Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 04:41 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
California is the last place I would want to live.
I'm sure they're not too concerned about that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 05:01 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
My area is suffering an influx of expat California residents, and they're one reason I think CA should be its own country. A country with high walls and barbed wire fences... to keep its citizens in.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:05 AM

238 posts, read 99,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Seems everyone is fleeing to red states. Then they will have all those CA transplants and they will end up like Colorado. Destroyed. Shame CA people don't stay put as they spread like a cancer destroying what were such great states. Colorado and Arizona will fall due to the cancer spread.
It's unfortunate.

I recently fled Washington (pop 7M and another state ruined by liberal leadership) after 10 years for Florida... the 3rd most populous state at 21M... but I'm a conservative who has never once voted for the liberal garbage.

I'll offset one blue vote towards keeping Florida red.

If all the Democrats would just move to the left coast the USA would be a much better place.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:11 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
One would think everyone wants to live there just for the weather alone. Nope. Sure is a messed up place. Seems everyone is fleeing to red states. Then they will have all those CA transplants and they will end up like Colorado. Destroyed. Shame CA people don't stay put as they spread like a cancer destroying what were such great states. Colorado and Arizona will fall due to the cancer spread.
People who leave are doing so because of their jobs or retirement, only on this board do people state that they are moving over the political climate. Red states are cheaper to live in tax wise, they also offer far less job opportunities and often poorer quality schools things that younger people with families want but of no concern for those who are retiring...

Last edited by VA Yankee; 06-16-2021 at 06:11 AM..

Old 06-16-2021, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
People who leave are doing so because of their jobs or retirement only on this board do people state that they are moving over the political climate. Red states are cheaper to live in tax wise, they also offer far less job opportunities and often poorer quality schools things that younger people with families want but of no concern for those who are retiring...
I was fortunate enough to secure a job in FL making the same money I made in WA... which means I'm doing even better in this lower COL red state.

I worked in Seattle... and I remember when I moved there 10 years ago it was booming with jobs... I had some amazing years before things started to go downhill in 2019 and then took a dump in 2020. I didn't lose my job but I did lose all my OT which was a substantial amount.

https://komonews.com/news/local/a-ne...-in-job-growth

Straight from a Seattle news source and it's kinda funny... thanks to the liberal leadership and their never ending lockdowns Seattle doesn't look as appealing. Red states TX and FL are at the top of the job growth now.

I left for a combination of things... COL being the biggest... and the politics being close behind. Once I secured the job I think it would have been stupid to stay given the COL difference.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:20 AM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Why does the #1 economy have $362 Billion in debt?

California has the 9th worse balance sheet in the USA...9 of the worse 10 American states blance sheets are Lib states.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewd...h=7037a75a78a3

Their pensions are funded at only 60%, which makes them a ponzi scheme.

Homeless addicts everywhere in the #1 state economy proves the Democrat system of governance creates the most inequality, and the worst housing affordability. Only those at the top prosper...the rest die in the gutter...where's the compassion in that?

Old 06-16-2021, 05:26 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
People who leave are doing so because of their jobs or retirement only on this board do people state that they are moving over the political climate. Red states are cheaper to live in tax wise, they also offer far less job opportunities and often poorer quality schools things that younger people with families want but of no concern for those who are retiring...
I agree on all points except the schools.

Personally, I'm sick of the CA bashing and the Texas bashing. I have property in both states and only wish for success for both.

Unfortunately, there are posters on this site and many others that root for ill will toward people in both states. They root for political parties like they're baseball teams. Really quite childish.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Homeless addicts everywhere in the #1 state economy proves the Democrat system of governance creates the most inequality, and the worst housing affordability. Only those at the top prosper...the rest die in the gutter...where's the compassion in that?
Seattle is the same way. Homeless tents and RVs everywhere. I never saw an RV that would even run... every couple days you'd see some truck come and latch on and tow the RV a couple blocks down the street to circumvent the abandoned vehicle laws.

As for affordable housing... I'm paying 40% less in FL for more house than I had in WA.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:34 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
Seattle is the same way. Homeless tents and RVs everywhere. I never saw an RV that would even run... every couple days you'd see some truck come and latch on and tow the RV a couple blocks down the street to circumvent the abandoned vehicle laws.

As for affordable housing... I'm paying 40% less in FL for more house than I had in WA.
And in Florida there are homeless tents and rv's everywhere I well. There's a guy on my commute that lives on the side of the road in his tent, which is right across from an RV lot. What is your point?

Old 06-16-2021, 05:42 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
It's an opinion piece. It's meaningless.

I went to have a look at it (grudgingly opening the ignored bebop's post to do so), to demonstrate how Bloomberg was lying, but I didn't need to. An opinion piece can say anything at all and doesn't require any supporting information. It can even be objectively false, and there's no issue, because it's an "opinion" piece.

Learn how to read the news, bebop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies