Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Exactly!
So everyone that owns a fast food joint in a big city is a Republican? Every business that mows lawns, trims trees in big cities is a Republican. I think you people are straight up wrong on so many levels. These Cities vote Dem. You might want to redo your math.

Take your emotion out of your decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 10:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So everyone that owns a fast food joint in a big city is a Republican? Every business that mows lawns, trims trees in big cities is a Republican. I think you people are straight up wrong on so many levels. These Cities vote Dem. You might want to redo your math.

Take your emotion out of your decisions.
I'm not seeing with emotion. I'm counting the people I actually know who seem to be hiring illegal workers.

Small businesses hire illegals, and the owners of small service businesses tend to be Republicans. Wealthy white women hire illegals as nannies and housekeepers.

It seems the right cries out that we need to secure the borders, while they're secretly hiring illegals and paying them less than the going rate for their labor.

We can absolutely figure out a way to check an SSN for legitimacy. It would not be hard to give potential employers a way to check SSN numbers against the name and age and gender of the SSN holder. But we don't have that in place, do we? Why? I know why.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:32 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It seems President Trump never fixed it. No wonder. A lot of Republicans and Democrat employers still want to employ illegal immigrants.
What's wrong with you people? So dense. Biden reversed what Trump has in place - stay in Mexico. It has been working great for years. Now the border is WIDE open and accepting everyone. People are flooding in and overwhelming the system. Where you been?

Old 06-10-2021, 10:34 PM

10,088 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not seeing with emotion. I'm counting the people I actually know who seem to be hiring illegal workers.

Small businesses hire illegals, and the owners of small businesses tend to be Republicans. Wealthy white women hire illegals as nannies and housekeepers.

It seems the right cries out that we need to secure the borders, while they're secretly hiring illegals and paying them less than the going rate for their labor.
Unbelievable! Wow! You know enough people in your little neck of the woods to make a generalization about the whole country. Just wow!

Old 06-10-2021, 10:39 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Unbelievable! Wow! You know enough people in your little neck of the woods to make a generalization about the whole country. Just wow!
Pay attention.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:48 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,138 times
Quote:
It's clear Kamalllaa isn't going to do her job.

This is a national security issue and our borders need to be protected. Are there no checks and balances for this administration for having wide open borders?

Can this administration do anything they want and not have to answer to anyone? This just doesn't seem right. We're all watching all the illegals swarm in day in and day out without anyone able to stop it.

We watch it happen and are disgusted by it but nothing we can do? There has to be something. Everyone begs for Kamallla to see what is going on so she can witness it but she refuses and wanes nothing to do with it.

At what point can something be done? Do we have to have a big terrorist attack first? A ton of our children kidnapped to be sex slaves? Double the number of drug addicts and deaths from fentanyl?
You mean to tell me, the high and mighty Kamula the great, FAILED, on her assignment, from the fuhrerbunker.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:49 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
What's wrong with you people? So dense. Biden reversed what Trump has in place - stay in Mexico. It has been working great for years. Now the border is WIDE open and accepting everyone. People are flooding in and overwhelming the system. Where you been?
Once again, why aren't people who are employing illegal immigrants getting in trouble more often? I'll at least give my locality credit where the owner/manager of a Mexican restaurant got in big trouble for smuggling in workers from Mexico. The Mexican restaurant is closed and still for sale. But this situation likely rarely happens across the country.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Huh? Do you ever go to Mexican owned restaurants and wonder how many of the workers barely able to speak English are working there legally? Do you ever observe roofers in your neighborhood and wonder from looking at them how many are actually legal? Maybe you don't, but I sure do!

Old 06-10-2021, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Small businesses hire illegals, and the owners of small service businesses tend to be Republicans. Wealthy white women hire illegals as nannies and housekeepers.

We can absolutely figure out a way to check an SSN for legitimacy. It would not be hard to give potential employers a way to check SSN numbers against the name and age and gender of the SSN holder. But we don't have that in place, do we? Why? I know why.
Exactly!

Old 06-10-2021, 11:11 PM

18,727 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Is there anything at all anyone can do to stop the border crisis?

Anyone?

Sure. Biden could un-rescind the Remain In Mexico policy, as well as the agreements we had with Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua et. al., and complete the wall.

But he won't do it, his handlers won't let him. So we're pretty much stuck.

Elections have consequences.

Mistakes in elections have even more consequences, as we are quickly finding out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies