Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 08:15 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The comments of inarticulate Mel Gibson is antisemitic. Name one antisemitic quote but Omar, AOC and Talib.
All About The Benjamins’: Ilhan Omar’s Tweet Criticized By Both Republicans and Dems As Anti-Semitic

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/70090...-anti-semitism

She accused Rep. McCarthy of taking money from AIPAC, without revealing what her evidence was. Rep. McCarthy denied receiving money from AIPAC, and AIPAC denied giving money to Rep. McCarthy. There is no public record of FBI investigating this event. Later, Omar half apologized, proved that she had no evidence.

What makes this antisemitism is the only organization she accused is run primarily by American Jews. She did not accuse any other organizations of giving money to influence people. This is an example of double standards - holding Jews to a different standard than all other people and condemning them for something you let slide for everyone else.

Here is another one,

Rep. Ilhan Omar defends 2012 tweet accusing Israel of ‘hypnotizing the world’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/rep-il...ing-the-world/

She is not the only one, Joe Biden also apologized for using 'Shylocks'

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/...eaction-111053

All these being said, of course nobody really knows what is in someone else's heart. If she were to come out and says, "I hate Jews." That would obviate the need to look inside her heart. That's why recognizing
Antisemitism remarks is important.

I have a college professor who is a Jew. She is a liberal Jew if you care to know. My grandpa's business partner is a conservative Jew. Both of them taught me the "3D" definition of antisemitism. (.. because I asked and am interested in history and other people's culture, religion.) You can google it you want, it is all over the internet.

1.Demonization : refers to the portrayal of certain groups as evil, demonic, or satanic

2. Delegitimizes Jews, or Israel, by claiming they are not really descended from the ancient Israelites

3. Double standard The last "D" refers to the application of different sets of principles on similar situations. If a person criticizes Israel and only Israel on certain issues, but chooses to ignore similar situations conducted by other countries they are performing a double standard policy against Israel

The 3D test has been adopted officially by many countries and NGOs, including the UK government, the UK labour party, and the US state departments, and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Ds_of_antisemitism

Old 06-13-2021, 08:23 AM

5,979 posts, read 2,234,421 times
Well people wanted Religion in schools and politics, you got it. No one ever promised it would be one YOU support did they?

The door was opened for Religious nut jobs of all sides to enter public life when the PEOPLE of this country decided separation of Church and State was NOT a good idea. The last 20-30 years people have been clamoring to get God and Religion back into schools and Government without thinking about the ramifications.

We need more separation of Church and State which includes booting the bible thumpers too. You cannot reason or argue against someone who only requires Belief to vote for a bill instead of evidence or factual information.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:39 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,501,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Are you talking about the shooter in Austin? The police did give a description, and the media carried it except one local media outlet.

And yes, honestly, when I see a swastika tolerated that sends chills down my spine, and I think it's SHOCKING. So a swastika beats someone who has a beef with policies carried out by the state of Israel, hands down.
Of course a swastika is worse. But that’s my point: why does the antisemitism, or behavior that inflames antisemitism, have to drop down to the Hitler era before liberals will stop defending it?

A Hatfield-hating McCoy on the school board, where there are hate incidents against innocent Hatfield school children, should not go on a public venue to spew her venom that fuels more hate against Hatfields. She needs to stay indifferent on a public venue.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Well people wanted Religion in schools and politics, you got it. No one ever promised it would be one YOU support did they?

The door was opened for Religious nut jobs of all sides to enter public life when the PEOPLE of this country decided separation of Church and State was NOT a good idea. The last 20-30 years people have been clamoring to get God and Religion back into schools and Government without thinking about the ramifications.

We need more separation of Church and State which includes booting the bible thumpers too. You cannot reason or argue against someone who only requires Belief to vote for a bill instead of evidence or factual information.
Who said I wanted religion in the schools? I most certainly do not. And why attack ME rather than the woman inflaming antisemitic attitudes who SERVES ON THE SCHOOL BOARD in a county where antisemitism against Jewish children is in the rise?

Nice way of deflecting. Try again.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:50 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,622 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Of course a swastika is worse. But that’s my point: why does the antisemitism, or behavior that inflames antisemitism, have to drop down to the Hitler era before liberals will stop defending it?

A Hatfield-hating McCoy on the school board, where there are hate incidents against innocent Hatfield school children, should not go on a public venue to spew her venom that fuels more hate against Hatfields. She needs to stay indifferent on a public venue.
Well, MY point is, if you're going to point fingers at political parties for having antisemitic members, the democrats come in second place. You can call out this one woman on a school board somewhere or other, and claim she's antisemitic, but to state that liberals in general are the biggest problem is just disingenuous.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
All About The Benjamins’: Ilhan Omar’s Tweet Criticized By Both Republicans and Dems As Anti-Semitic

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/07/70090...-anti-semitism

She accused Rep. McCarthy of taking money from AIPAC, without revealing what her evidence was. Rep. McCarthy denied receiving money from AIPAC, and AIPAC denied giving money to Rep. McCarthy. There is no public record of FBI investigating this event. Later, Omar half apologized, proved that she had no evidence.

What makes this antisemitism is the only organization she accused is run primarily by American Jews. She did not accuse any other organizations of giving money to influence people. This is an example of double standards - holding Jews to a different standard than all other people and condemning them for something you let slide for everyone else.

Here is another one,

Rep. Ilhan Omar defends 2012 tweet accusing Israel of ‘hypnotizing the world’

https://www.timesofisrael.com/rep-il...ing-the-world/

She is not the only one, Joe Biden also apologized for using 'Shylocks'

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/...eaction-111053

All these being said, of course nobody really knows what is in someone else's heart. If she were to come out and says, "I hate Jews." That would obviate the need to look inside her heart. That's why recognizing
Antisemitism remarks is important.

I have a college professor who is a Jew. She is a liberal Jew if you care to know. My grandpa's business partner is a conservative Jew. Both of them taught me the "3D" definition of antisemitism. (.. because I asked and am interested in history and other people's culture, religion.) You can google it you want, it is all over the internet.

1.Demonization : refers to the portrayal of certain groups as evil, demonic, or satanic

2. Delegitimizes Jews, or Israel, by claiming they are not really descended from the ancient Israelites

3. Double standard The last "D" refers to the application of different sets of principles on similar situations. If a person criticizes Israel and only Israel on certain issues, but chooses to ignore similar situations conducted by other countries they are performing a double standard policy against Israel

The 3D test has been adopted officially by many countries and NGOs, including the UK government, the UK labour party, and the US state departments, and others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Ds_of_antisemitism
Thank you so much for your articulate, well-cited, and on-target response to the liberal above who STILL is denying that Omar and Tlaib are antisemites. I question whether she is defending them because a) they are members of a liberal protected group (Muslims), or b) the target of their prejudice are Jews, for whom liberals reveal high tolerance of antisemitism.

Thank you also for your 3D definition. I’ve reported on that elsewhere myself, but it falls in deaf ears - maybe because I’m Jewish and it gets turned around to me to stomp playing the Jew victim card - so I really appreciate when a Christian woman reports on this.

One more point. A Muslim was elected to a local liberal district, even though he tweeted that giving money to Israel as evil as giving money to the KKK. That meets the “delegitimizing” of the 3 Ds.

Old 06-13-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, MY point is, if you're going to point fingers at political parties for having antisemitic members, the democrats come in second place.
Hardly, although that’s the claim the liberals keep coming back to. What elected Republican wore a swastika? We are talking about how liberals ELECT antisemites to public office, and then defend them when they reveal their bigotry.

And studies have shown that there are just as many antisemites on the left as the right, if not more. Just look at the million of Jew-haters who follow Farrakhan! When he speaks at a 10,000-seat venue, tickets sell out fast.

Also - you are deflecting. We are talking about how there is a Muslim, anti-Israel elected official perpetuating antisemitism and making things worse for innocent Jewish schoolchildren. But since she wasn’t wearing a swastika, you’re OK with that.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:05 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Thank you so much for your articulate, well-cited, and on-target response to the liberal above who STILL is denying that Omar and Tlaib are antisemites. I question whether she is defending them because a) they are members of a liberal protected group (Muslims), or b) the target of their prejudice are Jews, for whom liberals reveal high tolerance of antisemitism.

Thank you also for your 3D definition. I’ve reported on that elsewhere myself, but it falls in deaf ears - maybe because I’m Jewish and it gets turned around to me to stomp playing the Jew victim card - so I really appreciate when a Christian woman reports on this.

One more point. A Muslim was elected to a local liberal district, even though he tweeted that giving money to Israel as evil as giving money to the KKK. That meets the “delegitimizing” of the 3 Ds.
You are welcome. Thank YOU for teaching us how to spot Antisemitism. Learned a lot just by reading these posts.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You are welcome. Thank YOU for teaching us how to spot Antisemitism. Learned a lot just by reading these posts.
Thank you so much.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:19 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
[snip]
As I said before, there is a lot of tolerance from liberals for those who perpetuate antisemitism (and on a school board yet!) while they jump into battle mode when even a hint of something that could be seen as offensive to blacks appears in the scene (like Aunt Jemima syrup).

Liberals have very different standards when it comes to tolerating behavior that leads to anti-Jew feelings and ones that lead to anti-black feelings. There’s a suspect in California right now for whom the police won’t give a description because they said it might perpetuate racial stereotypes.
I don't always agree with you on what's anti-semitic, but I agree on the double standard for Israel and the point you made above about how quick liberals are to hurl accusations when it comes to comments or policy positions about groups other than Jews. There are too many examples to bother with how quickly accusations of racism are made.

Support a wall or limiting Muslim immigration --- Xenophobic and Islamophobic.

Agree with a Christian business owner who won't provide services to a same sex marriage --- Homophobic, Bigot, Hater.

Understand why a male teacher would refuse to monitor a bathroom with biological females or shower facility or question transgender females competing against biological females --- Transphobic and anti LGBTQ+ rights.

Favor limits on abortion --- Misogynistic and Sexist.

The list goes on.

The sensitivity to groups' identity, 'inclusiveness,' and intersectionality seems to apply more to groups other than to Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies