Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 07:47 PM

17,605 posts, read 6,894,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Plenty of mass shootings last year and the year before that an so on
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...States_in_2020

"Gun violence and gun crime has, in particular, risen drastically, with over 19,000 people killed in shootings and firearm-related incidents in 2020. That’s the highest death toll in over 20 years,"
https://time.com/5922082/2020-gun-vi...s-record-year/
In other words, you only care about gun violence if you can use it to attack conservatives. Thanks but we knew that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 08:12 PM

1,153 posts, read 630,306 times
B-B-But CNN told me Biden ended COVID, healed race relations, saved the economy, and speared us from reading mean tweets.

They wouldn't *gasp* LIE would they?

/sarcasm

Old 06-13-2021, 06:16 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,066,501 times
But Biden was suppose to make things better right? Nooe

Old 06-13-2021, 06:18 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
I didn't realize there were NO mass shootings when Trump was president.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:39 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And of course, the relentless quest of the republican party to place a semi-automatic in the hands of every man, woman, child, and infant in the United States had nothing to do with it"

You REALLY need to see that therapists, AGAIN!

"If I want entertainment in my small town"

"Simple minds are easily amused", as they say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"When I heard about all those little kids just murdered - shot dead - at the whim of some psychotic teenager who never should have been allowed to get his hands on a gun, I snapped"

"Obviousy I don't want to live in a nation that condones the slaughter of first and second graders in the name of self defense."

1 mad person goes berserk and you want to blame EVERY SANE gun owner.

Do ypu drive a car? Based on your philosophy, you should NOT considering how may cars "kill" people every year.

" I don't want to live in a nation that condones the slaughter of first and second graders in the name of self defense."

You admitted bad mental state has you seeing a boogeymen behind every door!

You DEFIANTLY need mental help!

" Did I mention that I'm a woman?"

Didn't have to.
Esteemed Sir:

First of all, I was NOT responding to you in my posts that you saw fit to quote. The forum member(s) to whom my replies were directed have been around for a while, and I very much doubt that they require anybody to rush to rescue them from me, and they certainly don't need YOU, of all people.

It is obvious that your interest in this subject only extends as far as name calling and making fun of those you happen to disagree with.

Next time around, I suggest you make more efficient use of your time by simply posting, "HOORAY FOR OUR SIDE!"

I will address two of your comments for the sake of anyone else who might happen to read this.

Send your strawman named "IwanttoblameEVERYSANEgunowner" back to the Wizard of OZ and demand a refund. According to VOX there have been 2,654 mass shootings since Sandy Hook. A total of 2,908 people were killed and 11,088 were wounded. And these statistics were only valid through the first half of 2020.

I blame those 2,654 psychopaths but even more, I blame all those supposedly sane gun owners with their NRA membership cards in their hip pockets and their gun collections which they will someday hold in their cold dead fingers if it's up to them.

Never, not once have I seen a republican in this forum come up with a single suggestion - even a small one - as to how we might stem the flow of mass shootings in this country. Instead, everyone gets treated to "Yer MaMa wears kombat boots" style of replies, of which your two posts above are sterling examples.

I don't know if you actually think that I DEFIANTLY need mental help, but I get a kick out of the very idea, anyway. You bet, I am boldly resistant or challenging to your diagnoses of my mental state. I am also daring, gutsy, insolent, insubmissive, insubordinate, mutinous, obstinate, provocative, rebellious, recalcitrant, reckless, refractory, resistant, resistive; and my all time favorite - SASSY!

(thanks to Thesaurus.com for the definition and synonyms)

Finally, I congratulate you on your ability to cut to the chase and see that my dainty, fluttery, and light minded posts indicate that I am Woman (hear me roar). Many if not most posters here often mistake me for a man unless I take the trouble to set them straight.

OK, Kid. Now run outside and play.

Sincerely,
Colorado Rambler

Old 06-13-2021, 09:48 AM

29,795 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

I blame those 2,654 psychopaths but even more, I blame all those supposedly sane gun owners with their NRA membership cards in their hip pockets and their gun collections which they will someday hold in their cold dead fingers if it's up to them.

So you are blaming responsible gun owners more than the people who actually are doing the killing? Yea, you do need mental help. And yes, responsible gun owners have every right to defend themselves and their homes/families from criminals who intend to do them harm. Taking away people's ability to defend themselves only makes them easier targets for blood thirsty criminals. We are not a nation of sitting ducks and sheep waiting to be bullied and slaughtered.

We will never comply with tyrants who seek to disarm, subjugate and lord over the population like children. If that is what you are seeking, there are plenty of other options to be found in this world. Some of them have lower rates of violence, but they tend to be the exception. The choice is yours. But disarming us is not one of those choices you get to make.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:54 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
The Pulse Nightclub shooting happened in Orlando on June, 12, 2016.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:31 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So you are blaming responsible gun owners more than the people who actually are doing the killing? Yea, you do need mental help. And yes, responsible gun owners have every right to defend themselves and their homes/families from criminals who intend to do them harm. Taking away people's ability to defend themselves only makes them easier targets for blood thirsty criminals. We are not a nation of sitting ducks and sheep waiting to be bullied and slaughtered.

We will never comply with tyrants who seek to disarm, subjugate and lord over the population like children. If that is what you are seeking, there are plenty of other options to be found in this world. Some of them have lower rates of violence, but they tend to be the exception. The choice is yours. But disarming us is not one of those choices you get to make.

Old 06-13-2021, 11:28 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The Pulse Nightclub shooting happened in Orlando on June, 12, 2016.
Yes it did. Which is neither here no there. And that attack was done by an Islamic terrorist. A similar shooting happened around the same time fame in CA where two Islamic terrorists, a man and woman were the perps. They had access to most any weapons they wanted. As will any other such persons who will commit such crimes in the US in the future. Further bans and restrictions that tie up firearms retailing where honest citizens do business for their firearms will NOT accomplish anything except to make hoplophobes happy with their neo Dem deities in congress and the White house.

Honestly I just feel like the whole country has lost its mind. This increase in violent crime involving fleabags with guns is certainly cringe worthy. But I don't choose to react to it with abject fear and yowling for the federal or state governments to "do something" about it. Something like what? Pass more laws that infringe on people like me that do NOT own firearms for nefarious purpose? There is NOTHING that government can do to stop or even stem criminals and wackos from obtaining firearms.

I have all the firearms I need but there are still a couple I wish to add to the inventory just cuz .And one of the firearms I currently have goes with me whither I goest. That is how I choose to deal with increased violent crime. Via preparedness as best I can. Not cowering behind the shadow of government pleading with it to protect me. Via situational awareness, proper mindset, my decades of training and practice, and last but not last being myself well armed. A noted fiearms and self defense teacher once said the first rule of a gunfight is have a gun. Simple , direct and most importantly quite true.

I will not yield any of the weapons I currently own even if the government bans them and calls for them to be surrendered. All but one weapon I currently own ae on the most hated by hoplophobes list. And they can continue to despise them and/or support or even succeed in banning them or requiring I register them. Neither of which I will comply with. I will continue to be well armed and rpepared. I'm like most all legal non criminal firearms owners. I just want to be left alone. Not berated, harassed, insulted, made a pariah of, and told I will be forced to comply with the desires opinions and mindset of the neo Dem lunatic left. Just leave me and the hundreds of millions like me alone. We have NO intent of inflicting harm on innocent people. We will however inflict grievous harm on anyone with such intent should it be within our ability to do so.

I'm not living in some Hollyweird John Wick fantasy world. I and a huge number like me are quite practical and steeped in reality. We know that even being armed does not make our ability to stop a madman or armed criminal. A mas shooting happened right here in the smallish city I am now moving away from not so long ago. The perp had an AK and was hosing down a restaurant. There was a patron with his family who was armed as it happened but he never drew his weapon. The newsies interviwed him and lambasted him for his "failure to act." Ummm,...yeah. With the gunman shielded by frightened and people in a state of panic he should have drawn and opened fire? No, he assessed the situation and got his family to safety. A safe spot that if the gunman did approach him and offer a clear shot he would have shot him dead. The guy acted properly. Yet The newsies wanted to scarify him and use his vey proper actions to beat the drum to disarm him and all like him because "See! Being armed yourself does nothing!" No it doesn't all the time.

But there are most certainly ar a LOT of times it does. You just don't see that splashed all over the anti firearms "news" media. Doesn't fit their narrative and agenda attached to it. The organization I worked with as an instructor for a long time had the exact situation I described above set up on the live fire course for training and certification. I t was a shoot/don't shoot test of judgement. There was no way to engage the bad guy without hitting an innocent. Something I will add that cops don't have to sweat. But we armed citizens certainly do. So it ever was so shall it always be.

Old 06-13-2021, 12:27 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
The killers are sociopaths and do not/can not comply with the most basic rules of the society around them. "Responsible" gun owners have the ability to look at the current situation at least somewhat intelligently and contemplate the terrible price in lives that we pay for our hyped up on steroids American gun culture.

If conservatives are so very scared that a bad guy is going to invade their home, a state of the art security system works as well if not better than a gun. And what about elementary school children who keep getting targeted and killed by a never ending parade of psychopaths? A child's ability to defend itself is a moot point. Kindergartener's lack the skill and the ability to whip semi-automatics out of their desks when evil comes to pay a visit.

Republican's response to this is to arm the teachers. Seriously? How many kids are going to get caught in the crossfire if one of these events occurs. Plus, your typical school shooter is far more proficient in the use of deadly weapons than most elementary school teachers could ever dream of being.

And as an aside, I continue to be amused whenever one of you gun lover types start whining about your opponent's need for "mental help." This tells me that you are unable to come up with any coherent argument, so you are forced to engage in name calling in an attempt to deflect the real questions.

Quote:
Why do conservatives keep using that same bass ackwards retort claiming that I and everyone else who wants to end gun violence is seeking a happy life under a tyrant? If I enjoyed bowing down to tyrants, I'd keep my mouth shut and succumb quietly to the various tyrannies that you conservatives wish to inflict on us all.

I am both a realist and a pragmatist. The idea that a rag tag militia could best the USA's military forces without access to all the sophisticated weaponry, including the top secrets weapons of mass destruction, the most innovative and modern aircraft, tanks, etc., etc that any US Military Commander has at his immediate disposal is simply ludicrous. Have you ever even served in one of the branches of our military?

The American Revolution was more than 250 years ago. In case you haven't noticed, there have been many changes since then. I am a proud Army brat. My Dad was an officer in the United States Army for 30 years and fought for our Country in three wars. I still have many friends who are either veterans or active duty. In fact a former US Army Artillery Sargent just wandered by in search of a sandwich, so I asked him, "Could a citizen's militia armed with automatic weaponry be able to overrun you and your unit?"

He started laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies