Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 10:38 AM

2,369 posts, read 898,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
At the minimum, China should:

1) forgive all debt - I believe it’s a trillion
2) reimburse everyone for the Chinese masks they bought - 300 million x 100 disposable masks = 30 billion
3) cover the cost of the stimulus #1 and #2 - $4 trillion
The debt is about 1 trillion now, down from 1.6 trillion only a few months ago. China is gradually selling US treasury bonds because of default risk. They aim to reduce it even further.

As for the masks, I think most people did not buy Chinese masks. This was something Trump did that was very good. Early on he made sure we would not be dependent on Chinese supply of masks. We must be self-sufficient on medical supplies in a national emergency. Even while Fauci was saying masks don't help, Trump was already having US factories make masks and ventilators.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 10:39 AM

37,674 posts, read 21,803,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Biden tried to get the G-7 countries to issue some hard line language to China, they refused.
Cuz talk is cheap. Biden will play lip service to serious issues, and then pretend that "the book is closed on that one."

Old 06-14-2021, 10:40 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,202,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The intelligence communities who supply the President with his information?
They are not elected and they do not inform or speak in public unless to Congress- which is often closed door. They rarely hold press conferences.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:42 AM

2,953 posts, read 982,867 times
Quote:
Biden doesn’t know where cheese comes from. He’s hardly an appropriate spokesperson on the topic of ... anything.
He knows where his 3:00 pm pudding cups come from ... Susan Rice. If he's good i.e, memorizes 'his' new executive orders correctly, doesn't answer questions or squint and stutter into the camera like a stunned buffalo then she brings him his pudding and a napkin. He knows that much.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:42 AM

37,674 posts, read 21,803,307 times
Quote:
The intelligence communities who supply the President with his information?
yup, that's the people who gave us the Trump-Russia collusion hoax, and convinced the nation Saddam has WMDs. I'm so glad our intelligence communities are reliable and not politically partisan. Phew, what if the opposite were true?

Old 06-14-2021, 10:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,456,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
They are not elected and they do not inform or speak in public unless to Congress- which is often closed door. They rarely hold press conferences.
With Mumbles the Clown at the helm it may be in our best interest to allow someone with sharper mental acuity to speak on behalf of the country.

That’s the meanest thing I’ve ever said or will say about our President. I believe in respecting the office. But every time he opens his mouth I just cringe. He belongs in a rocking chair with his grandchildren, enjoying life.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:47 AM

2,953 posts, read 982,867 times
Quote:
With Mumbles the Clown at the helm it may be in our best interest to allow someone with sharper mental acuity to speak on behalf of the country.

That’s the meanest thing I’ve ever said or will say about our President. I believe in respecting the office. But every time he opens his mouth I just cringe. He belongs in a rocking chair with his grandchildren, enjoying life.
He belongs on a wide front porch in Shady Acres Rest Home, Boca Raton Fl. Sitting in a nice rocker wearing institutional green paper slippers. Again ... fiber at 10:00, pudding at 3:00, Matlock re-runs at 6:00 then bed.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:50 AM

18,566 posts, read 10,489,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Your post is what is called "deflection".
Your post is what is called................. trump parroting.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:51 AM

17,639 posts, read 13,457,938 times
Quote:

No doubt. Biden has dementia like nobody has ever seen before.

As for the "evidence that COVID came from the Wuhan lab...it's mostly based on the fact that a couple of researchers got sick in November before the outbreak occurred. However, there is also research that indicates that COVID was spreading undetected at that time throughout that area.

https://health.ucsd.edu/news/release...han-china.aspx

Quote:
Using molecular dating tools and epidemiological simulations, researchers at University of California San Diego School of Medicine, with colleagues at the University of Arizona and Illumina, Inc., estimate that the SARS-CoV-2 virus was likely circulating undetected for at most two months before the first human cases of COVID-19 were described in Wuhan, China in late-December 2019.

So it IS possible that the lab workers may have gotten it from the community at large. Not likely, but possible.

What cracks me up is all the right wingers who INSIST that these guys got sick in the lab who refuse to admit that Herman Cain likely got sick at the Trump rally in Tulsa.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:52 AM

18,566 posts, read 10,489,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Maybe you should have actually listened to what Biden said.

Of course no one denies that the virus came from China. What Biden said is that we don't know if it came from bats or other species through a wild animal meat market, or if it was the product of a laboratory experiment. That question is completely up in the air as of now.
Common sense. Absolutely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies