Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 07:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
It seems very extreme, but I would like to know the entire story rather than the media sensationalist's highlights.
Well, all 4 officers have been suspended. So that's kind of a window on how the police department views this incident.

Additionally, the witness states that the most disturbing thing to him, was that the uniformed officer arrives on the scene when 3 plain clothes men have the would be thief on the ground and are beating him, and the uniformed officer, knowing nothing about the situation, kicks the man on the ground in the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 07:54 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
I can't help but wonder why police keep doing this knowing there is a good chance a video is being taken. The kid shouldn't have been stealing but, he could have lost an eye or worse. Not professional at all.
This is what I don't get. There is no reason for this police brutality epidemic we are seeing these days. It is high time that these pigs that commit police brutality are thrown off the force without pension and that includes anyone who protects them.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:57 PM

35,065 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
This is what I don't get. There is no reason for this police brutality epidemic we are seeing these days. It is high time that these pigs that commit police brutality are thrown off the force without pension and that includes anyone who protects them.
And you think somehow the "defund the police" movement will encourage new recruits to step up to the plate?

Old 06-14-2021, 08:08 PM

4,960 posts, read 2,237,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, all 4 officers have been suspended. So that's kind of a window on how the police department views this incident.

Additionally, the witness states that the most disturbing thing to him, was that the uniformed officer arrives on the scene when 3 plain clothes men have the would be thief on the ground and are beating him, and the uniformed officer, knowing nothing about the situation, kicks the man on the ground in the face.
Not really. Garrett Rolfe and Devin Brosnon were almost immediately fired due to politics and media sensualism and will surely be exonerated once the GBI report that was completed in September 2020 is released. Garrett Rolfe has already been reinstated.

I want to see the footage before this incident escalated to the point of OP's video link. And it may be available, but admittedly I have not searched for it. These cops might just be type a personality ass****s that like to beat criminals, but it is a fair question to ask if the criminal's actions escalated the incident.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:32 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
And you think somehow the "defund the police" movement will encourage new recruits to step up to the plate?
And so does that mean we have to keep these pigs who commit assault if not murder on subdued perps? Sorry but I don't think it is mutually exclusive. Also you don't know what defend the police truly means and you are falling for the conservative talking point of it. It means stop sending the anti-terrorism budget they have gotten since 2001 and instead get mental health experts to help on potential suicide calls.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:36 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Not really. Garrett Rolfe and Devin Brosnon were almost immediately fired due to politics and media sensualism and will surely be exonerated once the GBI report that was completed in September 2020 is released. Garrett Rolfe has already been reinstated.

I want to see the footage before this incident escalated to the point of OP's video link. And it may be available, but admittedly I have not searched for it. These cops might just be type a personality ass****s that like to beat criminals, but it is a fair question to ask if the criminal's actions escalated the incident.
I had to google your second sentence, to see who those people were. Not involved in this situation.

So.

To me, it doesn't matter what the footage "before" the camera started rolling in this situation was, because there was a uniformed cop who came running up to the situation, also not knowing what had taken place before, and his first reaction was to kick this kid in the face while he was held down by other mall cops.

Seems like at least for his part, assault charges are warranted, or at the very least, relieving him of his police badge.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And so does that mean we have to keep these pigs who commit assault if not murder on subdued perps? Sorry but I don't think it is mutually exclusive. Also you don't know what defend the police truly means and you are falling for the conservative talking point of it. It means stop sending the anti-terrorism budget they have gotten since 2001 and instead get mental health experts to help on potential suicide calls.
Yes, send them out to suicide calls, not to gang-bang activities.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:12 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Better fewer recruits than LEO that act like this.
Is our only choice people who are abusive or nobody at all?

Old 06-15-2021, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Better fewer recruits than LEO that act like this.
Is our only choice people who are abusive or nobody at all?
You are not going to get "Miss Congeniality" to be a police officer. And are people's only choice when they go out to attract police involvement to themselves?

Old 06-15-2021, 04:18 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
You are not going to get "Miss Congeniality" to be a police officer. And are people's only choice when they go out to attract police involvement to themselves?
Some attract attention when they are innocent. It had been known to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies