Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2021, 08:58 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Fauci is a flip-flopper (read liar)

March 2020 - Fauci Says Coronavirus May Disappear Like SARS, But 'Spreads Too Efficiently'

Aug 2020 - Fauci Says Coronavirus Won't Go 'Spontaneously' on Its Own, After Trump Claims It's 'Disappearing'

This from someone who is supposedly an expert in this for decades.

Trump agreed with what Fauci said in March, and then Fauci needed to be contradictory to Trump - which ended up contradicting himself.
I think you need to read the articles you posted. Fauci did not flip flop. I really hope you are just trolling b/c that would be better than not understanding. Although, I suspect, anyone attempting to explain it to you would be like talking to a brick wall. Or, a waste of time. Sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2021, 09:04 AM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Fauci is coated in politics...even going way back.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:45 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Dude - Fauci has worked on coronaviruses for decades. He didn't learn anything new.

I actually believe his first assessment was correct.

You can believe anything you want, IF you want to make statements put forth as fact such as "He didn't learn anything new." you're gonna have to supply credible evidence supporting that statement. So far you haven't.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:46 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What is with the far-right and their obsession with Fauci? It's pretty weird.
Who is the "far-right" you wrote of? Let's see some names. Labels are meaningless these days.

As for me, the guy's an unelected, career bureaucrat with an incredible amount of power. He's precisely the type of government employee we're supposed to be against existing in the first place.

The bigger question is, why do you support him? He doesn't know crap. He waits for the TV news to get a story going, then a day or two later they'll interview him and ask him about it, and he feeds them (and you) the same stuff they've been saying for the last two days. You seriously haven't noticed that? He never really says anything new or which hasn't already been established as "the truth" by The Narrative.

Seriously. There are action figures and board games about the guy. People wear t-shirts with his face on it. SOME HAVE EVEN GOTTEN HIS FACE TATTOOED ON THEIR BODY.

The question isn't why we don't respect the guy. The question is, why do you?

Old 07-19-2021, 09:50 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Fauci the Fraud.

He's in it for the Monies.

Old 07-19-2021, 09:52 AM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What is with the far-right and their obsession with Fauci? It's pretty weird.
No obsession. Fauci plastered himself all over the news and social media with his "advice" which changed with the wind.

You are free to believe all the stories. Others see the changing storylines as seeds of doubt.

Has Fauci mentioned herd immunity lately ? Seems that topic is long gone from any media now.

BTW I'm a Libertarian and think Fauci is a political puppet.

Last edited by TMSRetired; 07-19-2021 at 10:01 AM..

Old 07-19-2021, 10:00 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You can believe anything you want, IF you want to make statements put forth as fact such as "He didn't learn anything new." you're gonna have to supply credible evidence supporting that statement. So far you haven't.
If credible evidence really mattered to you, you wouldn't have believed Trump/Russia collusion for all of these years.

So I won't waste my time with you.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:44 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Dude, the world changed so drastically from March to August - we learned much about Covid by August that we didn't know back in March. This is seriously the best you can do??!
US conservatives have a really hard time with the idea of adding new information to one's worldview. Hence their quest for unquestionable authority - the Bible, the US constitution, the comfortable illusion that the country is the best at everything, someone like Former Guy who'll tell them what they want to hear at all times, even if it's contradicted by their own eyes and ears.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:47 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I think it's the need to contradict Trump that's the issue here.
Last year, you'd get deleted for suggesting the virus came from a lab.
Now, we think it's at least possible the virus may have.... come from a lab.
Having an opinion is a great and wonderful thing, we should encourage them not silence them.
Fauci has been playing the same game as Big Tech and the media, who are nothing but a bunch of shameless shysters who should never be listened to at this point.
And people wonder why we don’t trust them

Old 07-19-2021, 10:50 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
US conservatives have a really hard time with the idea of adding new information to one's worldview. Hence their quest for unquestionable authority - the Bible, the US constitution, the comfortable illusion that the country is the best at everything, someone like Former Guy who'll tell them what they want to hear at all times, even if it's contradicted by their own eyes and ears.
I would say you described the American left perfectly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies