Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 07:10 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your OP says this?
Huh? I just said it in reply to your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 07:12 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Huh? I just said it in reply to your post.
Which you cannot prove.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Which you cannot prove.
Of course I can, there was a causal effect as I stated. Trump advocated for a change in policy (from what R leaders had said previously) wrt the commission and R leaders obliged.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:17 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
But how does it feel that with all the craziness that went on in the Trump White House, he was wildly effective in everything that he did compared to any democrat in recent history?

Think about that one.
I voted for Trump, twice. Having said this, he was not particularly effective.

The Wall was not built and Mexico did not pay for the 140 miles of it that was built. Of the 140 miles, only 40 was new. The rest replaced wall built by Bush Admin. Wall did not achieve objectives. It is scalable. There are tunnels and people just blast through.

Trump had no plan to “ replace Obamacare with something wonderful that would take care of everybody and the government was going to pay for it”. No diff between Trump’s intention and Bernie’s Medicare for All except Bernie had a clue what it would cost.

Trump inherited a substantially improving economy and robust stock market and maintained the momentum.

Reducing taxes without reducing costs is foolish.

Amazon was substantially responsible for the NET job growth, 2017-2019.

The unemployment rate was 4.7 on 12/31/2016 and 3.5% on 12/31/2019, pre pandemic. Big whoop.

His administration was a revolving door.

He did manage to not start any new wars.

Trump’s greatest strength is marketing Trump.

I regret my last vote, given Trump’s behavior/ rhetoric, post election.

I want to know what he was doing for hours, on 1/6 while Senators and House Reps begged him, his cabinet and family for help.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:58 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Indeed, the American people voted out Donald Trump in the 2020 election. Facts seem hard for you.
Still holding on to the Big Lie?

Old 06-16-2021, 01:09 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Why is it that Trumpists feel all people must share deep emotional bonds with politicians? That's just very strange to me.
Why do Bidenites, like yourself, feel all people must share deep emotional bonds with politicians?
That's just very strange to me.

Clearly, given your constant defense of Biden, you share deep emotional bonds with him

Old 06-16-2021, 01:12 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
My guess is because Trump is all about performance due to his psychological issues. All doing, no being.
LOL! And you think Biden has no "psychological issues"? Are you a psychiatrist? And here I thought you were a "tech dude"?

Old 06-16-2021, 01:48 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Probably because Trump is still pushing the stolen election lies. What he is doing is very dangerous to the future of our country. You have people on this very forum pushing for a civil war because they believe Trump and his lies. It's fine if you want to keep pushing the MAGA agenda going forward, but for the good of this country can Republicans start calling Trump out for the fraudulent person he is?
No, that is happening because they DON'T believe you and your parties lies.

Old 06-16-2021, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
LOL! And you think Biden has no "psychological issues"? Are you a psychiatrist? And here I thought you were a "tech dude"?
I’ve already explained my psychological understanding of Donald Trump on here. You can search my previous posts if you’d like more detail. Mary Trump shares the same conclusions and she is a psychologist.

Old 06-16-2021, 10:30 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,276,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I voted for Trump, twice. Having said this, he was not particularly effective.

The Wall was not built and Mexico did not pay for the 140 miles of it that was built. Of the 140 miles, only 40 was new. The rest replaced wall built by Bush Admin. Wall did not achieve objectives. It is scalable. There are tunnels and people just blast through.

Trump had no plan to “ replace Obamacare with something wonderful that would take care of everybody and the government was going to pay for it”. No diff between Trump’s intention and Bernie’s Medicare for All except Bernie had a clue what it would cost.

Trump inherited a substantially improving economy and robust stock market and maintained the momentum.

Reducing taxes without reducing costs is foolish.

Amazon was substantially responsible for the NET job growth, 2017-2019.

The unemployment rate was 4.7 on 12/31/2016 and 3.5% on 12/31/2019, pre pandemic. Big whoop.

His administration was a revolving door.

He did manage to not start any new wars.

Trump’s greatest strength is marketing Trump.

I regret my last vote, given Trump’s behavior/ rhetoric, post election.

I want to know what he was doing for hours, on 1/6 while Senators and House Reps begged him, his cabinet and family for help.
I don't know about this post. You sound more like a RINO to me. I'll take the bait though. First off, this President was consumed with attacks every day he was in office. The democrats spent billions of taxpayer dollars to destroy him, which was a disgrace. The taxpayers should not be footing the bill for political gain for either party, especially when they were proven wrong every time.

As far as the wall being built....he was in the process of building it and if the election was wasn't stolen from him, he would have completed it. From what I remember, Mexico was funding some of the wall through tariffs, but what is the difference who paid for it as long as it got built. No one seems to have a problem with Pelosi throwing billions of taxpayer dollars to her donors. Illegals weren't pouring into our southern border like it is now.

Trump did not inherit a substantially improving economy!! Robust stock market?! Did you have a 401K back in the Obama years?

I could swear gas and home heating fuel were not what they are today. In fact, the first two months that Biden took over, it cost me over $500. more for gas and to heat my home than the year before.

Unemployment was the lowest it had been in decades when Trump was President....that is a big whoop!!

The difference between a working for a career politician and a private business or corporation is how hard you have to work. Some people couldn't cut it.

Senators and Reps were "begging" him for help? You must be watching the liberal news. So you regret your last vote and feel the country is in a better state today with Biden? I'm sorry you feel that way because we are in big trouble if it continues the way it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies