Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2021, 09:42 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
“Misunderstood youth that don’t know any better that never did anything wrong in their lives”.
It was just lots of bad luck that gave them rap sheets miles long.
"He's a good boy" is what his mama will tell the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 09:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Eh, that's most inner cities in America at this point.
True, but Sixth St. rolls out the carpet Bourbon St-style. They close the road to all street traffic and it invites a vast amount of two-lane-wide chaos.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:44 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
It was just lots of bad luck that gave them rap sheets miles long.
"He's a good boy" is what his mama will tell the media.
Don’t forget their eighth grade graduation photo!

Old 06-13-2021, 09:51 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Austin, TX is in trouble.

Movement to defund the Police
Super Homeless problems, either camps all over town.
Radical City leadership
Now a mass shooting, 13 shot, 2 in critical condition.
A mass wild spraying. How do you hit 15 targets and not kill anyone ... in particular the targets you were aiming at? I swear we need free handgun training for at-risk youth. Seems dem run cities can't stop them from shooting but least they'll hit their targets and be less likely to take out bystanders.

Quote:
At the end of the day …. Texas is NOT California and Austin Citizens DON’T want to be like the disaster Cities in California..
While I used to think this was true, I now realize it was only wishful thinking. In truth Austin citizens want exactly what they voted for ... Little San Francisco but with heat. The citizens are responsible for this, not the Marxist a**holes they voted for.

Quote:
Austin can either follow Texas Law or they will be controlled by the State Government. Anarchy is not going to be allowed.
That's the only saving grace. It seems Greg Abbott is determined to block as much as he can of the measures coming from the Austin People's Liberation Council.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:52 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Don’t forget their eighth grade graduation photo!
Yup. That's the Fake News' M.O.

Old 06-13-2021, 02:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm beginning to wonder if the shooter in custody is actually a juvenile. NO news outlets are commenting on his identity, and the cops have refused to ID him.
Yep. Sure enough. It's a juvenile. Which in Texas means under 17. No word on second possible suspect.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/lo...8-a52affd024ed

Old 06-13-2021, 03:54 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Pretty sad too as I remember 6th street from the mid 90's (when I first moved to Austin).
"Live Music Capital of the World".
I remember Austin from the early 70’s when the World Armadillo Headquarters essentially invented “The Austin Sound”, Willie showed up in 1972 and Austin City Limits began. Marsha Ball was playing a rocking Piano every week at The Broken Spoke on South Lamar in a Country Band called Freda and the Firedogs - belting out Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline & Tammy Wynette.

We had a family member involved in the music scene and a couple of times a month would go to private parties with free food and beer …. We were with the band. Willie might be playing, we never knew for sure who would show up.

Today - I spend $7 to detour around Austin when I head South. Lunch at the City Market, but I do miss a Dan’s Hamburger.

Austin Citizens have already voted against the homeless camps. Governor will take over Policing if the City tries to defund & even worse for the City is they can lose an annexed property for the last 30 years.

Old 06-13-2021, 04:05 PM

7,354 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Suspects shouldn't even be identified by anything because we don't even know what pronouns they may use and we don't want to assume their gender.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:13 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boriquense View Post
You can't be safe anywhere in America these days, unfortunately.
Reasonable people need to really consider what is more likely to be safe. Always have an exist plan or what you would do if/when the shooting starts.

Old 06-13-2021, 05:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Sadly, a 25 year old man vacationing in Austin from New York died this afternoon of gunshot wounds.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/lo...8-a52affd024ed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies