Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 09:25 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If you think that they had an honest accident, why would you punish them for it? Why are you advocating for a diplomatic and military escalation, when you yourself state you believe it was unintentional.

1. If it was an honest mistake, it should not be a reason to enter into a war stance, which is what #3 implies
2. You also state yourself, these are all assumptions. The fact is we still don't know what happened.

People and countries make mistakes all the time. We should determine if it was a mistake at all, then if it was, was it intentional, negligent, or completely an honest mistake. Each one deserves a different response.
Even if the release of a bioweapon was accidental, they were developing bioweapons for future use. Their state-sponsored press has called for the country to prepare for nuclear war with the U.S. Their military leaders have for years made comments that they are planning for war with us and consider us an enemy. This from a country actively engaged in genocide domestically and aggressive actions elsewhere. You don't let the 21st century Third Reich grow in military power and let it decide when to strike in the future when it is at peak strength. You crush it early. As the Nazis should have been when they re-armed and violated the treaty ending WWI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 09:33 AM

6,113 posts, read 3,344,280 times
I have known without a shadow of doubt, for over a year now, that the virus was man made from the lab.

What’s new is that I now believe it was released intentionally by the Chinese. But before we start demonizing the Chinese, understand that it’s possible that elements of our own government colluded with them, in order to oust Trump. Both sides of the aisle.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:36 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
There are huge differences between:

A. A virus being studied accidentally escaped a lab.

B. A virus being studied was intentionally released from a lab.

C. A virus was engineered as a bioweapon and accidentally escaped a lab.

D. A virus was engineered as a bioweapon and was intentionally released from a lab.

My money is on A, if the lab turns out to be the ultimate source of the infections. As you correctly point out, it happens.

That said this RedState "article" is chock-full of unnamed "sources", so.....
the only problem is, if it was A, then why haven't the Chinese already come clean on it?

Old 06-14-2021, 10:02 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I have known without a shadow of doubt, for over a year now, that the virus was man made from the lab.

What’s new is that I now believe it was released intentionally by the Chinese. But before we start demonizing the Chinese, understand that it’s possible that elements of our own government colluded with them, in order to oust Trump. Both sides of the aisle.
I fully support this conspiracy theory. I mean, you just said what we all know in our hearts, but were afraid to say it.

Old 06-14-2021, 10:44 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
What I find amazing is, how many people want to give China the benefit of the doubt. They still our intellectual property, buy off our politicians and corporations, engineer bio weapons and we STILL trust then? It's astounding how brainwashed people are in this country.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
the only problem is, if it was A, then why haven't the Chinese already come clean on it?
Becuase they don't want to admit any wrongdoing, accidentally or otherwise, ever.

...The absolute concern over saving face (sometimes taken to the extreme) has truly remained a cultural phenomenon unique to Chinese people, and today it's one of the few social elements left that is still inextricably linked with Chinese traditions that are thousands of years old...

https://www.echinacities.com/china-n...ut-Saving-Face

Old 06-14-2021, 11:24 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post

It's good things are getting to this point.

The next level is dealing with how it was proliferated around the world.

If multiple countries were colluding together on this bioweapon - it's not a far stretch to believe the Wuhan laboratory wasn't the only lab containing this stuff.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 06-14-2021 at 11:37 AM..

Old 06-14-2021, 11:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What I find amazing is, how many people want to give China the benefit of the doubt. They still our intellectual property, buy off our politicians and corporations, engineer bio weapons and we STILL trust then? It's astounding how brainwashed people are in this country.
I had the same question of Trump and his base on Russia. It's a fair point.

But right now, we don't even know for sure it was a man-made virus. We certainly don't know that it was intentionally released. As Americans, we believe in innocent until proven guilty. That does not mean we turn a blind eye, it simply means that we don't convict people (or countries) based on feelings and emotions. We are a nation of facts. Let's get the facts, and then decide what to do.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:44 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
I had the same question of Trump and his base on Russia. It's a fair point.

But right now, we don't even know for sure it was a man-made virus. We certainly don't know that it was intentionally released. As Americans, we believe in innocent until proven guilty. That does not mean we turn a blind eye, it simply means that we don't convict people (or countries) based on feelings and emotions. We are a nation of facts. Let's get the facts, and then decide what to do.
No... actually a good segment of American culture does not believe this.

How do you think the social justice system persists as it does?

Old 06-14-2021, 11:49 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
If you think that they had an honest accident, why would you punish them for it? Why are you advocating for a diplomatic and military escalation, when you yourself state you believe it was unintentional.

1. If it was an honest mistake, it should not be a reason to enter into a war stance, which is what #3 implies
2. You also state yourself, these are all assumptions. The fact is we still don't know what happened.

People and countries make mistakes all the time. We should determine if it was a mistake at all, then if it was, was it intentional, negligent, or completely an honest mistake. Each one deserves a different response.
So, in your fervor to defend the Communists, you point out that people and countries make mistakes all the time. Yes, they do - and negligence carries with it responsibility to “make whole” the victims. Now it’s a given that all the money in the world can’t make whole for the lives lost, but China certainly owes us bigtime for the cost its negligence created.

Now, as another poster said, if China deliberately released a bioweapon, than that’s an act of war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies