Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 01:04 PM

25,442 posts, read 9,802,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Ok. Selling artwork can be used as a way to launder money because art is not a commodity. Hunter isn't selling groceries in a corner market. He's selling artwork and he can set whatever price he wants on it, and a "buyer" can pay money to the Biden crime family by simply spending $500 k on a piece of canvas that isn't worth $.50.

So, on paper, the money funneling into the Biden Crime Family only looks like some poor sap was buying trash art, instead of paying for favors from the POTUS.
My, you have an active imagination. Gotta try to get Hunter one way or the other, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2021, 01:07 PM

10,475 posts, read 6,991,011 times
How anyone cannot see the red flags here is beyond me. Then again, I do agree that Democrat voters are complete dumbasses.

Old 06-17-2021, 01:17 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,604,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Ok. Selling artwork can be used as a way to launder money because art is not a commodity. Hunter isn't selling groceries in a corner market. He's selling artwork and he can set whatever price he wants on it, and a "buyer" can pay money to the Biden crime family by simply spending $500 k on a piece of canvas that isn't worth $.50.

So, on paper, the money funneling into the Biden Crime Family only looks like some poor sap was buying trash art, instead of paying for favors from the POTUS.
And there are no AML (anti-money laundering) requirements on the art dealers/houses. The buyer can be completely anonymous. There are people who say they should be classified as money transmitting businesses and adhere to AML laws.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:06 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfountain View Post
And in the interests of improving reading skills, nowhere did I imply that you said that bribery occurred. But I do take exception at the implication that anything nefarious is happening, with not one shred of evidence. Why are these discussions taking place in a void of provable facts? What's wrong with trying to establish a basis for truth before spouting off? And then you go off the range with trying to prove your point by quoting a completely different artist and their supposed bribery. Talk about deflection, you just wrote the book.
I gave you an example of how bribes are hidden by overpaying since you couldn't seem to grasp the concept.

Here is another similar way, overpaying or paying for services not received.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hired_Truck_Program

If you'd like another example, the head of the Chicago teachers union had a "book deal" with a company that they then steered contracts to.

Given his newness to the occupation and the very high prices involved, it is suspicious. That is all.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Just curious why selling artwork is now considered bribery/money laundering?
It is not, but it is a time-tested means of masking a payment for something else by over-purchasing.

As such, the amounts involved for not just an amateur artist but one that just started out doing it are shall we say, surprising.

Tell you what, imagine Trump Jr. suddenly started an art career in 2017 selling things for up to 500k each and humorously most of the posters arguing here would flip sides. I would personally find it suspicious.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
How anyone cannot see the red flags here is beyond me. Then again, I do agree that Democrat voters are complete dumbasses.
In fairness, it's the exact same thing from a couple years back where some member of the Trump family would get a patent or whatnot in China and people would start screaming it was a payoff....and the Republicans would all defend it.

Or a bank loan or business deal etc. etc. etc.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I'm breathlessly awaiting a self portrait of Hunter. From the waist down. A big moneymaker (so to speak).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies