Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 12:26 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The religious crap is already disappearing. The younger generation has little or no interest in religion, and how many Baptist churches have closed their doors in the South in the last year? And what will the Republicans do without their evangelical wing? Are they preparing for it?
Lack of religion is directly tied to the decay of our society. From where does a moral foundation spring, if not religion? And without morals, there is no right or wrong. This slow acting poison of the atheist Left has led to what we see today - skyrocketing crime, race based attacks on innocent individuals, riots, looting and an administrative state which allowed it all to happen.

I don't know if a God exists. I'm not arrogant enough to definitively declare anything either way. There's no way to know. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, as they say.

What I do know is that when people live their lives by a set of philosophical rules which emphasizes the importance of treating people well, they tend to be happier and better adjusted than those who don't. Often healthier and more successful, too. I'm just not seeing the downside, maybe other than some strangers on the internet laughing at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 12:26 PM

238 posts, read 99,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
but used the wrong man to do it. That cost us The White House in 2020.
Don't worry... we'll be back in the WH in 2024.

Ron DeSantis.

OBiden or Kamalamala... doesn't matter. He wins.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Lack of religion is directly tied to the decay of our society. From where does a moral foundation spring, if not religion? And without morals, there is no right or wrong. This slow acting poison of the atheist Left has led to what we see today - skyrocketing crime, race based attacks on innocent individuals, riots, looting and an administrative state which allowed it all to happen.

I don't know if a God exists. I'm not arrogant enough to definitively declare anything either way. There's no way to know. Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, as they say.

What I do know is that when people live their lives by a set of philosophical rules which emphasizes the importance of treating people well, they tend to be happier and better adjusted than those who don't. Often healthier and more successful, too. I'm just not seeing the downside, maybe other than some strangers on the internet laughing at them.
But look at how devotion worked out for the Mid Eastern countries, except for Israel. Too many prohibitive laws stifle the human spirit and promote hate.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:36 PM

10,460 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Highly recommend watching the Two President Prophecy as prophesised by Kim Clement a long time ago. There will be pathway for Trump back into office.

https://youtu.be/W3hPnxp6HlQ

Old 06-16-2021, 03:15 PM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I agree however there are not enough people sitting in the pews to defeat the leftists. You have to do what you have to do to market your brand

Old 06-16-2021, 03:50 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Didn't Justin Trudeau get caught this week on a hot mic saying that Harris would replace Biden as president by the end of 2022?

Old 06-16-2021, 04:41 PM

7,510 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
We Republicans should apologize to all Americans for our failure to stop Obama. We stopped Hillary, but used the wrong man to do it. That cost us The White House in 2020.

We nearly took congress in 2020, and as the article points out, our chances look very very good for the 118th congress. With luck and skill we will obstruct every single bad idea that comes out of the Biden White House.

Obstruct! It is good for America!
After all that's what the Left does when there's a Republican president. They did it in spades during Trump's presidency, now they're squealing like stuck pigs. What short memories these people have.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:37 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
After all that's what the Left does when there's a Republican president. They did it in spades during Trump's presidency, now they're squealing like stuck pigs. What short memories these people have.
Yeah. They're they guys who sued to stop The Wall because butterflies could not migrate through it.

Old 06-16-2021, 05:41 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The United States is a REPUBLIC, not a Democracy. Changes are supposed to be hard. You should need more than a simple majority to get major legislation passed.
Ah, but go ahead and vote out the filibuster (as Mitch did) to get a SCJ with a simple majority,

Old 06-16-2021, 05:42 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,233,304 times
Quote:
Yeah. They're they guys who sued to stop The Wall because butterflies could not migrate through it.
That’s the best you can bluster up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies