Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2021, 06:44 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
What is Trump going there for actually, to look at it? What's the point of going and making a big thing out of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He was invited by the governor of Texas. Both of them are passionate about securing our border. Put two heads together and maybe they can sway Biden and the Democrats to see the light. They can take pictures and videos so that everyone can see just how bad it is because of Biden's policies.
Speaking of passions it is interesting that Governor Abbot and Attorney General Abbot seem to be polar opposite with their passions.

How Texas Gov. Abbott's Immigration Rhetoric Flipped

PAUL FLAHIVE, BYLINE: Abbott's recent comments about COVID-spreading immigrants are just the latest. From suing the Obama administration over DACA to penalizing Texas cities refusing to work with Trump's immigration agencies, the governor has aligned himself with hardline immigration stances. Here's Abbott on "Fox & Friends" in 2017 talking about Texas's sanctuary cities law.

ABBOTT: Under this new law, if you have a public official, including a sheriff, who continues to adopt sanctuary city policies after this ban goes into place, they could be criminally prosecuted and themselves wind up in jail.

FLAHIVE: Supporters of limiting local law enforcement's work with immigration argue it encourages undocumented victims of crime to come forward. Abbott knows that. He made it in 2005. (my bold)

ABBOTT: Many who were victimized were sometimes reluctant to speak up.

FLAHIVE: Unlike Governor Abbott, Attorney General Abbott spent significant resources and time fighting for unauthorized immigrants. The governor's office didn't respond to our request for comment. But John Owens was deputy chief of the consumer protection division for the attorney general until 2011. (my bold)

JOHN OWENS: Governor Abbott used to say when he was attorney general that I don't care about the status of someone, whether or not they are a citizen or a permanent resident or have documents. If they're a victim in Texas, we're going to go after them.

Making a run for the WH is what this is all about --- Look at me Governor Abbott, I get laws passed to help people as Attorney General and when the voters vote me into the Governorship and I take those laws and I shoove 'em up their ----. Perfect potus material, that one. Yep, it's about a run up the political ladder. Trump's just there because there are camera's pointing at his little head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2021, 08:04 PM

62,865 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Speaking of passions it is interesting that Governor Abbot and Attorney General Abbot seem to be polar opposite with their passions.

How Texas Gov. Abbott's Immigration Rhetoric Flipped

PAUL FLAHIVE, BYLINE: Abbott's recent comments about COVID-spreading immigrants are just the latest. From suing the Obama administration over DACA to penalizing Texas cities refusing to work with Trump's immigration agencies, the governor has aligned himself with hardline immigration stances. Here's Abbott on "Fox & Friends" in 2017 talking about Texas's sanctuary cities law.

ABBOTT: Under this new law, if you have a public official, including a sheriff, who continues to adopt sanctuary city policies after this ban goes into place, they could be criminally prosecuted and themselves wind up in jail.

FLAHIVE: Supporters of limiting local law enforcement's work with immigration argue it encourages undocumented victims of crime to come forward. Abbott knows that. He made it in 2005. (my bold)

ABBOTT: Many who were victimized were sometimes reluctant to speak up.

FLAHIVE: Unlike Governor Abbott, Attorney General Abbott spent significant resources and time fighting for unauthorized immigrants. The governor's office didn't respond to our request for comment. But John Owens was deputy chief of the consumer protection division for the attorney general until 2011. (my bold)

JOHN OWENS: Governor Abbott used to say when he was attorney general that I don't care about the status of someone, whether or not they are a citizen or a permanent resident or have documents. If they're a victim in Texas, we're going to go after them.

Making a run for the WH is what this is all about --- Look at me Governor Abbott, I get laws passed to help people as Attorney General and when the voters vote me into the Governorship and I take those laws and I shoove 'em up their ----. Perfect potus material, that one. Yep, it's about a run up the political ladder. Trump's just there because there are camera's pointing at his little head.
It's BS that illegal aliens (not undocumented immigrants or victims) will report crimes if they are not threatened with deportation. Why in the world should we protect them they are law breakers to. As for you last comment it's merely your "hate Trump" opinion that he is going down to the border for a photo op. Get over yourself!

Old 06-20-2021, 11:46 AM

Quote:
It's BS that illegal aliens (not undocumented immigrants or victims) will report crimes if they are not threatened with deportation. Why in the world should we protect them they are law breakers to. As for you last comment it's merely your "hate Trump" opinion that he is going down to the border for a photo op. Get over yourself!
I don't like Trump as much as I don't like any bully. Get over myself? You get over yourself? Those who are undocumented are people --- human beings, just like yourself, sort of, and what kind of people are we as a nation, that we would let crimes against them go unpunished. What kind of nation does that make the u.s. --- Russia, China, are we tearing a page out of their playbook now on how our laws treat people? Abbot as an Attorney General seemed to know that that as a Governor, he has forgotten. Or is any of it really him, or is what he is doing is just for votes --- doing what he thinks the people want so as to get votes.

So when he takes the land for this wall, what does he see happens with those votes? Republicans are suppose to be all about the businessman and property rights for those individuals. So if there are republicans living along the boarder, whose land is in jeopardy of being confiscated, who has family and friends, inside a State, whose Cities are Blue, if you ask me Governor Abbott is playing with --- can I turn this big Red State, Blue? Change the reason this big State is Red and yes, you can.

Old 06-20-2021, 12:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,524,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger84Ag View Post
Your right they were
When Donald Trump arrives in Texas for an appearance with GOP Gov. Greg Abbott to tour the state’s border, he should bring a check to pay off his campaign’s nearly $570,000 debt to the city of El Paso, a local judge said.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0dd0174277622

Old 06-20-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
I don't like Trump as much as I don't like any bully. Get over myself? You get over yourself? Those who are undocumented are people --- human beings, just like yourself, sort of, and what kind of people are we as a nation, that we would let crimes against them go unpunished. What kind of nation does that make the u.s. --- Russia, China, are we tearing a page out of their playbook now on how our laws treat people? Abbot as an Attorney General seemed to know that that as a Governor, he has forgotten. Or is any of it really him, or is what he is doing is just for votes --- doing what he thinks the people want so as to get votes.

So when he takes the land for this wall, what does he see happens with those votes? Republicans are suppose to be all about the businessman and property rights for those individuals. So if there are republicans living along the boarder, whose land is in jeopardy of being confiscated, who has family and friends, inside a State, whose Cities are Blue, if you ask me Governor Abbott is playing with --- can I turn this big Red State, Blue? Change the reason this big State is Red and yes, you can.
Again, merely your opinion about Trump. I get the feeling that you don't like him because of his illegal immigration stance. No such thing as "undocumented people" they are illegal aliens. Why can't you get that through your head?

I'm not about to try and read Abbot's mind but just as long as he feels the same way that Trump does about illegal immigration and is taking steps to protect his state what's not to like? Your dislike of him is based on the same reasons you don't like Trump and that's because you are an illegal alien sympathizer.

You'll never convince me that talking a small portion of border land for our national security is a terrible thing to do yet you keep repeating yourself over and over. Any land owners down there that care more about themselves than the well being of this nation as a whole I question their patriotism.

Old 06-20-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Again, merely your opinion about Trump. I get the feeling that you don't like him because of his illegal immigration stance. No such thing as "undocumented people" they are illegal aliens. Why can't you get that through your head?

I'm not about to try and read Abbot's mind but just as long as he feels the same way that Trump does about illegal immigration and is taking steps to protect his state what's not to like? Your dislike of him is based on the same reasons you don't like Trump and that's because you are an illegal alien sympathizer.

You'll never convince me that talking a small portion of border land for our national security is a terrible thing to do yet you keep repeating yourself over and over. Any land owners down there that care more about themselves than the well being of this nation as a whole I question their patriotism.
Quote:
I don't believe in using words that dehumanize people just to make a political point. Get that one through, your head --- Trump is a Bully --- he is a person that never changed that about himself. I do not like bullies, I don't care who they are or how much money they are perceived to have in their bank accounts. I did not like him in the 70s, nor the 80s, nor the 90s --- I do not like him at anytime, sam I am.

Quote:
There was a time in this country where anyone standing up for equal rights under the law, one would have been called a woman sympathizer, or a n-lover, basically what your saying is today is no different, than any other time in this nation's history and that's just sad, it really is. If a person lays down, they will get run over. I stand up for anyone being bullied as someone stood up for me once.

Quote:
Patriotism, the word utilized in Hitlers day in Germany --- just saying

Donald Trump interview | New York |Reporting London 1982

at about time stamp 3:52 --- "they [NY] removed the power to vote, of those who might object. 4:20 Without a rich man's table, there are no crumbs for the poor ..." So how does a poor man get a leg up? If honesty doesn't work, try dishonest, portray it as honest and here walks in Trump to show people how that works. The government will take your land for a wall and you're going to love it.

Old 06-20-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I don't believe in using words that dehumanize people just to make a political point. Get that one through, your head --- Trump is a Bully --- he is a person that never changed that about himself. I do not like bullies, I don't care who they are or how much money they are perceived to have in their bank accounts. I did not like him in the 70s, nor the 80s, nor the 90s --- I do not like him at anytime, sam I am.

There was a time in this country where anyone standing up for equal rights under the law, one would have been called a woman sympathizer, or a n-lover, basically what your saying is today is no different, than any other time in this nation's history and that's just sad, it really is. If a person lays down, they will get run over. I stand up for anyone being bullied as someone stood up for me once.

Patriotism, the word utilized in Hitlers day in Germany --- just saying

Donald Trump interview | New York |Reporting London 1982

at about time stamp 3:52 --- "they [NY] removed the power to vote, of those who might object. 4:20 Without a rich man's table, there are no crumbs for the poor ..." So how does a poor man get a leg up? If honesty doesn't work, try dishonest, portray it as honest and here walks in Trump to show people how that works. The government will take your land for a wall and you're going to love it.
How does the term illegal alien dehumanize anyone? Alien = foreigner and illegal is simply the adjective to describe their presence in our country. Why would you even care what law breakers are called anyway?

I have no idea what the rest of your rant is about. Since you chose to go on and on about taking land for the wall for our national security again I have no further use to debate with a parrot in here who keeps repeating themself over and over. You and those land owners that object to giving up a "small" portion of their land for our national security don't have your hearts and minds in the right place and certainly aren't patriots. Buh, bye off to the trash bin you go!

Old 06-20-2021, 03:10 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,585,304 times
“Alien” is a legal term to describe non-US citizen under 8 USC and 8 CFR.

Calling them anything other than “alien” is just PC bull****

Old 06-20-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
How does the term illegal alien dehumanize anyone? Alien = foreigner and illegal is simply the adjective to describe their presence in our country. Why would you even care what law breakers are called anyway?

I have no idea what the rest of your rant is about. Since you chose to go on and on about taking land for the wall for our national security again I have no further use to debate with a parrot in here who keeps repeating themself over and over. You and those land owners that object to giving up a "small" portion of their land for our national security don't have your hearts and minds in the right place and certainly aren't patriots. Buh, bye off to the trash bin you go!
That is where the real patriots usually wind up --- which means, I'm in great company and I wouldn't want to be in any other company, other than with those who are real folks --- doing that which is real. Those that worked hard for their land, should not be made to give it up to a government that could not careless for their well being, as it has been shown, over and over again, throughout this nation's history --- Wealth is the driver and if you haven't wealth, you are nothing to anyone and no one knows that any better than Donald Trump.

Old 06-20-2021, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
“Alien” is a legal term to describe non-US citizen under 8 USC and 8 CFR.

Calling them anything other than “alien” is just PC bull****
Alien --- aka, something not of this world; interesting use of that word. What do we call a person refusing or otherwise not willing to pay their debts? We call them a Donald Trump. We use to call them dead beats --- today we call them rich, wealthy and wish we could be one. Presentation, presentation, presentation --- and how to make a fantasy, real. Interesting enough there isn't a legal term for those living in a fantasy, aka alien world without debt worries. There are those but with a dream of being just like them. The American Dream, but you have to be American, to dream it. And you have to be asleep to make that dream come true.

Shhhh, American's are sleeping, don't wake them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies