Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 03:15 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Didn't you guys voted for Trump because you guys thought he was going to help you with the trade wars and protect your jobs???

He lowered regulations. That is why UE plummeted. Not that you care about the truth,

Don't you get tired of being wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 03:15 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Didn't you guys voted for Trump because you guys thought he was going to help you with the trade wars and protect your jobs???

I guess you'll have to run that question by other voters. I never felt it was the job of any president to protect my job or livelihood. That responsibility rests squarely on my shoulders. By the time someone is looking for government to solve their life's woes, it's likely too late, and too far gone.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:22 AM

7,361 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Why stop at 45%?

Old 06-13-2021, 01:23 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He lowered regulations. That is why UE plummeted. Not that you care about the truth,

Don't you get tired of being wrong?

Exactly. He helped some of y'all.

That's is exactly what I said.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:25 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I guess you'll have to run that question by other voters. I never felt it was the job of any president to protect my job or livelihood. That responsibility rests squarely on my shoulders. By the time someone is looking for government to solve their life's woes, it's likely too late, and too far gone.
I don't have to. It's right there in his slogan - America First. What does it mean if it isn't: I'm gonna help Americans first.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:59 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Why did you neglect to mention that the government would own 45% of the house?????

That's a pretty big deal that you left out of your post - the state is giving out as much as 45% for a 45% ownership of the property. It means the state would make money when the owner sells. That's not a bad deal at all when it comes to government spending. This would be one of a very few programs in government history that would be profitable.

Think about it, the state pays 45% of the cost, owns 45% of the house, but pays 0% of the insurance/maintenance/repair/renovation cost. That's a freakin sweet deal for the government the more I think about it.
To partially own your home ? No sweet deal at all as it only benefits one person...the homeowner.
Taxes are supposed to benefit "the many".

Old 06-13-2021, 06:33 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Sounds like what NYC did many years ago with run down apartment buildings. The city sold bonds to finance the project. The tenants could buy their apartment for next to nothing. They had 3 years to bring the building up to code. When the now owner sold, they had to give 1/2 the selling price to the city. The 2nd has to give 1/3 of the price to the city. Those nearly free apartments 25 years ago are now selling for 400K.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:09 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Why did you neglect to mention that the government would own 45% of the house?????

That's a pretty big deal that you left out of your post - the state is giving out as much as 45% for a 45% ownership of the property. It means the state would make money when the owner sells. That's not a bad deal at all when it comes to government spending. This would be one of a very few programs in government history that would be profitable.

Think about it, the state pays 45% of the cost, owns 45% of the house, but pays 0% of the insurance/maintenance/repair/renovation cost. That's a freakin sweet deal for the government the more I think about it.
Where will the government get the money to do this? Their taxpayer base is fleeing the leftist craziness.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:20 AM

9,870 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Nothing like a subsidized buyer to perpetuate inflation. Third party money spurs inflation period.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:20 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
wow, great... Soon the government will own everything... Just like in communist china. Just the way democrats like it. But do you see how they treat certain minorities in your blueprint for future america???

When i took civics class, one of the points that was mentioned repeatedly was it's not the government's job to make money. That's our job. Government just skims off the top and makes do with what they can scavenge. Of course, that was over a decade ago and a lot has changed since politicians started messing with the formula.
qft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies