Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 06:56 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,179,553 times

Advertisements

Compounding California's problems will be the drought situation. There is already a drought emergency declared in 41 of the state's 58 counties. When you can't flush the toilet, take a leisurely shower or launder your clothes, this is when things in CA will really deteriorate. Mandatory signs on bathroom doors will say, "if it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown flush it down."

RES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 07:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Response: Opinion

Not to worry.................The Fault will literally level the playing field.

Adios, Mexico del Norte.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:08 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
CA is great if you can afford a super expensive house on the coast with great weather and away from the smog.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:08 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I have not read all the comments; I am fairly sure I have read both sides many times before.

If people love California, fine -- they can have it. I, however, left it in 1986, and I could barely stand it even 35 years ago. I could barely tolerate to the overpopulation and pollution of the LA area -- and the extreme liberals and the influx of people who have contributed since that time to making it the home of many of the uneducated, the unclean, and the undisciplined just add to my conviction that leaving it was one of the best decisions of my entire life.

There is more to life, in my opinion, than living somewhere with a high GDP.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:09 AM

238 posts, read 99,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Mandatory signs on bathroom doors will say, "if it's yellow, let it mellow; if it's brown flush it down."
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I could barely tolerate to the overpopulation and pollution of the LA area -- and the extreme liberals and the influx of people who have contributed since that time to making it home of many of the uneducated, the unclean, and the undisciplined just add to my conviction that leaving it was one of the best decisions of my entire life.
I feel the same way after having left Washington after 10 years... and I've only been here a couple months.

There's a reason they call it the left coast. All 3 states are mirrors of each other... in voting and in life.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:20 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
My point is I have yet to see a homeless tent or RV in Florida... but there are all over the place in Seattle. Virtually every street in Ballard... close enough to the Space Needle you can pose with the tents when you visit... up and down Denny Way... over by the stadiums... You want pics? I have plenty I took before I left that liberal infested dump.

You'll have to direct me where I can go to see such things in Florida... cuz I haven't seen them yet... at least not around Orlando, Tampa and Tallahassee.
I think that perhaps the Florida poverty is more hidden (not a bad thing, imo). There was an excellent movie a few years ago called "The Florida Project" that featured people living in motels as a way of life.

I would personally rather have the homeless live in motels or mobile homes instead of living in tents, whether the tents are made out of cloth or cardboard. The homeless "street camps" of San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver, etc. are a national disgrace.

Last edited by katharsis; 06-16-2021 at 07:52 AM..

Old 06-16-2021, 07:25 AM

238 posts, read 99,368 times
Quote:
I think that perhaps the Florida poverty is more hidden (not a bad thing, imo). There was an excellent movie a few years ago called "The Florida Project" that featured people living in motels as a way of life.
I'm fine with hidden... I never said it didn't exist... I only said I hadn't seen it.

Quote:
I would personally rather have the homeless live in motels or mobile homes (except for the hurricane/tornado danger in Florida and other states) than live in tents, whether made out of cloth or cardboard. The homeless "street camps" depicted in San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver, etc. are a national disgrace.
I agree. The perks of voting Democratic for years and years and years.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:37 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
I lived in Southern California for one year, fifty-two years ago. Even as a mindless little tabula rasa of fourteen years, I realized that there was something sick and wrong, morally and intellectually, about the place.

I have since been there once for a three-day trade show and once passing through on the bus. Same aura of creepiness. I can only imagine how much worse it has gotten in fifty-two years.

I'd love to see a wall around it.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:59 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
California has been an incredible economic engine for many decades and continues that. It's very impressive, kudos to Cali!

Old 06-16-2021, 08:04 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Well, I'll be darned.
The state with the largest population did well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies