yes but not those who were not. I was actually surprised about that.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:06 AM

13,572 posts, read 9,586,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
If mandates have been eased or eliminated and people still opt to wear masks - why do you care? How does this impact you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
How is it impacting freedom if government is not requiring them and people choose to do so(and you speculate their reason)?
Society evolves according to choices made by the largest numbers. Those choices eventually impact options available to all. For example, because trucks and SUVs are so popular, those of us who prefer sedans or coupes have fewer options. Our choice of what to consume, is limited by the consumption-choices of others.

Markets reward mass-taste. If my choices happen to be unpopular and uncommon, they become more expensive to service. To give a trite and nugatory example, consider caviar... fish eggs. In America, caviar is uncommon. But imagine if no football tailgate party, office dinner party, Thanksgiving meal or evening-out, were to be considered to be complete, without caviar! Eventually Kroger and Ralphs and Wal-Mart would carry gallon-sized jars of caviar, at low prices. Millions of acres of water would be netted-off, to farm-raise sturgeon and whatnot, to harvest caviar at mass scales. Agri-labs might even rush to produce "artificial" caviar grown in petri dishes. As it is, I have to pay exorbitant prices for caviar, if I can even find it... all because most people, at least in America, don't like caviar, and the market for it is small. So yeah, I very much care about the personal tastes and choices of others!

If enough people keep wearing masks, stores or public establishments will have less reason to rescind their mask mandates. Masks will become integrated into mass-culture, to the point where not wearing masks would come to be viewed as uncouth, or outright insolent. Masks would return every winter, ostensibly to reduce incidence of flu. Masks would be worn as a sign of politeness, good sense, sophistication or moral rectitude.

Consider the long history of odd and uncomfortable fashion-trends... corsets, foot-binding and the like. These likely started as the free choice or whim of a certain few. But then they proliferated, and came to be expected.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:59 AM

37,043 posts, read 41,975,975 times
I found my first local eatery that doesn't require masks this week, right here in the Bay Area of all places! Some customers still wore them while waiting for their to-go orders but I didn't and either did any of the employees. It was awesome.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:56 AM

7,188 posts, read 3,393,215 times
I'm still not comfortable going anywhere without a mask on even though I'm fully vaccinated I'm thinking about getting another vaccine just to be doubly sure. Plus we have to do it for the children because they can't get vaccinated yet and we know that coronavirus is 100% fatal and I don't want to kill anyone by not wearing a mask. Anyone who disagrees is the right wing extremist insurrectionist who would have blood on their hands for not keeping everyone safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies