Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2021, 08:38 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,145,849 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-ownership.amp

There you have it. One major reason for these crazy housing prices.
Interesting at the end they mention these firms are part of the corporate cabal that is pushing more immigration at all costs.

Another reason to just love mass immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 09:55 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Yeah, I read about this today too.

Its kind of scary that investment companies are buying up single family homes in order to rent them out to people. Sounds like it is going to increasingly drive up prices and price many people out of ever owning their own home, especially in already expensive areas. I think it said that they already are buying a quarter of the homes being sold!

Having said that, I am not sure what can be done about it. Limiting excessive population growth might help.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:13 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Investor groups have been selling funds with real estate holdings that produce income. A fad in investing right now is the client/investors join a fund that uses rental income to give it's holders/members a percentage of the rent. Some of these funds are offering double digit monthly returns based on original investment/principal.

Old 06-12-2021, 11:41 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
If I was in charge I'd break up all the large entities buying up residential single family real estate and pass laws preventing it. I'm not a pure free market no regulations capitalist.. you need to keep the power of corporations in check as you do the power of government. They are often both too big for their own good.

Old 06-13-2021, 01:37 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...-ownership.amp

There you have it. One major reason for these crazy housing prices.
Interesting at the end they mention these firms are part of the corporate cabal that is pushing more immigration at all costs.

Another reason to just love mass immigration.

I disagree completely. Blackrock and other investment firms are all about the number - if it work they will buy if it doesn't they will move on to another house. They are not in the business of overpaying. They let other people do that. If I want to buy a house, there is no way Blackrock would want the house more than I do. For me it's personal, for them it's business.

People who are driving up housing prices are young couple with a baby on the way, parents with kids who need to get in to the right school district, etc. I know if I run up against any buyers in those category I will not be able to compete. They will come up with the money even if it means they have to sell blood or rob a bank.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
If I was in charge I'd break up all the large entities buying up residential single family real estate and pass laws preventing it. I'm not a pure free market no regulations capitalist.. you need to keep the power of corporations in check as you do the power of government. They are often both too big for their own good.
There should be enough laws in place. If one company is dominating a local market in that market might they be violating somekind of anti-trust laws. Also if one knows a bank, firm or investor bought a house and you see obvious code violation turn them in. They can afford to fix it and don't want carrying costs to build up.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:32 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Investor groups have been selling funds with real estate holdings that produce income. A fad in investing right now is the client/investors join a fund that uses rental income to give it's holders/members a percentage of the rent. Some of these funds are offering double digit monthly returns based on original investment/principal.
Nothing says legit and sustainable like double digit monthly returns.

Old 06-13-2021, 09:16 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Scary. A nation of serfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxdx1buMRqk

Old 06-13-2021, 10:18 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,363,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I disagree completely. Blackrock and other investment firms are all about the number - if it work they will buy if it doesn't they will move on to another house. They are not in the business of overpaying. They let other people do that. If I want to buy a house, there is no way Blackrock would want the house more than I do. For me it's personal, for them it's business.

People who are driving up housing prices are young couple with a baby on the way, parents with kids who need to get in to the right school district, etc. I know if I run up against any buyers in those category I will not be able to compete. They will come up with the money even if it means they have to sell blood or rob a bank.

Lol your opinion is actually funny it's so far out of reality.

Old 06-13-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nothing says legit and sustainable like double digit monthly returns.
Some 'funds' were offering returns as high as 18% month, I've even heard 22%. There are a lot of etfs and mutual funds trying to mimic the samething off of apartment buildings. This might be what BlackRock is doing as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies